Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find the "Account" option to set up notifications?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been trying to set up notifications for text, email, calendar, etc. on my new Versa.  The help page states that on the dashboard, to tap the Account icon with a visual of an image.  I do not see this account icon or associated image anywhere on the dashboard.  When I do click settings and then go to notifications, there are no options to select text messages, calendar, emails, etc. 

What am I missing?

Thank you. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hey @reidconnly, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy The account icon that you're referring to, is located at the bottom of your Dashboard, on the Fitbit app, and looks like this:User-added image

Then you have to do the following: 

1. Tap Notifications.
  2. Tap the type of notification you'd like to receive (Text Messages, Calendar Events, Emails, or App Notifications), and make sure it's turned on.
  3. Choose which apps can send notifications to your Fitbit device. For example, if you'd rather see text messages from WhatsApp than Messages, change the Text messaging (SMS) app setting. (You can only choose 1 app per category.) This list shows the most common apps for these features:
    • Phone app—Dialer
    • Text messaging (SMS) app—Messages
    • Calendar app—Calendar
    • Email—Email
  4. If your Fitbit device can receive notifications from other apps on your phone, tap App Notifications and make your choices. 
  5. If you want to require that only encrypted notifications can pass from your phone to your Fitbit device:
    1. Go back to the Notifications screen and tap Require encryption.
    2. Close and reopen the Fitbit app to start the bonding process required for sending encrypted data.
    3. If the bonding process fails, tap Re-enable and try again. Most phones bond immediately or after a few tries, but some phones can’t bond to your Fitbit device. See the list of devices with known issues at What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android device?
  6. If you receive messages in a language that doesn't use the Latin alphabet, for example Cyrillic or Arabic languages, your messages may not appear properly on your Fitbit device. To automatically convert unsupported characters into the closest Latin equivalent, tap Enable Transliteration.
  7. Sync your device. 

Finally, to turn on the notification setting on your Versa, press and hold the back button and swipe left to access the quick settings screen. Make sure you can receive notifications from your phone.

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

Thank you very much for the detailed reply. I've found the notification icon on the app - seemed obvious to me now. When I tap the icon the screen comes up with notifications on the left and messages on the right. The notification screen is blank, however. There are no options to choose any notifications. I uninstalled and reinstalled the fitbit app without success.

Any additional suggestions?

Thanks again,

Reid
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @reidconnly! Thanks for trying to uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app on your phone to fix this. Could you please try just to log out and log back in to your account? Also, please reboot the Bluetooth on your phone and restart your phone as well. 

Give it a try and if the issue persists, I'd like you to post a screenshot where the notifications should be so I can further investigate it. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I HAVE LOOKED ALL OVER MY DASHBOARD AND CAN'T FIND THE ACCOUNT ICON...OR NOWHERE TO SYNC EITHER ON MY DESKTOP. DIDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH HR 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Charlee55, welcome aboard! On the Fitbit app, on your mobile device, the "Account" icon is on the upper right corner, is the little square with three lines and a little circle inside of it. 

app 2.png  

Now if you are also using the Fitbit account on your PC, could you please tell me, is it a Windows 10 computer? 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes