Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replying to messages?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will there be any updates to allow users to reply to messages direct from the Versa, i.e. being able to type or write a reply on the screen rather than only being able to select a pre-written quick reply?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The quick replies will take the form of a list of replies, editable in the Fitbit app, that can be selected. There will not be a free text entry option.

Also, initially, it will be Android only.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
101 REPLIES 101

Yes, on the versa page (www.fitbit.com/versa) says:

Notifications & Quick Replies

Get call, calendar, text, and app alerts. Send quick replies to messages (Android only—coming soon).††

Best Answer

As i understand it though, by "quick replies" they mean you can select a pre-programmed reply that you actually store beforehand via the app, rather than being able to actually write a bespoke reply directly on the watch. 

Best Answer

The quick replies will take the form of a list of replies, editable in the Fitbit app, that can be selected. There will not be a free text entry option.

Also, initially, it will be Android only.

Best Answer

When will this feature be avaliable on Android? I hear it'll be avaliable in May. Is this right? Also if the feature doesn't become avaliable until May, will you have to get a whole new watch or will it just be a service update?

Best Answer

it will be a firmware update

?
Best Answer

Thanks a lot

Best Answer

Also, will this firmware update be compatible with other models e.g. Fitbit blaze?

Best Answer

@nomitchwrote:

Also, will this firmware update be compatible with other models e.g. Fitbit blaze?

No. The firmware update will be for Fitbit OS devices (so far only the Versa and the Ionic run that).

As far as I know, no future plans for Blaze. It's even going to be discontinued.

狂乱 Hey Kids!
Best Answer

So the quick reply is only available on Android did I read correctly? 

Just received my Versa and I have no options for quick replies on my iPhone app. 

Best Answer

I believe if you use a 3rd party messaging app with iOS the notifications and the quick replies will work.  

Dont quote me on that.  Once I get my versa next week I will try that out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got mine on Thursday and no where did it say it wouldn’t be available. There is no option to add quick replies, I have an IPhone also.

Best Answer

@BingBing @SherryRose
2.png

Fitbit has a tendency to advertise however it suits them best.

On that small feature promo we have quick replies, which are only for Android only, and the ability to accept calls, which is only for iPhones...

狂乱 Hey Kids!
Best Answer
It’s so disappointing and that is false advertising. I have the Blaze and only upgraded because of that feature. It also does not have the option to put Spotify on which sucks cuz I am not paying for Pandora. I love Fitbit but this has me really thinking if I should change my mind on their products.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Although it's really not their fault that they cannot get Spotify as an app nor get the replies with iPhones (since that's an iOS limitation imposed to Bluetooth connections), I do think that the way they market the devices is terrible.

I saw that once the Ionic was released it claimed to be scratch proof, which was not the case. They fixed that but then something similar happened with the Versa.

Even for the Blaze. The website said that it was a watch until it was discontinued but customer service kept insisting that the only true watch from Fitbit was in fact the Ionic (back then the Versa wasn't even announced).

狂乱 Hey Kids!
Best Answer
0 Votes

so the quick reply will ONLY be available for Android and not for IOS at all?

or it means that initially it will only support Android and IOS support will come later?

Best Answer

So if I'm correct, the versa quick reply messages that it' advertised in the video showing, isn't available to anyone at the moment and at some stage will be available to android users only, and versa can only accept incoming calls if you'e running ios/Apple? That's a bit bad on the advertising front considering it' showing something the watch isn't guaranteed to do yet.

Unless I'm mistaken? 

I run android, and I'm picking is the reason I can't get the period tracking side of things on versa (which is also shown in the video-becoming a very misleading video btw)

Moderator edit: word choice and format 

Best Answer

@Geeoorgieporgie You're right. Kind of silly that they advertise their product with stuff that has not been released just yet. But hey, they add a tiny miny disclaimer.

@SunsetRunner It will most likely never be available for iOS. What's happening is that Apple won't allow a third party app to take over the messages app and send something back when it receives a physical response from a Bluetooth devices (Versa in this case), which is something the Android system lets you approve.

狂乱 Hey Kids!
Best Answer

So when is this update suppose to happen because I bought the versa for the fact that you can send a quick reply back when someone texts or calls....

Best Answer

how were they able to advertise this product as doing something it simply DOES NOT DO?

Android or not, I can't send quick replies and they advertised that feature before it even came out for sale.

Best Answer