Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replying to messages?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will there be any updates to allow users to reply to messages direct from the Versa, i.e. being able to type or write a reply on the screen rather than only being able to select a pre-written quick reply?

Best Answer
101 REPLIES 101

I just bought the Versa and it has been a complete headache to get it to do anything.  Now no quick reply to texts I feel like returning it.

False advertising for sure.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hear ya, you'd think with all the negative discussion to Fitbit would get
itget it taken care o. Upgrade it software or something. Like I said as of
right now I'm getting my text and I can respond with the quick response...
happy about that. Don't know how long it'll last.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I’ve had mine since May and it doesn’t do quick reply at all and sometimes I do get my calls on time and I can’t talk through the watch either

Sent from my iPhone
Bwright
Best Answer
0 Votes

I returned the Versa and got an IWatch.  More expensive but at least it does what it’s advertised to do.  I haven’t had a single issue with it since buying it.  Way better investment than the Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
>From my understanding you can't talk to the phone it doesn't have a
microphone maybe it has a speaker but it don't have a microphone...so you
can't talk through it...☹
Best Answer
No, u can’t talk to the phone but there should be pre prepared texts that can be used to reply to a text message. This is currently unavailable for iPhone users

Sent from Alison's iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

You can change the quick text replys in the app!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven’t got access to quick replies yet because I’m an iPhone user

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was thinking about the I watch but I just love doing challenges with people on Fitbit that’s why I don’t switch

Sent from my iPhone
Bwright
Best Answer
0 Votes
👍
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

I hope you are doing fine. I know that it would be great to have the quick reply option for all phones. Please take a look at the Quick Replies for iOS Devices request, vote for it and leave your comment. Also, check the help article How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch? to have more information about this feature.

Keep the stepping up. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do u respond to txt on Versa Fitbit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What type of 3rd party app

Best Answer
0 Votes

So from what I can gather is that you have to have the latest installation of Fitbit versa (Firmware 32.32.10.15) and at least android version 8.0 on your phone for it to work. I recently upgraded my phone (contract had run out on my old phone) and my old phone had an android version less than 8.0 and quick replies did not work. My new phone has Android 8.0 and quick replies now work. I do have to make sure my versa has recently been synced though as sometimes the notifications don't come through on my watch. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have an iPhone. Will the quick response work on a iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Not yet unfortunately. I would’ve waited or bought an iWatch had I known

Best Answer
0 Votes
Agreed. Thx u
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not a fitbit issue. It is an apple issue. It is due to their restrictions on bluetooth devices and messaging from devices that are not apple made.

Best Answer