Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set up my Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone,

I purchased the Fitbit Versa and received it on Monday June 11th. At the same time my phone also did the Android Oreo update which changed many things. Since then, I have not been able to sync my Fitbit and now my Bluetooth won't even connect to it. I've tried restarting the app and Bluetooth. I've tried uninstalling the Fitbit app. I've tried re-adding the Versa and it doesn't seem to want to work anyway I try it. Very annoying only having it a day! Has anyone else experienced this and is this potentially an Android issue and not a Fitbit issue?

Thank you.

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

A warm welcome to the Community @Rxqueen621.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. In order to make your watch sync, I recommend verifying that it is paired to your account. If you can't see your Versa on your Dashboard, I recommend following the instructions provided in the How do I set up my Fitbit device? help article in order to set it up.

Let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues. i have a s7 edge that was running on 7.0. i had no problems with my versa and got all my notifications. This morning my phone updated to 8.0 and i do not receive call notifications. i can receive text and other notifications but not calls. contacted Fitbit chat and they told me to unpair from my Bluetooth. now i cannot connect my versa back to my Bluetooth and the wifi wont even load the page for me to connect to it on the app. Fitbit disconnected my chat so i have no idea what else to do. I'm super frustrated. I'm gonna return this if nothing fixes this issue. 

p.s. I've already restarted my versa a million times and unistalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app multiple times. i don't really want to do a factory reset unless i really need to but I've also read that that did not help others. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am sorry you are having the same issue. I didn't get any help I just left
it alone for a few days and tried it and it was able to pair again. So that
would my suggestion. If it doesn't pair after that I am not sure what else
to suggest if fitbit isn't giving you any help. Good luck!

--
~Michelle katz~
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information I have tried troubleshooting and I was able to re-add the tracker but it only syncs I would say once or twice a week other times Bluetooth can't find the tracker and it won't sync no matter what. I hope this gets resolved soon thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Returned my Versa and got a Samsung sport gear. The set up was so quick and easy. Not once had I have to restart the device, factory reset it, uninstall and reinstall the app, exchange it, unpair/ re pair bluetooth or WiFi, call customer service, or sit and wait to see if issues get resolved, etc. I get notifications smoothly and the text reponse is so much more advanced compared to fitbit. Syncing is quick and I’ve had no problems. I’ve been a loyal Fitbit customer since 2014 and I’m really not missing out moving on to another brand that does what Fitbit is trying to do 100x better. Plus, since they don’t bother to update their challenges/trails, they are no different than other fitness devices. For the price I paid for the Versa and all its issues with it, I just pay a few more dollars for another device that works way smoother and feels sturdier. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Galaxy S7 Edge . Am I not able to get pandora or even download any music? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should be able to.

Best Answer
0 Votes