Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Edition woven bands ok for workouts?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I read that the classic band comes with the SE watch so that you can switch it out to use for WORKOUTS??  I assumed the SE bands would be ok as long as you don't swim but that make me wonder if even the moisture from sweating is a no-no.  I like the SE bands but don't want to fool with switching each time I do anything that will cause me to sweat.  Insight?

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
28 REPLIES 28

On the special addition fit bit versa band is the woven band a fabric like material?

Also, does it come with both the woven band AND a classic band?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it comes with a black classic band.

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should be fine wearing the SE band for workouts and only need to switch for swimming. I have multiple bands (leather, cloth, and classic) for my Ionic and I only switch it out for swimming and fashion. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

I like the SE woven bands but was surprised in the fine details for the care:

See https://www.fitbit.com/productcare. Basically all bands except for elastomer bands should not be used when exercising or sleeping.

What are people's experience here?

Dean

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @hucmuc, good to see you again! I was reading about your concerns about the woven bands for the Fitbit Versa. This is correct, as you could see in our Wear & Care site this bands are not intended  to be worn during high-intensity workouts or sleep, which could affect the overall appearance and quality of the accessory is maintained.

This editions of wristbands are intended for those users who are looking for a more casual look while you can keep track of your activity on your day to day routine.

For more details you can visit the following thread: Woven Bands for Versa.

See you later and let me know if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I just bought the versa and cant get the black silicone band to fit. I was so excited it came with 2 bands but pretty dissatisfied with the fact that one doesn't fit..

Best Answer

@kroche01 wrote:

I just bought the versa and cant get the black silicone band to fit. I was so excited it came with 2 bands but pretty dissatisfied with the fact that one doesn't fit..

It should fit. Probably just need to make sure it is going on dead square. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can get mine attached but it comes apart randomly,  I got the SE one for the features but I don’t like the lavender cloth ban so wanted to be able to use the classic band. The band attachment is an epic fail. I think I need to return my versa 😢

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with the extra black band. My fingers are super sore from trying and trying to get the band to work. I give up!! Very dissatisfied. How could you give an extra band that will never work. You can tell by looking at it, it is to thick. Unbelievable!! 

Best Answer

It fits.  It just needs to go in at a steep angle.  And can’t just slip it in from the side.  The little silicone ledge that stick out on the side of the band has to be slid inside the notch on the phone.  There are some you tube videos that show how it goes.  Once you do it a few times it gets much easier. 

As as far as it slipping out. Make sure the pins are inserted into the holes and the spring is pushing it that way.  It will go in if it’s lined up.  Once you feel it snap in give it a tug to make sure it’s secure. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did finally get it to go on. Thank You so much for the advice on how it should go on. I was doing it wrong. I am afraid to take it off though, may not get it to work again. But, like u said it should get easier. Thanks Again! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Gray SE Versa. I contacted customer service regarding the fact that after about a month of wear, the band is snagged and pilling. I was informed that the Versa SE band should not be worn for workouts, in the water, or while sleeping. I was wearing it with my office job and sleeping (not workouts or in the water) and a replacement band was refused since a band that looks horrible after a month is to be expected. I'm so disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How does the Versa band on the SE compare to the band on the regular Versa? My question is in regards to wearing the woven band during exercise and it gets wet from sweat. Does it get uncomfortable and how do you clean the strap?

Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit's advice for care and cleaning on the woven bands is:

• Wipe down the band with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth. If needed, you can hand wash the band in cold water with mild soap, making sure to rinse thoroughly.
  • Let the band air dry. Direct sunlight, high temperatures and humid conditions can cause discoloration or damage over time.
  • The materials used in these accessories are intended to be worn during normal daily activity. They are not intended to be worn during high-intensity workouts or sleep, which could affect the overall appearance and quality of the accessory is maintained.
  • To minimize discoloration and damage to these bands, limit exposure to moisture and substances like perfume, insect repellent, oil, lotion or dyed materials like denim.

taken from: www.fitbit.com/productcare

On their advice I have avoided getting mine too wet from sweat and so far it's looking as new.

Best Answer

Thank you SteveH!

So I assume that you switch bands between wearing the watch normally and a separate band for your workouts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, the SE version includes a standard elastomer band that's more suited to sweaty workouts. Not a great issue for me as they are few and far between!

Best Answer
0 Votes

switching bands is a nightmare on Versa.Its very clumsy mechanism.

wish they came up with a better idea then the pin idea. (its cheap from manufacturing point of view but not very user friendly)

It takes good 10 minutes to do it.... 

(Not something that you would want to do it very often)

Best Answer

Ive just been informed by fitbit customer services that the woven band is not intended to be used during exercise or sleep!!!

Can someone tell me what purpose it does serve? Seems we are supposed to swap straps for bed and exercise...... what absolute nonsense.

'Keep in mind that the Special Edition woven bands are not intended to be worn during high-intensity workouts or sleep, which could affect the overall appearance and quality of the band. To best preserve your woven band, that is why we recommend switching to the classic (silicone or TPU) band when working out or engaging in water-based activities.'

Best Answer
0 Votes