Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step counting - cycling/paddling/swimming/driving, where is the option to turn it off.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As far as I can tell there is no ability to turn off step counting during certain activities.    Is this indeed the case?  I bought this Versa smart watch and want the ability to control  when it's counting steps or not.  I would have guessed this would be option in predefined exercise modes, an option overall, or a hybrid.

Does anyone know how to do this on the Versa or when this option may become available.  It would be highly useful in numerous situations.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

It's not an option at the moment.

I've had a quick look through the feature suggestions and there are a few that suggest something similar. This one seems closest (although it was originally intended for the One) and you may want to vote for it: 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Add-quot-Driving-Mode-quot-Feature-to-avoid-erro...

As for timescales - it's impossible to say. We can put suggestions to fitbit and the more votes they get the more they are likely to be noticed but it's up to fitbit whether they make the change or not.

Best Answer