Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still counting steps while cycling

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Versa still counts steps when I am cycling (almost 2500 steps for 30 minutes of cycling. Furthermore, I would also walk about 8 stairs. It looks strange to me that he will counts steps while I keep my arm alsmost still while cycling.

Does someone else also experienced these problems / inaccuracies.
Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Do you actually start the Bike exercise? If not, and if you are going slow enough, it will count it as steps.

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta
Best Answer

I don't start the bike exercise, but my average cycling speed is 25 km/h. Not really a walking space I think.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also see odd behavior. Steps and over 100 stairs climbed during a 40km motorbike ride. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ben_trovato and @Sas77 I would recommend you do a restart by holding the left and bottom right buttons until you see the Fitbit logo. If that doesn't work, do a factory reset.

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta
Best Answer
Best Answer

Factory reset did not make any difference. This is the conversation I had with Fitbit support. Initially they tried to say the cycling acitivity did not track steps, then they told me it was doing this by design as it's more accurate that way, then they told me it was with the technical team awaiting a resolution. Have been a Fitbit devotee for 4+ years and am heading out as this is a major flaw and 6 months after release they do not seem any closer to a resolution. They seem almost to be trying to sweep the issue under the carpet to me!

Anybody interested can see my chat here : Fitbit Support Chat

Best Answer
0 Votes