Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swimming with Versa....have you? Can you?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone used versa whilst swimming? Seeing some mixed and confusing messages online. The sales plus is water resitstant for up to 50meters but fitbit moderators saying this is water resistant not waterproof and not to use it whilst swimming?? I would love to use it and want to make sure i wont ruin it. Is it a marketing plug or has anyone tried and tested? No smart arse answers just helpful please thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
88 REPLIES 88

Yeah, I know what you’re saying. But 50 meters is like 100 something feet and that’s pretty deep lol. So I dunno why they state it as “water-resistant” instead of “waterproof”. I haven’t tested mine yet. I read some people have swam with it in the pool and had no problems. I’ll say test it now so you’re within the 1 year warranty if anything happens. 

Best Answer

Good idea...will try it with showers and swimming and feedback!

Best Answer

My wife used mine for a 5k swimathon on Sunday. No issues at all. Logged all to the exact lap. _IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Best Answer

I haven't done it with my Ionic yet, but apparently it's water-resistant up to 50 meters.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

I swim with mine every day, including ocassional dives from the block . 

KC | Texas
One, Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa | Galaxy S9 Plus
Best Answer

Good to hear. I just got my Versa for the purpose of tracking my swims and started getting worried. I'm going to use it and check back. 

Best Answer

i have been going in my pool daily a few times a day

i shower with my versa.

i only take it off to charge it.

it works great..

i am sure on the amount of watch they sold, some are bad.. 

but you are safe to swim with it.. 

Best Answer

Hi, just curious to know how it has been working for you. Have you been swimming with it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Everyday since i have had it

actually i lie. i think i skipped a couple of days since i got it.. about a
month ago..

love it.
Best Answer

HI, does it count strokes?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I swim with It twice a week and it works well. If you're doing just legs though it won't count lengths properly so keep count of legs only somehow!

Best Answer

Hi, but does it count strokes or just the laps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just the laps.

KC | Texas
One, Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa | Galaxy S9 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

I went swimming Thursday and Friday it would not work. Now it is charging so I am hoping it start back working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can, just be sure to switch out the woven band for the silicon band.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

As soon as I got mine I jumped in the pool with it. It worked fine and I swim 3 days a week with the watch. I think it comes down to the luck of the draw. I've not had a problem, but I realize others have a different experience. I think some people just get ones with bad seals. 

Best Answer

I have used it while showering and swimming (Leisurely) while I have had mine (1.5months). I tend to take it off now when I shower as the screen tends to go crazy when the water droplets hit it. Otherwise, I have had no issues. 

Best Answer

Does the calories burned while swimming make sense? I have a new charge 3 and the calories burned are down to less than 1/3 compared with my old flex 2....doesn’t make sense.  Wondering if I should return my charge 3 and get a versa or go back to my flex2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it counts calories and lap but mine stop working after a few days of swimming.. I still love my versa I just don’t swim in it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes