Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync issue between Samsung S8 and Versa "Workaround"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well, lots of things were said about sync issue of Versa. My observations:

- From time to time Versa cannot finish/start sync with your Samsung S8 no matter how many times you try

- For me this happens when I put Versa to charge and then get it back to my wrist, but I think it is rather related to having your Bluetooth connection broken for some reason between your phone and Versa (note: if connection broken due to your phone battery drained out and phone restarted you will not notice the issue)

What I found to not help so far:

- switching Bluetooth on and off on your phone

- closing Fitbit or even all apps and starting Fitbit app again

- switching into airplain mode on your phone and returning back to normal mode

What I found to help:

- go to Settings

- Apps on your phone

- choose 3 vertical dots menu in top right corner and tap on "Show system apps"

- scroll down and find "Bluetooth" app - tap on it and Force Stop it (maybe several times)

- be patient as it may take a minute or to for bluetooth stack to come back up

- relaunch yout Fitbit app - Versa should sync now

Note: Versa is connected when you see its icon with Green radio indicator (if it is blinking grey it means Versa is being searched for, if it is stable grey I guess it means that there is no connection and no searching.looking is happening - correct me if I'm wrong)

Will be glad to hear it this route helps you to restore connection between your Versa and Samsung S8 phone. Restarting your phone should also help as it restarts BT stack for sure.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you so much for this!  After not syncing for 3 days with my S8, I was FINALLY able to get it to sync!  

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Hey @iSashaUS, a warm welcome to the Community.

I really appreciate all of these tips you provided, I know that a lot people will find your post really helpful. If you need anything, do not hesitate to post it and I hope you receive good feedback regarding this troubleshoot steps.

Keep the stepping up! Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you so much for this!  After not syncing for 3 days with my S8, I was FINALLY able to get it to sync!  

Best Answer

None of this worked for me but another thread suggested uninstalling the fitbit app and reinstalling it and my versa synced immediately. thank god because i was starting to get so frustrated i was thinking about switching brands...

Best Answer

What worked for me.

I have had this problem ongoing and tried all the suggestions ie delete app and reinstall.....etc and any other  advice I could find on the web and nothing solves the problem.

Have two people in the household both have the same sync issues.

Samsung S8+

Samsung S7

This device sucks - do not buy this it's a waste of time and money

Best Answer

@JacquieDi Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I'm so glad to hear that you managed to resolve the syncing issue that your Versa experienced. Thank you for posting the update here.

@Vicky1 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Versa and family members trackers are experiencing syncing issues also. I would like to help and turn this bad experience into a good experience.

Please let me know what troubleshooting steps you have tried besides the tips that were shared above. This will help me to avoid assisting you by providing the same workarounds that you already tried.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks JuanJo, I do appreciate you reaching out. 

I would like to fix it once and for all too as i have been a FitBit loyalist, i never had this problem with Blaze or Charge.

I do feel that the time it takes to inform FitBit Support of my actions to resolve issues is just another waste of my time. With a search of the internet you can quickly see that this problem is not unique to me and  many users are suffering from syncing issues.

The fact that the OP in this thread writes

" What I found to not help so far:

- switching Bluetooth on and off on your phone

- closing Fitbit or even all apps and starting Fitbit app again

- switching into airplain mode on your phone and returning back to normal mode"

And then goes on to explain a detailed series of steps to correct the problem including closing system applications should be enough for any anyone to realise that the product is not reliable.

Users should not have to close down system applications to make hardware work and more so - when it has already been working, that's clearly a failure to deliver what was promised the product would do. 

All that being said, it can and does all of a sudden sync - but this is haphazard and unpredictable. A times I can look at my phone and see that  it hasn't synced for 4 days, then on another day it can be 2 days or 20 min ago. To correct it i try to Sync now and it doesn't resolve, this triggers lots of internet searching and troubleshooting in  an attempt to resolve and all of those steps do not work for me.

I have tried all that was written above  ie "Bluetooth" app - tap on it and Force Stop". and also resetting my fitbit, deleting the app off my phone, changing all day sync, deleting the synced Bluetooth device reinstalling and it always ends up with the same unreliable syncing outcome. 

Best Answer

@Vicky1 Thank you for getting back! I totally understand your frustration about this issue and I appreciate your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to troubleshooting this issue as recommended above. Due to this, I'll forward your case to our Support team and they'll be happy to follow up and provide a solution.

You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried everything mentioned here, and still I find every time my Versa battery dies it doesn't sync with my S8 no matter what I try, then after a couple of days it will suddenly sync. Not impressed at all.

Best Answer

@Raybo1 Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Versa is still not syncing that the battery drains quickly even though you have tried all the troubleshooting steps listed above. Due to this, I'll send your case to our Support team and they will contact you via email soon.

Let me know if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a really frustrating issue and really disappointing that it's still happening.

I have Samsung S8 and Versa and syncing us very intermittent despite following all troubleshooting steps.

Best Answer

@NickWIlson It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Versa is not syncing your data constantly as it should. Please let me know if you get any error message when your Versa has a hard time syncing your data. Also, let me know what troubleshooting steps you've tried since this will help me to assist you accordingly. Finally, make sure that your phone has the most recent app version.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issues with Versa and my Samsung 8 plus phone. I have fought this since I bought it in May 2018. I’ve factory reset so many times only to have it sync for a day or two then same old, same old. I’ve been working with Fitbit Customer Service for several weeks now. You shouldn’t have to do all this to get it to sync. Clearly there is an issue that Fitbit needs to address and correct or refund the price paid. If all I wanted was a fitness tracker I could have paid much less money.

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem!  I get so frustrated trying to get my Versa (bought it in November 2018) to my S8+!  I feel like I waste WAY too much time trying to get everything synced up. 

I loved my Charge 2 but felt it was time for an upgrade.  Now I'm wondering if I need to give up on Fitbit altogether, if I just got a crappy Versa, or if I should try a different model... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve wasted hours upon hours jumping through all the hoops Fitbit techs have asked me to do. They try to make you think it’s your phone, but too many people have the same issues. I paid $200 for a glorified tracker. Of course Fitbit won’t refund my money since I didn’t purchase directly from them.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with most of the folks here.  This problem between Fitbit and Samsung has been on for YEARS!!  I was hoping that going from my Blaze to the Versa it would be better but another $200+ down the tubes.  I guess I'll give up some of the bells and whistles I like and go to a Samsung watch next.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just bought the new Samsung Active watch. Love it and no syncing issues.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues. My fitbit isn't syncing to my samsung s8. I get a message that says connectivity issues and I restart my bluetooth but it doesn't help. I have reinstalled the app, unpaired the device, deleted the device and set it up again, tried the force stop on the bluetooth. Now my phone and versa won't connect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the 4th straight day I had to reboot my Samsung S8 to sync with my Versa, but today it still isn't syncing up, it still show last sync yesterday at 4:44 am.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They did an update to the app about a month ago and it's been flawless since then.  Go to the Play Store, hit the pancake stack (top left), choose "My apps" and update all.  Shut the phone down when they're done and restart.

John Curran
jcurran516@aol.com
Best Answer
0 Votes