Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer music to versa takes a long time.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi anyone could help. I having issue transfer music to my versa, it took very long time and it will keep struck at transferring the music at some point in time. How to solve the issue? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

Hi @SunsetRunner Are you still stuck during the process of transferring music? If yes, I will need a bit more information to help you resolve the issues. Are you trying to transfer music from a computer or Pandora? 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

Hi there, 

I am Transferring music from my window 10 using the fitbit window apps to my watch. However whenever I left the watch and laptop to idle the transfer will stop after a while. So far I am only manage to transfer over my Playlist of 20 songs out of 40

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a similar issue when I left my PC hibernate. I found by not letting that happen, music transfer continued until finished. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

Using iTunes wasn’t much better 

it took 4 hours to transfer 61 songs. It kept dropping out of the wifi connection. The process isn’t as easy as it should be. So far not impressed 

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. @Paula77, it's nice to see you around, I hope you're having a great day. It's always nice to see you @MarciM, thanks for all your help and your findings. Smiley Happy

@Paula77 and @SunsetRunner, I appreciate you've taken the time to bring this issue to my attention and for letting me know what you've tried in order to try to resolve this situation. At this moment I would like to ask you to check @ErickFitbit's useful post about how to transfer personal music from your computer to your watch, where he has listed requirements and basic troubleshooting for this situation. Please note that even though this is an Ionic post, it also applies to the Versa as both of them run the same version of FitbitOS.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I can't get the Fitbit versa to maintain a wifi connection sometimes and the Windows 10 is stuck on searching for your device. This is so annoying. I have been at this for over 9hours 

Best Answer

Yes, the music aspect of this otherwise neat device seems super clumsily handled.

Best Answer

I can maintain a connection and my PC isn't about to hibernate. I've even hooked up the Versa directly to the PC. What I do notice is that although the charger is able to charge the Versa, there is no mechanism to directly load audio files onto the Versa. I can only do this via the desktop app of which the process is onerously slow after jumping through a few hoops. 

If this is to encourage Versa users to pay for streaming services like Deezer, this is not a good strategy. If it is a genuine firmware issue, please fix it ASAP. I do not subscribe to streaming services and Fitbit has advertised that the uploading of music files to Versa to be straightforward and easy. It isn't.

Best Answer

Hello @Onotseike, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great t have you on board. It's nice to see you around @LostScientist42 and @Wytefang, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you've taken the time to share your experience and feedback. Our team is working on different ways to improve this feature to make it much intuitive. 

@Onotseike, would it be possible for you to reply to me with screenshots of any error messages you're getting or where does the music transfer gets stuck? That will help me to check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else you might want to add or if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

It's not just the lack of intuitiveness, it's also the rate of uploading songs to the Versa. When I say slow, I mean that it has taken 7 hours to upload 5 hours and 38 minutes of audio files. I have my Versa directly plugged into my PC. This isn't reasonable or practicable. It is definitely a design flaw that needs to be rectified. Even other devices including smartphones and e-readers allow users to directly add files to them as if they were secondary storage devices and it is done so at much faster speeds.

Best Answer

I am trying to get my music to transfer too and Windows 10 keeps searching for my device.  Has anyone been successful at getting their music downloaded?

Best Answer

Yup. Be prepared to be without your fitbit for several hours.

I'm on a Windows 10 machine and downloaded the desktop app. I created my playlists first.

Then the next thing I did was head into the app on my phone to make sure that the WiFi was indeed connected to the Versa. Then I opened the Music app on the Versa.

My next step was to head back to the desktop app to begin the transfer of music. When the instruction came up to hit Transfer Music on the Versa, that's when I tapped the Versa.

Then I switched back to using my Fitbit Alta to monitor my activity because it took 9 hours to sync 9 hours of audio. I suspect the transfer was taking place through a Bluetooth connection and not actually WiFi.

Some tips...

PC and Versa need to be on the same network and correct frequency. 2.4GHz worked for me. Things failed miserably on 5GHz so check your local network settings or find someone in the house who can do this or consult Youtube.

Be prepared to swear a lot. Fair warning to anyone with a swear jar collection going. Seriously.

I also paired my Versa with the PC as well via Bluetooth settings on the PC because I found the desktop app to be flaky.

During the transfer I did occasionally see a warning of "Connection with device lost" from the desktop app. I just cancelled it instead of starting all over to look for the Versa as the transfer of music was still happening despite that warning.

Best Answer

Hello @clamartin56, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around @LostScientist42, thanks for your insight and help with this situation. Smiley Happy

@clamartin56, have you checked and tried the instructions provided by @ErickFitbit on his very useful post? In here you will be able to find several troubleshooting steps that might apply for the issue you're experiencing. Please note that even when the post is about Ionic, the same principles apply for the Fitbit Versa. 

Please give those steps a try and if after trying them you're still having trouble transferring music to your Versa, please let me know, I'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

Best Answer

Do you know if they will have spotify added soon as a choice of app for the versa? I went back and forth for a while to debate if I should get the fitbit versa or new apple watch....now I'm starting to wonder if I made the right decision. The music situation is absolutely horrible and this is my first time using fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @newversa, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

This is an excellent question. Please note that Spotify is not yet supported, only Deezer and Pandora, however our Community has been very passionate about including support for this app, which is why I would like to suggest you to check @erinleigh417's suggested idea to implement this app in a future update. Feel free to add your vote and comment on this idea, this is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

I wondered whether anyone know hw no it takes to transfer music using Fitbit connect app on a MacBook. So far it’s taking a very long long time. If I connect the lead to my MacBook will it transfer the music faster?  Estimated transfer time keeps changing at first it said 30 mins then it said 2hrs now it flips between 50 and 45 mins. My internet is strong so it’s not that.  Any advice will be great 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lexi83 

I transferred 92 songs from my Mac to my Versa which took 1 hour with the Versa sat next to the router. This was a total of 675 Mega Bytes, so 675 x 8 is 5,400 Mega bits, 60 minutes is 3600 seconds so data transfer rate was 1.5 Mega bits a second.

The limiting factor here is the Fitbit Versa either its wifi speed, processor speed or storage write speed its certainly not my Mac or router, I can transfer the same data in under a minute to another device on my network. 

The Versa is using WiFi I don't believe it uses the USB connection for data.

Best Answer

finally have transferred 64 songs it took and 90 mins to transfer which I think it’s really long and now I’m trying to transfer another 19 songs (album worth) I feel like it’s taking longer😅.  I think Fitbit really need to look into this feature it takes far too long transferring music and it should be a lot easier to do it too. 

@TempestFire thanx for your insight. I think I might sit near my router too. I guess all I can do now is wait I guess

Best Answer

I transferred 310 songs (which, more importantly is the overall amount of data, which was roughly 1.8GB worth), and it took about 2 hours. One thing I did discover though, is don't "go do something else on that computer" while the transfer is occurring. I started transferring music, and saw that the estimated time to transfer was roughly 2 hours, so I thought I'd fire up a movie...on the same PC. Watched part of that movie, and went back to the Fitbit app, and the transfer had paused right at the point where I loaded a movie. Once I went back to the Fitbit app, the transfer picked up where it left off.

So, set up your transfer, and let that computer be until complete. Compared to "modern PC/phone" stuff, 2 hours to transfer 2GB sounds like a long time. But, for day in and day out use, Versa doesn't really need much WiFi speed. So that's probably why they went with such a low end chip. Yeah, it "hurts" with bigger transfers, but how often will transfers of this size take place? Probably not very often. For most people, I bet that once they transfer a large amount of songs, it will be quite a while before they transfer a large amount again. Maybe a song here or a song there, but probably not a large amount at one time.

Best Answer