Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to control Music in my Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello!

I need help with being able to control the music playing from my S8+ using the Versa. I teach fitness classes and have always used the blaze to control the music being played from my phone. I've connected both to Bluetooth. I used the music setting on the fit bit and put it on the phone Icon. Any other suggestions as to what I could be doing wrong? Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello there @Cjack875, awesome to have you around in the Fitbit Community! I saw you are not able to use Music control with your Galaxy S8+.

I don't see that you are doing something wrong here, so I would like to recommend to review our help article: Why can't I control music on my phone with my Fitbit device?

Give it a try. Hope this helps!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thanks for the link. I had the same problem in setting up music control. How ever I had been having a few problems with losing Bluetooth connection an not recieving notifications, calls since the resent update on the app a few days ago and after reading a few help tips on a facebook group, I reset my watch last night an tonight tried again with the music control set up and it worked! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also a fitness instructor & I was having the same issue with my Galaxy S8 +.  I started a chat with support, and the agent helped me resolve the issue in less than 5 minutes.   Here's what we had to do.  from your main clock screen, swipe left until you get to the settings app.  Click on settings, scroll down to bluetooth, tap until you see "pair".  Go to your phone's bluetooth area in settings and tap bluetooth.  Make sure bluetooth is on and your phone is visible to nearby devices.  You'll need to make sure you're paired to "Versa Classic" to be able to control music.  My phone shows it's paired to both "versa" and "versa Classic".  I'm not certain if it's necessary to be connected to both, but I am just in case.  Once you're paired with Versa Classic, open your music app on your phone and start playing a song to test it out.  Press and hold the button on the left hand side of your versa and you should see the song that's playing, and the control buttons, including volume.  If that doesn't work for you, I recommend contacting customer service.  They were very helpful and it was a quick process. Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes