Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Notifications on Versa.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In my Fitbit Versa, notification service is not running..how do i set it up..I have tried many times to enable it..but it's not happening..please anyone help me ??

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@rachitV123 Does this error message persists even after rebooting the phone? Does it ever disappear?

A few ideas:

1. Make sure Fitbit mobile app is not being optimized by Android. Go to your phone's battery settings and disable battery optimization for Fitbit app.

2. Lock Fitbit mobile app in the background, so it doesn't get killed by Android. Please take a look at this link.

3. In the Fitbit mobile app, tap on Versa icon in the top right corner, and scroll down to Keep Alive Widget. Enable it. Also, enable always connected.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

@rachitV123 you mean in the Fitbit mobile app on your phone? Is that an error message yourey getting? If yes, just reboot your phone.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
I have reboot so many times..but this is not happening..I have enabled
"notification on" from my mobile..but notification is not coming in my
Fitbit Versa
Best Answer
0 Votes

@rachitV123 so you're not getting any error messages on your phone like "notification service not running..."? What phone model and OS do you use?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
I have been getting error msg from yesterday when I bought Fitbit..
I am sending a photo just now..just wait for a second..
Best Answer
0 Votes

@rachitV123 you will need to attach the pic in the post using a web browser. Also, please share phone model and OS (Android, iOS, etc)

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

I'm using Android ( MI phone)I'm using Android ( MI phone)

Screenshot_2018-11-21-11-08-03-567_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.png

I'm using Android phone with miui 10 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rachitV123 Does this error message persists even after rebooting the phone? Does it ever disappear?

A few ideas:

1. Make sure Fitbit mobile app is not being optimized by Android. Go to your phone's battery settings and disable battery optimization for Fitbit app.

2. Lock Fitbit mobile app in the background, so it doesn't get killed by Android. Please take a look at this link.

3. In the Fitbit mobile app, tap on Versa icon in the top right corner, and scroll down to Keep Alive Widget. Enable it. Also, enable always connected.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Thank you so much😊

Best Answer

@rachitV123 you're welcome! Enjoy your versa. 😊

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
Thankyou so much..😊
Best Answer

I am using my fitbit versa in redmi note 4 but not getting any notifications instead getting the same message again again to restart my phone ...any helps ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there I can’t receive notifications on my iPhone 7ios12.1. Fitbit support can’t help me even though I have been contacting them weekly for 2 months. I have tried everything Marrrmaduke has suggested over and over again but still doesn’t work and Fitbit won’t exchange for a new one

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried the steps you suggest but the problem still persists. The error message "Notification service not running..." is always there. My phone is a redmi note 5 pro with MIUI 10.0.4.0

Best Answer

@waqar_ws try uninstalling and re-installing fitbit mobile app with a reboot of your phone in-between. Also, make sure that Fitbit mobile app can run in the background (Go to your phone's Settings>Apps>Fitbit>Battery and make sure Background Activity is toggled ON). If all fails, I recommend all the steps mentioned in my earlier post plus downgrading Fitbit mobile app to version 2.74. You can find it on the internet.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

@Abhay_Dubey I merged your post with this thread. Please check it out for answers to your question.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Since the last MIUI 10.2.1 update v2.84 of the Fitbit app seems to work properly with my Versa. I'm getting consistent notifications and no notification server errors. 🤞 

I've got the app locked, granted all permissions and set battery saver to 'no restrictions'

I've got a Redmi Note 5. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mamamegs I'm glad! 👍🏻😊

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution works for my Versa and Pocophone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndreScholten Awesome! 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes