Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.1 - Versa Firmware Release (32.32.10.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Versa users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.32.10.15) I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your Versa to OS 2.1.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. Please complete this update so that you're prepared for the next release. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Versa unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. We're looking forward to bringing you all the next Fitbit OS update! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update 05/11/2018: We have released Fitbit OS 2.1 to 100% of Versa users (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15).

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Versa users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Versa users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW

Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

WHAT’S FIXED

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here.

I recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
842 REPLIES 842

@AlessFitbit what % are you guys at now for the update?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will the update roll out to everyone, and most importantly, wil it fix the "connected gps" issue? Because honestly, my charge2 did this flawlesly. Too bad it stopped working after 3 months, luckily the reseller just reimbursed the product while fitbit support was utterly useless.

Against my better judgement I went for the fitbit versa, 2 days ago, and I'm already regretting it. Tracking my runs is the main reason why I wear this, so I just blew 200EURO on a device that doesn't do the one thing I need it to do.

Please let us know when the update will roll out and if it fixes the connection drops the Versa is currently experiencing, because my patience is wearing thin and the Garmin devices are looking more and more attractive every day...

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer

The percentage of those getting the firmware update will probably depend on how many problems are found by those that have it. If there are new issues I would guess the rollout will be delayed until those issues are corrected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened last night with my Versa. That screen only shows up when I try to restart it. Other than...nothing. Doesn’t turn on. Synced it last night when I got home and then it wouldn’t turn on. Trying to contact Fitbit and can’t exchange. Store is out of stock. 

6A2A722F-7A79-4303-9BA4-F370273A377E.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got the update when it first came out. 2 days now after a recharge and battery is at 51%, an improvement though maybe not as much as I hoped. To the bad, can't connect to my home network (to be fair was flakey in the prev firmware also), Bluetooth on phone says not connected but in settings it's paired. Syncs fine with app on my desktop and syncs with phone though might be syncing through the desktop Bluetooth.. testing to continue. Notifications no longer work, test phone call fails. 

Sleep tracking: just as bad as prev firmware.

Steps: no change I can see.

Floors: 2 days and no false floors... we shall see.

Also it lost my cards in my wallet. How embarrassing, Today I went to use wallet to pay for my groceries and said no cards were set up and of course didn't have my card on me.

Although my phone is not on the compatible list (Xiaomi Mi A1 running AndroidOne 8.0), I don't want to return it 'cause I don't want to go back to my Garmin, while a bit more accurate in sleep at times it suffers many of the maladies of the Versa. I do like the Versa and it has promise if Fitbit can fix the broken stuff. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no update.....My friend just got her update and she was able to set up the period tracker already.....sigh**** waiting patiently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Myrdhinn what garmin did you come from?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@StarkRaven wrote:

The percentage of those getting the firmware update will probably depend on how many problems are found by those that have it. If there are new issues I would guess the rollout will be delayed until those issues are corrected.

It is unlikely they would delay/halt the full rollout unless a showstopping defect is found for a large percentage of users, like if the update were to brick everyone's watches.  If new issues are discovered during this rollout they will most likely add them to the development backlog and prioritize them for the next update release.  That's just how software development works.

Best Answer

@StarkRaven wrote:

With firmware 32.32.10.15 and Android app 2.71 installed the notifications on my Moto G are finally working now for several days (after doing a factory reset and reapplying the firmware a second time). I have other issues, but that much is better than before.

The only issues I am still seeing after the update are;

- my Versa no longer links with the phone GPS (this worked 90% of the time before the update and 0% now).

- also still getting hundreds of extra steps added when I drive to work (I am having to use the TravelBit app to correct)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SemSquared wrote:

@Myrdhinn what garmin did you come from?

Garmin Vivosmart 3

Best Answer

@meresydotes  @AlessFitbit

I unpaired and forgot the versa bluetooth connection, removed versa from my fitbit app, restored the versa to factory, and then set it all back up again.  When the app found the versa it updated it.  It now has 32.32.10.20 (not .15).  I can confirm that Exercise Customized Stats now save perfectly!

Best Answer

@st3phan3y so is this a way to force the update? Anyone else want to give this a whirl? 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine updated to 32.32.10.20.  Not sure whats different but it seems to work well. 

Best Answer

And the frustration mounts!!!! Tried setting the Versa up on my old Windows Phone... no problem, pairs, sees wifi, and I get notifications. So before the Versa updates of firmware/app my android phone worked, now it's not seen on the phone in Bluetooth, nor can the app find my wifi network or any network for that matter, even if the phone wifi settings see all in my apt building. What a joke this is.

Best Answer

Hi, everyone! I know you're all excited to download the latest Fitbit OS 2.1

We are still slowly releasing this update to ensure it runs smoothly. Your patience during this time is greatly appreciated. We will keep you all updated here in this thread of any changes. Once the update is available for download, you'll see the banner in the Fitbit app prompting you to complete the update.

To complete the update, I recommend using Wifi over Bluetooth for a faster download. There were many improvements and bug fixes included in this update, so for many of the issues being mentioned here, I recommend waiting to update and test it out. 

I'll make sure to relay everyone's feedback on how our rollout schedule works. I don't have any additional information to share at this time, but we will provide any updates here in this thread. 

@Jayelo I'm sorry to see you experienced some issues with the display on your Versa. I confirmed with our Customer Support team that they are working with you to find a resolution. Thanks for your cooperation! 

@Ver0B8519 Thanks for your interest in Female health tracking! We started rolling out this feature to iOS and Windows users this week. It is coming soon to Android! Please read more about it in my post on the Female Health tracking board. 

@st3phan3y Thanks so much for your confirmation! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Oh you really have to do to get the update as do a force reset on your
Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

So, what, delete the device and then re-pair it? Will I lose my settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes
You will. Just sync it to your Fitbit app and then do it I just reset
everything up because it wasn't worth waiting for me I was getting pissed.
But I didn't lose any steps or any of that kind of data just my
applications which I quickly just reinstalled
Best Answer

Cool, thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DEWEYHIDALGO, please report back if this works for force updating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes