Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.1 - Versa Firmware Release (32.32.10.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Versa users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.32.10.15) I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your Versa to OS 2.1.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. Please complete this update so that you're prepared for the next release. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Versa unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. We're looking forward to bringing you all the next Fitbit OS update! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update 05/11/2018: We have released Fitbit OS 2.1 to 100% of Versa users (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15).

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Versa users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Versa users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW

Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

WHAT’S FIXED

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here.

I recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
842 REPLIES 842

what are the bugs fixed and improvements?

Best Answer

Very impressed so far! Notifications appear to be working as well as any other brand I've used. Hopefully you've also sorted the reliability issues, I guess only time will tell... For now I'm getting notifications as fast as they are coming into my phone, and now with the ability to reply/delete/clear (including the phone notification at last!).

One thing I didn't like - when deleting an email from the notifications list, it takes a moment to actually delete it from my phone, so the watch notification doesn't disappear immediately. Instead it returns me to the list, but the one I tried to delete is still there. At first I thought it had failed, so kept trying to delete it. What should happen is that the watch notification disappears from my phone when I press delete, that way I know it's been dealt with.

Other than that, it's all good - thanks!!

Best Answer

Just received this update in the morning 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Checked this morning...Took off charger 0 steps BUT after charging all night its at 99% which is ODD

Best Answer
Where exactly do you see the update? Nothing here so far
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@anmanwar wrote:
Where exactly do you see the update? Nothing here so far

You will see a pink Update button when you log into the app:

“Verify that the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone or tablet.
With your charged watch or tracker nearby, open the Fitbit app.
Tap or click the Account icon (User-added image) > your device image.
Tap or click the pink Update button. You'll only see an option to update your device if an update is available.
Follow the on-screen instructions and keep the device close to your phone, tablet, or computer during the update. Note that updates may take up to an hour to complete. If the update is slow, don't remove your device from your account as a troubleshooting measure.
If the update process won't start or if it starts and then stops, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?”

Best Answer

Thanks for the update. This kind of information is very helpful. Can you guys update us on your region so I can have an idea of how quickly this update is exactly rolling out? I've had mine since release day and no update yet. My fitbit is still stuck on 32.32.4.19 firmware. I have the most updated Android app 2.71 on my Note 8.

Currently visiting in UK and purchased from Amazon UK - worked out in my favor because I wanted the black version with fitbit pay (absolutely love NFC  payments); got myself a black milanese magnetic band on Amazon UK (my favorite type of band). I rotate between my Samsung S3 Classic (Tizen OS), Pebble Time Steel (Pebble OS), and Ticwatch E (Wear OS). Battery life from best to worst: 1) Pebble 2) Versa 3) S3 4) Ticwatch. The Versa is my favorite so far, but definitely needs quick replies and more development. Nothing has come close to beating Pebble so far, unfortunately. 

Best Answer
Updates are being released in batches. So don't worry all will eventually
get them. Update alert is flashed as soon as you open the app. Click on it
and keep your versa nearby to sync and download will be completed in 10 to
15 mins.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't see that so update didn't come through yet
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had an app update this morning but no firmware update. I’m going to find out how to send mine back today. My window to return is closing 

Best Answer

I received my update this morning it went smooth. One new thing I've noticed is that clearing a notification from my Versa now clears the notification on my phone. I don't really like this as I may forget about a notification if it's no longer on my phone (Android). I haven't tried smart replies yet, I don't really see a need.

Hopefully the update fixes some issues the Versa has in keeping track of heart rate while working out. I get wild readings from 90BMP during intense activity to over 150BPM when resting. I wish I could count on the accuracy more when working out.

Best Answer

Howdy,

only 5 autoreplies are not enough, please add at least 15/20 please 😕

Pol

photo_2018-05-04_15-56-22.jpg

Best Answer

Mines stuck on the green icon / logo after the update. It’s still tracking steps and buzzing to notify me. 

But how do I get the watch face back to normal? 

Best Answer

I have been trying for hours to update my Versa.  I keep getting the update "failed" message.  I have restarted my versa, phone, app, and tried using both Wifi and bluetooth.  What's the problem?

Best Answer

Hi @so8sk My Fitbit is just displaying the green fit bit logo - no watch face after the update. Any ideas on how to fix? 

Best Answer

try to reboot it

Best Answer

@Gadams99 wrote:

I had an app update this morning but no firmware update. I’m going to find out how to send mine back today. My window to return is closing 

If I were you I would either get the Ionic or see if you can get a different versa. I guess you could return the versa and just reorder from somewhere else. I wouldnt give up hope because many people including my wife and I have zero issues and I have the Ionic and she has the Versa. 

Best Answer

@VMDoug wrote:

I received my update this morning it went smooth. One new thing I've noticed is that clearing a notification from my Versa now clears the notification on my phone. I don't really like this as I may forget about a notification if it's no longer on my phone (Android). I haven't tried smart replies yet, I don't really see a need.

Hopefully the update fixes some issues the Versa has in keeping track of heart rate while working out. I get wild readings from 90BMP during intense activity to over 150BPM when resting. I wish I could count on the accuracy more when working out.

If you think the Versa has HR tracking problems you should see how the apple watch 3 performs. It is horrible. Not only that the apple watch 3 only takes snapshots of your HR every few minutes instead of every 5 sec like the fitbits do. 

Best Answer

@Jayelo @calumthomas @Gadams99 @geepondy @cactusjack @meresydotes @dio22 If our release notes state "This release includes other bug fixes and improvements" it generally means that all fixes were backend fixes that have no customer-facing impact. If there will be customer-facing impact we will make sure to outline it in the release notes. Hope this helps clarify.

@calumthomas @anmanwar "We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Versa users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Versa users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed."

@wtchambers @Gurubit Thanks for sharing those updates and helping everyone out.

@alicialogic @Jujube289 @KTBEE @so8sk I recommend restarting the Versa and then attempting the firmware update once again. Let me know how that goes.

@Jujube289 It also looks like you aren't updated to the latest firmware. Hopefully, you're able to complete a sync and get it updated soon. Keep me updated.

@Jamaicangirl81 @Gurubit I'm glad you were able to successfully complete the update! When you get a chance let me know what you think of it so far.

@Baysidefish Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired with an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

@Gadams99 @KerriLF There have been no changes to Sleep Stages but if you're experiencing issues with tracking your sleep, I recommend giving the suggestions provided here a try.

@r1skbreak3r Great news! Happy to hear that your quick replies notifications are coming in and sending out as expected. I will pass along the feedback about the email notifications you shared. Thanks for sharing your experience! Robot Happy

@VMDoug @Pol_Hallen Thanks for confirming that your update went smooth. I will make sure to pass your feedback along.

@Pol_Hallen I suggest searching for an existing idea or creating a new one in our Feature Suggestion board for this ask.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer