Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.1 - Versa Firmware Release (32.32.10.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Versa users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.32.10.15) I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your Versa to OS 2.1.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. Please complete this update so that you're prepared for the next release. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Versa unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. We're looking forward to bringing you all the next Fitbit OS update! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update 05/11/2018: We have released Fitbit OS 2.1 to 100% of Versa users (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15).

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Versa users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Versa users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW

Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

WHAT’S FIXED

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here.

I recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
842 REPLIES 842

@ErickFitbit So you're telling me that I'll have to wait even longer (until the next firmware update, which is likely months away) for a fix to a problem that people have been complaining about for months and which I was clearly told you're working on? What part of this seems to be good, or even adequate, customer support to you?

Best Answer
Since the update, my Versa touch screen is unresponsive. it tracks steps, HR etc but almost like the touch screen function has been disabled. Trying to restart it by pressing and holding the back button isn't working either. Help please
Best Answer

I just called tech support and they dont even know there's a new Versa firmware release. Instead she kept insisting that my 32.4.19 is already the latest. And when can you can roll out 32.10.15 to all customers? Restarted it a million times, and countless factory resets, till your tech support told me I got a defective Versa and should just return it.

Best Answer

Hi @ErickFitbit. Thank you for your help, my watch screen has gone back to normal! 😁

Best Answer

Just finished my update, Had to reboot my phone and place watch on charger. 15 minutes later all is in order. Eager to see improvements.

Best Answer

@meresydotes wrote:

@ErickFitbit So you're telling me that I'll have to wait even longer (until the next firmware update, which is likely months away) for a fix to a problem that people have been complaining about for months and which I was clearly told you're working on? What part of this seems to be good, or even adequate, customer support to you?

How is that even possible to have issues for months? Its only been released for 2 weeks now. 

Best Answer

Its been stated several times in this thread that it is being rolled out at a rate of 10% each day to track if that introduces more problems. You should probably get it within the next 7-10 days. 

@Jujube289 wrote:

I just called tech support and they dont even know there's a new Versa firmware release. Instead she kept insisting that my 32.4.19 is already the latest. And when can you can roll out 32.10.15 to all customers? Restarted it a million times, and countless factory resets, till your tech support told me I got a defective Versa and should just return it.

Best Answer

@blu-steel First, I'm not sure where you think I'm claiming that Versa has already had problems for months. I'm saying that this problem likely will require a firmware fix and if they don't fix it now, it will have to wait until the next, which could be months. Second, many Ionic users have had the same problem. Ionic was released last October.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so glad you mentioned this. I took my watch off last night, and did not put it in on charger. I woke up with 14,000 steps. the app says I got them but nowhere on the app does it indicate when this happened. And there is no way to delete! even if there was, its not even showing up on the history .. SO annoying!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The update rolled out just for 10% of versas, everyone should get it by the end of the month.

@wtchambers wrote:

@anmanwar wrote:
Where exactly do you see the update? Nothing here so far
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone

You will see a pink Update button when you log into the app:

“Verify that the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone or tablet.
With your charged watch or tracker nearby, open the Fitbit app.
Tap or click the Account icon (User-added image) > your device image.
Tap or click the pink Update button. You'll only see an option to update your device if an update is available.
Follow the on-screen instructions and keep the device close to your phone, tablet, or computer during the update. Note that updates may take up to an hour to complete. If the update is slow, don't remove your device from your account as a troubleshooting measure.
If the update process won't start or if it starts and then stops, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?”

Best Answer
Best Answer

@dianewordsmith wrote:

@alicialogic, I would try a restart: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186.

thanks, but I tried that several times already. It refuses to restart.. I'm trying to see if I can just wait until the battery runs down

Best Answer

There is no mention if the inaccurate heart rate problem was corrected.  But then, the notes didn't specify very much of what was actually corrected.  I will be returning the watch soon if you can't get the heart rate working reasonably.

Best Answer

I'm not on this firmware yet, but I did receive an update to the Android app last night.  Now Bluetooth consistently refuses to connect despite repeated reboots of both the phone and the watch as well as several re-pairings.  Strangely, the app says that syncs are succeeding even though the Android Bluetooth settings page shows that the watch never connects via Bluetooth.  Is it possible that this problem is related to the new app release?

Best Answer
0 Votes

P.S.: Briefly, my phone listed two Versas: one "Versa" and one "Versa (Classic)".  Now that I've re-paired, only the latter appears.

Best Answer

did some of my first text replies... kewwl! still a work in progress but i do like where fitbit is going. 

my phone is dying more to me tho.. i'll keep testing things out, but as of now.. my phone is is at 25% and it's bare;y 3p and i havent used it much... not sure if it's because of the fitibit keep trying to update/sync itself... 

i may have to tweak some settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit As stated in my post, I already did a reset of everything.... Versa, Phone, App, Bluetooth, etc.  The update STILL does not work.  It fails every single time!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you looked at these troubleshooting tips?

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2047

Best Answer

In the latest update, can we reject/answer calls on Versa (for Android devices)?

Best Answer

@Subodh_Benjamin last I heard, that feature is not available for android just iPhone users. I’m hoping Fitbit will make this available for Androids. I don’t understand why they have it for iPhones but not Android. Seems unfair since they have the iwatch also lol. 

Best Answer