Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.1 - Versa Firmware Release (32.32.10.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Versa users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.32.10.15) I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your Versa to OS 2.1.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. Please complete this update so that you're prepared for the next release. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Versa unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. We're looking forward to bringing you all the next Fitbit OS update! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update 05/11/2018: We have released Fitbit OS 2.1 to 100% of Versa users (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15).

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Versa users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Versa users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW

Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

WHAT’S FIXED

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here.

I recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
842 REPLIES 842

Hey guys,

I am sorry to hear that some of you have returned your watches. If in the future there is something we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

To address your questions, the difference in the firmware update should not do any difference in the functions of your Fitbit Versa, since it doesn't contain any new feature beside stability improvement for optimal performance.

Also, I would like to know if you have checked my previous post? If you haven't, take a look at it. Keep in mind that in order to have a successful connection between your Versa and phone, it needs to be compatible. When a phone isn't compatible, it doesn't mean that it won't work with your watch but you might experience some connectivity issues. You can always try the instructions provided but I don't guarantee it will work 100%.

Catch you later. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

@AlejandraFitbit Don't you think all of your customers deserve to have all available stability improvements? I also know that some users with the 20 release have reported that the bug with exercise Custom Stats not saving is at least partially fixed.

Re: stability improvements, I've had 3 different Versas, all of which have had the bad habit of resetting themselves overnight and waking me up when they vibrate as they boot up. It's clearly a firmware issue, as it's happened with 3 different watches. I think I would really like an opportunity to test out those "stability improvements." Yet I've been denied.

Best Answer

I call bogus on samsung galaxy s7s running 7.0 android not being fully compatible. Also you cant choose versa from a pull down menu on any phone type to choose device compatibility. So i looked up my phone, all the versa features are listed as compatible with my phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is compatible but the reply option in notifications is not working. I've received no responses from fitbit regarding that problem. I have a brand new phone... samsung s9 and there's no reason that all functions shouldn't be working.
Best Answer
Its interesting because i had a galaxy S5 and my fitbit only partially
worked however its listed as compatible.. I upgraded my phone to the Galaxy
S9 and its not listed as a compatible phone but now my fitbit works
perfectly.. how bizarre!!
Best Answer

Anyone else stuck with syncing issues?  I get to the 4 numbers while it's trying to pair and it just crashes.  I'm  on firmware 32.32.19.15.  I've read in some other posts that this is basically bricked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Samsung 7 & I cant get my calls since updating, it only tells me I have a missed call.

I am having same issues.

That’s what I am about to do too.

Moderator edit: merged posts

Best Answer

The burn on my wrist became a bit painful after some time from my Versa, and I ended up returning mine. I went ahead and ordered the Garmin 645 Music instead - a bit pricier, but worth it. Way better battery life, always on E-Ink display (loved my Pebble because of this), and they finally got Chase Bank for Garmin Pay (my initial reason for choosing the Versa over the Garmin 645 at the time) a few days ago. Best of luck to all of you Versa users. I hope the updates get better for you.

Best Answer
Hi, I have done all that you recommend in the recent posts and previous , all the steps that are there , my iPhone is compatible , I have turned Bluetooth off, restarted app, the versa , my phone .. at least 60 times since I got my versa . It works good for a day then won’t sync for a couple and I start the process all over again . I want it to work but it’s getting ridiculous. What else can you recommend that has not been posted as I have tried ALL the “fixes”!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi Everyone,

FitBit Versa Music app is not having seeking option I mean you can not seek music at any point. If Fitbit solve this bug in next release is really helpfull

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has now been 2 months since the Versa release.  So when is the too high heart rate issue going to be corrected?

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I think some clarification is needed regarding the Firmware update released to some Versas. Since the Ionic and Versa use the same OS both could receive the same update. The 32.32.10.20 update was intended to fix an issue that appeared with a small amount of Ionics and the Fitbit pay pin code feature. Some Versas also got the update by mistake but this was aimed to Ionics. As someone said if there was bug fixes for Versas everyone should get the update and this is true, this is what it should happen but in this case the fixes were for another device.

If you wish to add music to your Versa then please follow these instructions. You can also create the playlists using Windows Media Player and just use the playlist on the Fitbit app.

To improve the heart rate reading please try these.

For syncing issues please refresh the link between your Versa and your phone. Start by going to the bluetooth settings area and remove all the devices listed there (not only the Versa). Restart your phone and restart your Versa by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your Fitbit watch doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again. 

If you are using an Android device please check that the Fitbit app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and check your privacy settings:

Settings (general phone settings) >App>Messages>Notifications>

Allow Notifications>ON 
On Lock Screen>Show Content

Also,
Open Messages>Tap 3 dots at top>Settings>Notifications>

Popup Display > ON
Preview Message > ON

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I notice you didn’t say a thing about sleep tracking issues. Feh.

Sent from my iPhone 

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Basic (disintegrated), Ultra, One, Surge (returned), Flex, Charge, Alta, Charge 2, iPhone 7 Plus, Macbook Pro, iPad Pro.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The heart rate issue is NOT a problem with where the device is placed on the wrist.  There is a serious problem with it.  In fact, when contacting Customer Support, they say "the engineers are working on it".  But there is no ETA.  The company appears to be sweeping this problem under the rug.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlvaroFitbit wrote:

Hi everyone! I think some clarification is needed regarding the Firmware update released to some Versas. Since the Ionic and Versa use the same OS both could receive the same update. The 32.32.10.20 update was intended to fix an issue that appeared with a small amount of Ionics and the Fitbit pay pin code feature. Some Versas also got the update by mistake but this was aimed to Ionics.

@AlvaroFitbit Thanks for the overdued and much needed clarification.

For those already with 32.32.10.20 - do you suggest factory resetting the versa so that it goes back to the proper 32.32.10.15?

There are someone here in this forum who reported a much newer firmware version i.e. 32.32.11.1010. Is this suppose to be the latest?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive had the update but since my fitbit hasnt synced with the app, ive reinstaled the app and the pairing it syncs my daily steps, but not my weekly strps or my step total for challenges

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Can you tell me if you will be making the quick replies available for iPhone users at any point?

Best Answer

Got the notification of firmware update Sat. A. M. Installed it and now my versa won't sync. I reset the versa and my phone and still the same issue. After a run I also get a notification That fitbit is connected to GPS and running. This is after I stopped the run and closed it. I had to restart my phone again to get it to let go of GPS and stop draining my battery. Any fixes for this or rollback? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FitDintheD which version 32.10.15? So many of them seem to be floating around...

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes