Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.1 - Versa Firmware Release (32.32.10.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Versa users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.32.10.15) I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your Versa to OS 2.1.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. Please complete this update so that you're prepared for the next release. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Versa unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. We're looking forward to bringing you all the next Fitbit OS update! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update 05/11/2018: We have released Fitbit OS 2.1 to 100% of Versa users (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15).

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Versa users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Versa users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW

Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

WHAT’S FIXED

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here.

I recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
842 REPLIES 842

That is correct, I can not accept incoming call on my device .

Best Answer
0 Votes

this is what I have20180505_054742.jpg20180505_054612.jpg

Best Answer

@Baysidefish oh cool man. Well good to know atleast something has been done wrt Android. Better than nothing. Thanks mate!

Best Answer

"For exercise tracking, you will need to change your settings at the beginning of the exercise as it won't default to any previously set settings. This is expected behavior."

No, this is madness. What device doesn't let you keep customised settings? Why on earth should people be expected to change default settings every time they workout?!

This isn't Fitbit Knows Best. People should be able to monitor their workouts the way they want to. If this is expected behaviour then it's simply poor design on behalf of Fitbit.

Truly, you need to fix this. I am astonished you would deliberately design a device this way... It's like you're setting out to annoy consumers.

Best Answer

@Cadance @AlessFitbit THANK YOU! And also, in what world does it make sense to have elapsed time be a default to display on a treadmill? The treadmill yells at me plenty about how long I've been on it!

Best Answer

Can someone on android do me a favor that received the new firmware update? Download Fitbit Notifications (free long tested app) in the Play Store and make this your default messaging app. Then, select your applications in that including Gmail, Whatsapp, Textra or any app that doesn't have quick reply feature available within the Fitbit Notifications section. Do a test, and see if you can reply back through this app. I want to see if there is a workaround in case quick reply is not available through email or select apps. Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, one bug in the new firmware. 

If you reset the versa (hold down “back” + “right bottom” button) - whatever clockface setting that you set will be gone. The watch will be rebooted with the default clockface setting and changing the setting of the clockface thereafter is impossible. This is not a problem in the previous firmware version

Best Answer
0 Votes
In my case, it still doesn't work. In fact, it gets worse. The notification from fitbit notification displays on my device for a second. And will disappear by itself without press clear button.
Best Answer
0 Votes

that SUCKS!  

Best Answer

I just recently tried to update my Fitbit to no avail. It says I am not connected to internet or Bluetooth. I have reset each several times, changed to different Wi-Fi, disconnected Bluetooth and still says it is not connected. I now cannot update my Versa and it will not register my activity. HELP! I have only had it a few weeks. 

Best Answer

I checked and my FitBit software updated yesterday.  Last night's sleep reporting was much more accurate than it had been.  Not perfect, but within 30 minutes on each end of going to bed and getting up!!!

Has the new patch been checked with non FitBit watch faces?  I really liked the one I was using last week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone who does NOT have the firmware update noticed that your Versa is slurping the battery faster since the app update? Mine used 33% yesterday and it's used 7% in 4 hours so far today. Previously, it used 25-27%/day.

Likewise, anyone WITH the firmware update notice a difference in battery life?

And what's this I hear about problems loading clockfaces if you restart after the update?

Best Answer

Is there any way to force an update?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to restore my tracker back to factory settings and start from scratch.  It did update to the new firmware.
Best Answer

Thanks but I think I'll just wait.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had similar, was a bit worried as hearing some people stories about poor battery life had me worried - still good after a few weeks here!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm kind of having the same problem.  After 3 and a half hours of updating via Bluetooth the watchface finally turned green with the fitbit logo but the app informs me it is still updating.  (Even though at this point when I tap the watch it shows me battery power percentage as it does when normally charging.  No logo or updating blue line...)

Best Answer

Mine didn't cooperate until I removed my other fitbit from bluetooth in my phone's bluetooth settings.  If you haven't already tried that, give that a shot. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbit Will the new update include fixing the customized stats?  Right now when you customize your stats it doesn't keep. It goes back to the default. Also several people are complaining about not receiving notifications after the current update. Do you know anything about that?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can help with the notification bit - you'll need to reauthorize your device to send and receive notifications.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes