Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.1 - Versa Firmware Release (32.32.10.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Versa users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.32.10.15) I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your Versa to OS 2.1.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. Please complete this update so that you're prepared for the next release. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Versa unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. We're looking forward to bringing you all the next Fitbit OS update! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update 05/11/2018: We have released Fitbit OS 2.1 to 100% of Versa users (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15).

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Versa users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Versa users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW

Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

WHAT’S FIXED

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here.

I recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
842 REPLIES 842

Since receiving the update where my versa can send text replies, it is automatically clearing my messages from the versa. It always does this once I've read the message on my phone or replied to it on my versa, but also seems to do it if I've opened my phone message app but not yet read the particular message, and sometimes does it when I haven't read the message on either. This is annoying - they used to stay on my watch till I'd manually cleared, which was great as I sometimes like to check a message again, and sometimes they clear before I've even had a chance to read at all. Is this supposed to happen? Can there be an option where we can set it to automatically clear once a message has been read OR choose to manually clear like it used to be? 

Best Answer

@Genmary

That notifications now disappear from the versa as soon as they are cleared from your phone is probably a side effect of the new quick reply system. I looks like the Versa is reading the native quick reply options from you device and displaying them. So it might actually be mirroring your device more accurately now.

Personally I consider that a huge improvement, but I understand some might be used to the old system.

However if you find that notifications disappear from the Versa while they are still visible on your phone's notifications tray, that sounds like a bug.

Keep in mind that when you open an app on Android any notification for that app automatically disappears from the tray even if you leave the reply 'unread'.

_____

Re: Incoming Calls

For the people talking about not being able to "answer" a call from the Versa, what exactly is it you expect? The Versa doest have a mic, so how would you even take a call from it?

As long as it shows a 'reject' option followed by a quick reply via SMS, isn't that best case scenario..?

Or do you mean you want to answer a call via Bluetooth headset, or when your device is on a table (speaker) or something like that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really wish there was a way to force the update. The number of people that read this forum is probably a small percentage of users. And are the most likely to give the feedback they are looking for in a controlled rollout. 

Best Answer

Agree - anyone know of any way to force the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've  only  had  mine  for a couple of days and I wore mine over night and wheh i woke up,  i had 89 steps! Made me wonder  if i was sleep walking.... 

Best Answer

I’m with you. I’m about ready to dump this thing. Intermittent blue tooth since day one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought the female health feature would be realesed with this update since it was said it would be available by Springtime. 

Does anybody know anything about it.

Thank you! 

Best Answer

I have tried countless times to do my updates, and it keeps on saying failed.  I want this to work correctly, and don't want to have to take it back to the store.  Any ideas?  I have tried wifi and my phone and fitbit are right next to my modem.  

Best Answer
Sorry, I don't really know. I haven't gotten the update yet. Is your versa
charging while the update? Try rebooting both you phon and your versa too.
Good luck!
Best Answer
Make sure your Bluetooth isn't connected to another Fitbit device. Then try through that.

It will take about 3 and a half hours, but it will get done.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
Yes, Versa is charging and I rebooted both.  Disconnected my Alta HR from blue tooth.  Again, the only way it updated was to restore my fitbit back to factory settings and reinstall.  After that, the update did take and my fitbit appears to be working correctly. v/rKaren 
Best Answer

@Llmgtab wrote:

I really wish there was a way to force the update. The number of people that read this forum is probably a small percentage of users. And are the most likely to give the feedback they are looking for in a controlled rollout. 

I think there is a way to force an update. I think that if you reset your watch to factory settings and delete the app off your phone so it is basically thinking your getting it new for the first time so it would download the newest firmware. 

Best Answer

You can only have one fitbit device on the account or it will screw up everything. Delete your previous device before adding this one to your account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

does this make you lose your data?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hbeats You should not lose data if you sync the other devise to the Fitbit app first before you delete it.

Best Answer

I tried the factory reset and did not get the new version yet. It did fix the issue with the watch not getting notifications for phone calls so was worth it.

I did not lose any data, just settings on the watch like alarms. 

Best Answer
I did not as I have an Alta HR that kept my data. v/rKaren 
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit I was finally successful in installing the update.  However, since the update, my text notifications are not being received on my Versa.  I have rebooted the Versa, and I have confirmed that my settings in the App and on the watch are set to accept text notifications.  I also rebooted my phone.  (I am also NOT receiving call notifications, only a "missed call" notification after the call... but no notification during the call).  Please let me know how to fix this.  Thank you!

Note, these were not issues/problems for me prior to the update.

Best Answer

Tried it out and it kept all the fitness stuff but i lost me mateys and crab friends on treasure trek. Didn't end up getting the update so all in all it was not worth it for me. It kept the clock face I was using so I'm suspicious that the factory reset didn't completely reset the watch.

Best Answer

@so8sk wrote:

@ErickFitbit I was finally successful in installing the update.  However, since the update, my text notifications are not being received on my Versa.  I have rebooted the Versa, and I have confirmed that my settings in the App and on the watch are set to accept text notifications.  I also rebooted my phone.  (I am also NOT receiving call notifications, only a "missed call" notification after the call... but no notification during the call).  Please let me know how to fix this.  Thank you!

Note, these were not issues/problems for me prior to the update.

I have a similar issue. Before update I was getting calls and notifications. After the update I get all notifications, except the call during the actual call.. only the missed called afterwards. I have contacted support and they tried everything, deleting apps, rebooting versa and phone.. and nothing worked. All they did was apologize and say they added a ticket for further investugation. The only thing i havent done was reset the versato factory setting and try setting up again. But, I did reboot, delete the app and reinstalled to give all access and permission again. Still didnt work.

Best Answer
0 Votes