Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Screen Scratches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone else have a Versa that seems to be easily scratching (on the screen)? I haven't even worn mine for 24 hours and I already have several scratches on the screen, one of which appears quite deep. 

Best Answer
173 REPLIES 173

Yeah me too, not on the screen per se but it’s very noticeable and I have no clue how that happened :/not even two days, look... I’m pretty bummed out 🙁 IMG_7463.jpeg

Best Answer

The damage I see is to the screen directly. Here's a picture to show the damage I am seeing. I don't honestly know how I could have caused this damage within hours of wear. I am a school teacher, so I don't really do any work that might cause this damage. I contacted customer support and they basically told me tough luck, get a screen protector.IMG_20180418_140555.jpg

Best Answer

Does anyone know where to get the best glass protectors for the Versa?

Best Answer

I got an iq shield from amazon.  Like 7 bucks for 6 screen protectors.  Went on slick.  It will cover up those small scratches and protect the screen from any more. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Not tryna be rude or anything but I don't see any scratches or I'm not looking at the right place. I bought a screen protector for my Fitbit and although it sucks or I put it on wrong, it's keeping my screen unscratched. You can find a bunch on Amazon. I don't have the tempered glass ones because they stick out too much and it looks bad in my opinion. This is the first product I've ever bought a screen protector for because I swing my arm everywhere and I had a HUGE and deep scratch on my charge hr (with that tiny screen it's a mystery how I got it) and I didn't want that on my Versa which has a way bigger screen than the charge.

Want Spotify for Versa? Click Here to Vote!

Click Here to Vote for Low Power Mode!

sarah, usa | versa, charge hr (retired)
Best Answer

@Bobled Are they the Liquid Skin ones? How fast was shipping on them? I am afraid to continue to wear my Versa if it's going to scratch like that so easily. 

Best Answer

Yes. Liquid skin.  Went on easy. Just keep your fingers wet.  

How fast?   Well I got it in 2 days.  You might not to wait that long.  

If you are close to somewhere maybe you can get it quicker?

Best Answer

I got it in two days too, they used fedex first class for me. (I also ordered from iq shield)

sarah, usa | versa, charge hr (retired)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought the same ones and love them also.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had some leftover of shield ones from my Ionic .... so I cut it and put it on my Versa when I got it today 🙂

@ShortBeckie eeeee ... that was hard to see 😞 So sorry that happened to your Versa already

Best Answer

I was petrified that mine would scratch. I could tell after only a couple hours that it would be inevitable so Tuesday I ordered a screen protected as well as a clear bumper for the sides of the watch face. I received today and they went on easy, aren’t noticeable and seem to protect pretty well. 

Best Answer

Mine did the same! They wont help me at all. I woke up with it scratched. All I did was go to sleep! Terrible customer service.

Best Answer

Oh nice, glad to hear there's bumpers and it's not bulky. I'll order the same setup to protect my Versa.

LG V20 w/Versa. Retired- Flex2
Best Answer
0 Votes

Best bet is too buy 2 year replacement from where ever you bought your fitbit. They cover most wear and tear so you can keep swapping for a new one over and over since it's technically a malfunction to scratch so easily. Im on my third one as we speak. If the store doesn't offer protection just return for full price and actually go to a Best Buy or store that replaces wearable tech with wear and tear protection. Eventually Fitbit will make a more durable screen in do time when they learn from their mistakes. They are still a baby company.

Best Answer

What bumper did you get?

Best Answer

Oh snap! That’s crazy, that makes me worry about mine

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_7463.jpeg

IMG_7471.jpeg

It’s at the edge, more the paint that’s affected with micro abrasion, when you see it that’s all I see when I look at the watch. That should have happened within two days of very light use.

Best Answer

Great, thanks a lot, I’ll try that 😉

Respectueusement,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought I read somewhere that the Versa screen was made with Gorilla Glass 3, but I can't seem to find it anywhere on Fitbit.com.  I probably read it on one of the many reviews from the tech websites, but I would like to know where they got that info.  And if it is truly Gorilla Glass 3, it shouldn't scratch that easily.  But with anything, there are limitations.  

Personally, I'm not surprised that the color is chipping, that was something I was concerned about and deterred me from ordering any of the colors except the gray/silver one.  I'm hoping it's like the silver finish on the Charge 2.  Which, by the way, I have had for over a year now without any screen protection and it looks brand new.

Best Answer
0 Votes