Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify for Versa Smartwatches

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If the Versa had Spotify I would be the first in line to buy one. Is Fitbit looking into partnering with Spotify? If not, why not?

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update: 10/17/19

Hi Versa Smartwatches family! 🙂

The Spotify app is now available on all Fitbit watches. To install the Spotify app, update your Fitbit device to the latest firmware (version 68.9.15). If the update isn’t available to you yet, please check back soon. 

The Spotify app allows you to control the music playing on the Spotify app on your phone, computer, or other Spotify Connect devices, and to like songs and switch between playlists. The Spotify app on your Fitbit device doesn’t support offline music playback. 

For step by step instructions to update your Fitbit device, please visit this help article: 

Please also see our help articles for information about installing and managing apps on your Fitbit device: 

We're happy to have Spotify available for all Fitbit watches and hope you enjoy using it! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
263 REPLIES 263

I’ve looked all over, googles searched and etc and I cannot find which apps are/will be available. I use Spotify for music and I’m particularly interested in learning if it will be available. 

Also, do Anker Bluetooth headphones work with the fitness trackers that are currently available? 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer

Spotify isn't currently available. Deezer premium will be available at launch. The Anker Bluetooth should work. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hey!

This morning I read about the new Fitbit release and was super excited. However, there is one question  on my mind: Fitbit states that this device is compatible with Deezer, but I only use Spotify. Does anyone know if this will work on the Versa as well?

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

No, it won't, at least not at the moment. Currently there is only support for Pandora and Deezer

Best Answer

Definitely not if Spotify doesn't release its app for Fitbit OS

Best Answer

Are there plans to introduce Spotify to the versa. If so, when might this happen

Best Answer

Have they released if Spotify will ever be added to the list of apps? I am in the same boat, I love the Versa but wish it had Spotify!

@SteveHwrote:

No, it won't, at least not at the moment. Currently there is only support for Pandora and Deezer

Best Answer

Fitbit is always looking at new partnerships.

You can add your vote for Spotify support below, so Fitbit knows this is a wanted feature.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Spotify-for-Ionic/idc-p/2173389

Note, the suggestion was made for the Ionic, but since the Versa runs the same OS, I think voting for it there will also help bring it to the Versa.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

I made one for the Versa!

Want Spotify for Versa? Click Here to Vote!

sarah, usa | versa, charge hr (retired)
Best Answer

I'm going to buy a Fitbit versa and I was wondering if what or even if you will add new music apps like Spotify or iTunes?

Best Answer

Hi @thequestionman,

That a good question! We can't know for sure, but Fitbit is always looking at new partnerships.

I would recommend that you add your vote to this suggestion, so Fitbit knows we're interested in Spotify.

Dave | California

Best Answer

@ChivetteMama I posted a link a while back under suggestions if you want to give it a thumbs up that'd be helpful!

Want Spotify for Versa? Click Here to Vote!

Click Here to Vote for Low Power Mode!

Best Answer

Hello all, thanks for being participating in the Community.

I think that it would be great to have Spotify for the Versa. As recommended in previous post, you can take a look at the Spotify for Versa request, vote for it and leave your comment. I hope this can be implemented soon.

Happy stepping! Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Please add Spotify!! That’s all I use and not paying for Pandora. What is the status on this request for Spotify?

Best Answer

@SherryRose as of right now, it's still 'Reviewed by a Moderator' but hopefully, it will change soon!!

Best Answer

As I have seen most people say they don't download music, and they don't use Pandora as a primary account. This is true for myself as well. I really only use Spotify, beause it is an excellent music app. To see that Fitbit doesn't have that capability is some what of a let down. I'm just hoping we can get the app voted onto the app list.

Best Answer

Cast your vote here, to let Fitbit know that Spotify for the Versa is wanted. The more votes there are, the greater the chance Fitbt may implement it.

Dave | California

Best Answer
Please, we need Spotify on the device. I have purchased the Versa as an act of faith that it will be provided (soon)
Best Answer