Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa and Samsung Galaxy s8

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will the Versa work with the Samsung Galaxy s8?  The Blaze has had numerous issues with working correctly with this phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

My Fitbit Ionic is compatible with my Samsung Galaxy S8 Active. Should be no different for the Versa. Those using the Versa or Ionic with the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ should also be perfectly okay.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
33 REPLIES 33

Is it on the Compatible phone list?

https://www.fitbit.com/devices

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, the S8 and S8+ are on the list so that's good. But that means it should be fine for the Blaze too. My worry would be that if your setup is causing problems with the Blaze then it may cause the same problems with the Blaze. What problems are you having?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was looking for that last night and wasn't able to find it. Thank you!

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Both my blaze and my husband's will have notifications for awhile and then it stops. Weeks or months later it starts again. No rhyme or reason.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

Hmmmm.... I didn't notice any issues with my Blaze and S8. At least not that I am aware of. (Maybe I had issues but didn't know it.) 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Ionic is compatible with my Samsung Galaxy S8 Active. Should be no different for the Versa. Those using the Versa or Ionic with the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ should also be perfectly okay.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You may well be correct @DonaldMReif but I note that the S9 and S9+ are not yet on the list of supported devices so it may be a problem for some people.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have loads of issues with my Blaze and my Note 8, which is really only different shape S8+ so should work. All day sync doesn’t seem to work and the Bluetooth connection keeps dropping. I’d heard it’s something to do with the new Samsungs using Bluetooth 5 and the Fitbits being Bluetooth 4. I’d hoped the new Fitbits would be BT5 but I don’t think they are. Had to install another app just to keep notifications active. I’m still hoping the Versa will behave better with the phone though. 

Best Answer

Which app are you using to fix notifications problem? 

Best Answer

Which app are you using GrumpyCyclist? I have the exact same issues with my blaze and note 8 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@4T1A1E wrote:

Which app are you using GrumpyCyclist? I have the exact same issues with my blaze and note 8 😞

I’m using an app called Fit Notifications. Seems to work 99% of the time. Which is better than 0% so I’ll take it.

Best Answer

I can not get mine to load at all.  Called customer service they were no help. 

Best Answer

I've got a Samsung galaxy S8 and I've had my versa for a week and it won't sync when I leave my phone then go back to it. I've been told by support that Samsung run on a different Bluetooth. I'm thinking of taking my back for a refund. Shame it's a nice watch.

Best Answer

I tried downloading the fitnotifications app but it didn't work. I don't think it's compatible with the versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried downloading the fitnotifications app but it didn't work. I don't think it's compatible with the versa. Any one got any ideas.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit blaze began having serious battery issues once I got the Samsung S8, to the point where the battery wouldn't last more than 1/1.5 days.  Is the versa going to have the same problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine last 2 days. But was really hard to hook up!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

last year I got S8 and as a matter of fact my blaze started acting weird. After contacting Samsung and FitBit I came to the conclusion that Samsung wants to push their own smartwatch by making the others not as efficient.  And as result, I got samsung gear fit2. Fantastic for calls, and notifications, but not as good as fitness watch. Now I wear them both, and I am not happy. if i connect my blaze, it has still a delay in notifications. incoming call notifications when the call is already on the voice mail or even after I answered the phone. I am going to follow this thread until someone will finally share that the versa is fine with samsung S8 or S9. In that case  I will run to buy it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes