Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa button isn't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I first noticed yesterday that the back button wouldn't work and so I have tried several things to restart my Versa and even disconnected it from my phone and restarted both several times. Not the back button may work 10% of the time but my watch will freak out and bounce back and forth from my watch face to the setting options (screen wake/notifications) and I can get out of that screen until it decides to on it's own and then it bounces back and forth between the two 😕

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

Mine started doing that before the screen completely died (it still synced with my phone and I could even see my heart rate on my phone, but the screen was blank).  Contact Customer Support, I sent mine in and am waiting for a replacement now.

KC | Texas
One, Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa | Galaxy S9 Plus
Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Miller123456 and @swim4lifekac thanks for stopping by.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix the issues you are experiencing with your watch. If your Versa button isn't working, you may be able to remove dust or dirt by gently using a toothpick around the button. If this does not improve the button performance, you can try to clear debris using canned air. Hold the tracker at arm's length and spray once to loosen any dirt or dust that may have accumulated around the button.

Also confirm these are steps you did in order to restart your device:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

So today the back button is working more then not however my touch screen is NOT responding 90%of the time. As I try to touch and toggle through the steps, calories and heartrate it doesn't respond. Then as I sit there with the screen off without moving my arm or hand my screen will turn on and then try to swipe right. Again I am not moving my arm or hand at this point.

As far as the back button is concerned I dont believe it is dust being that I can feel the click of the button but there was no response. I believe that this is an internal issue.

Side note I have worn it in the shower recently however I dont shower long or in 50m water 😒

Best Answer

Thanks for the information @Miller123456.

Since the instructions provided didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

See you around. Robot wink

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the exact same issue! And I’ve contacted Fitbit support and got told that my problem has been escalated and I would be receiving an email and I still haven’t. I have woken up multiple nights to it freaking out and have had to take it off because the vibrations keep me awake. 

Best Answer

I have only had my Versa for about 1 month and today it stopped working (screen went blank/black).  Thankfully with your direction I was able to reset it and it appears to be working again!  Thanks!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My brand spanking new Versa has issues with the button. Only got it yesterday. Worked fine for the first 30mins and hasn't worked since. Not impressed. Waiting to hear back from fitbit re a refund 

Best Answer

My home button stopped working and I am not sure what to do?!

Best Answer

Hi everyone, I hope you are doing fine.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this button issue. If you haven't tried the instructions I provided in my previous post, I recommend taking a look at it and follow the steps provide.

Let me know how it goes. Man Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have cleaned my fitbit, reset it numerous times and my back button still isn't working. Not sure what else to do, they are sending me a replacement on Tuesday since I just purchased this Versa in April.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Those are great news @kdaxtman.

I am glad to hear that you will be receiving a replacement. At the moment of receiving it, you just need to follow the instructions provide in the help article How do I set up my Fitbit device? to set it up.

Happy stepping! Man Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My back button isnt working, and i did a factory reset hoping this would solve the problem but now I'm stuck at the "shortcut" screen in the introduction stage, telling me to press the back button, which will not acknowledge the press of the button! Pretty much a 10 dollar wrist watch is even more useful right now! And the receipt holder freak which i am CANNOT find my proof of purchase to exchange it! So basically i have a piece of useless plastics! 

Ive tried the toothpick trick to no avail! I do not want to exchange or return it, just want it to work!

Best Answer

My back button isn’t working either. When trying to push the button in, there is no click. The button feels like it’s stuck on the “In” position. I’ve followed your suggestions with no success;  I can’t reset my Versa either. The other buttons can depress, but the device times out & doesn’t reset. I bought this to replace my Blaze which served me very well for the past couple of years. Loved it until now. I use this each shift at work & can afford to have the battery drain after activating a timer or other feature. Please advise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NurseKimmy If the advice provided by @AlejandraFitbit hasn't worked in your case, you might have to contact Customer Support to guide you through the next steps. I'm afraid it might be a hardware issue.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ì am very confident that it is a hardware issue!
When u push the button it's non responsive! Like the other buttons, u feel the response from them!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
Hi,
I would contact Fitbit directly and ask for a replacement if they can't fix it by troubleshooting it.
Kate
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I tried your instrucionts when my left botton does did not work. Furtunately it started working after I restarted the watch but my top right function button still does not work. Anything else that I can do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is also doing this after a shower today. Was 15min shower tops. And since then any button I push follows through with the command when it feels like it many minutes after I push it. 

My touch screen has also started recently to take it's time working especially when trying to switch between floors, steps and calories 

Best Answer

Same as mine I cleaned it out with a tooth pick and still not working 

Best Answer