Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa display not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone, I bought my Versa 2 months ago. I went swimming last week then was at a wedding so didn't wear my Fitbit. I put it on charge when I returned home but the display is not working properly and I can't see anything? Anyone help?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the update @Jackie1977.

Since the instructions provided didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team, for them to take a deeper look at this, please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Let me know if you need anything else. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
206 REPLIES 206

Hello. I just got this device as a gift and while trying to set it up i noticed that nothing is on screen. Before i started doing the set up i had on the screen an information to download an app to start setting everything up. By the time i finished it the screen went dead blank and nothings shows on it. I plugged a charger to 3 different sources and i placed Versa on it according to instruction but nothing happened. I even tried to restart it (even if its off) but doesn't help either. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for taking a break from stepping to visit the Community @Dandooo! I appreciate that you have shared your experience with your Versa and for all the troubleshooting steps you performed before posting here. 

Make sure that you are charging your Fitbit as suggested in the help article How do I charge my Fitbit device? Keep in mind that a full charge might take up to 2 hours. 

Also, make sure that: 

• If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.
  • Thoroughly dry your Fitbit before charging it.
  • When in doubt, it doesn't hurt to turn your Fitbit off and back on. Confirm that you have followed these instructions How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

The exact same thing just happened to me!!! Also using the Versa.  Did you ever get your back on??? Such a weird fluke, for a new device!

Best Answer
It came back on but now i have another issue. I cannot charget it. It seems
like the charger is now an issue... Im going to replace it today tho.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @LucyAP any feedback? Have you had other fitbit users experiencing problems with the Versa?? Is there an issue with this particular device? Seems a little weird to have two users experiencing similar problems with a device that was just released. Thoughts?  

Best Answer
I replaced it and everything works perfectly now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh that's awesome good to hear! I haven't had any other issues so far, I'll update if I do though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Cans and @Dandooo! Thanks for the update! It's good to hear that you are back on track and that your Versa is working as expected. Please don't hesitate to post back if you need extra help.

Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at the Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have only had my Versa for a week and today the screen went dark and wont come back on. Support gave me the usual restart copy and paste response. One of the steps is "when you see the fitbit logo release the button" How can I see the logo if the display wont come on? I previously had a Charge HR that I had to exchange multiple times and eventually tossed in the garbage. Why did I come back to fitbit?

Best Answer

FYI the watch still syncs with my phone and the green light on the back is still flashing. I tried loading a default watchface to see if it was the one i downloaded. No luck.

Best Answer

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

That happened to me too, to be honest, I would either return or exchange it where you bought it from. Going through Fitbit is such a lengthy and tedious process unless you bought it from them then good luck having them replace it for you. 

Best Answer
I did buy it from them 😞 Thank you for your reply. Have a good night
Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I was wearing my Versa as normal had checked, steps, time, etc a few times, and then one time I looked at it and the screen was black...I thought it was odd as my battery was above 50%, and it was just working. Pressed the left  button and it would vibrate, but no screen. I came home put it on the charger, thinking maybe it was the battery but that is still super odd. It has been on the charger for 5 hours....NOTHING. It doesn't even show that it is charging...still a black screen. Any suggestions on what to do?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

That happened to mine. I had to return it and get another one. Good thing I was able to return to Best Buy because going through Fitbit was a headache.

Best Answer

Do a Restart and do it several times if necessary.

Best Answer

What a pain it was to go through Customer Service chat with Fitbit. I had to film a video of me attempting to reset my watch when the screen is completely dark and then they are unable to accept my video because it is too large so I had to record another one which was still too large to include in the chat so I had to email them. Now my replacement is supposed to arrive today over a week from when they processed my order. I do not like Fitbit Customer Service

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @jnweirich@Jayelo and @SunsetRunner thanks for stopping by.

I appreciate the efforts in trying to fix this issue and would like to know if you keep experiencing this? The instructions provided by our friend worked?

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

My Versa sceeen just died on me after I attempted to change a clock face. I know it’s still working in the background because I’m still able to sync it but my display just shows colored vertical lines (something like when ur computer hangs). 

I’ve already tried to do a soft rest but it doesn’t work. I’m not even getting Fitbit logo back up when I do that since all it displays is the lines. Any solutions?

Best Answer