Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa display not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone, I bought my Versa 2 months ago. I went swimming last week then was at a wedding so didn't wear my Fitbit. I put it on charge when I returned home but the display is not working properly and I can't see anything? Anyone help?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
206 REPLIES 206

When that happened to mine I got a new one. Good luck going through Fitbit it you got it through them. 

Best Answer

It happened to me yesterday, thank God I bought a program offered by Best buy for a replacement, so sad! 

Best Answer

I got the warranty from Best Buy too and so thankful I did. I went through Fitbit first hoping they will help me through it first but it was such a hassle with them. Never will I ever buy through Fitbit. Fitbit really needs to work on their customer service and customer satisfaction. They are failing miserably in that department. 

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me! Multiple restarts didn't help. I hope I can get it replaced. Mine is only 1.5 months old.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Forums @Berd_k@Bataclau@Jayelo and @sygyzy it's great to see you around.

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with your watches, something great here is that some of you have received replacements from your retailers.

Now @Berd_k and @sygyzy, I would like to know if you have get in touch with our support team, have they offer you a solution for this?

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AlejandraFitbit, I've just dropped the support team an email earlier today. Will be waiting for their reply in the meantime.

Just an update though, my screen has totally died on me now. It doesn't even display the lines anymore. But it's still running in the background as I can still sync and update my data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am facing the same issue since this morning. I started using a new Versa since last week. It worked fine till this morning and then the display suddenly disappeared. I am still able to see the heartbeat tracker light at the back. But no response on clicking any of the buttons for many seconds at a time or on placing the Fitbit on the charging cradle. Please help! I am disappointed that the Fitbit stopped working so soon. 😞  

Best Answer

Hi @AlejandraFitbit I traded a bunch of information to the Fitbit team on Twitter and they said someone from support would reach out to me via email. That was yesterday and I haven't heard back yet so I am patiently waiting to see the next steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try the Restart mentioned in post number 3?  If so, try it several times if necessary.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am so disappointed in the Versa. I am sending it back for a refund. I
will say that I loved it until it totally blacked out on me twice. I got
good use out of it for about a month.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the updates @Berd_k and @sygyzy.

Since you are already working about this with Customer Support, please continue working via email, this way they can provide you with a solution.

Let me know if there's anything I may do to assist you in the meantime. Man Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alejandra, I think it's good to have a discussion here as well to fill in any gaps missing from support (ie the factory reset instructions not working). It's good to see the whole picture including support others have received. I am hoping to resolve my issue soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Berd_k The reason why your screen died is because it's out of batteries. With this defective screen, it's going through battery life like crazy (it'll die in a few hours). Plop it back into the charger and I bet you can see faint lines again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have refently had the SAME ISSUE, with my BRAND NEW VERSA! I have tried to reset multiple times expecting a different result... I have reached out to the FitBit Support team a few different times now and have not recieved a reaponse. Unlike others, i have had only positive outcomes using the support team (they have replaced a Charge HR and blaze of mine). I am however very upset with how i am dealing with an issue after only having this watch for almost a month. I was really looking forward to having this new toy on my runs... Looking for help and suggestions on how to rectify this situation ASAP!!! 

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Jackie1977.

I would like to know if you have tried to restart your watch? If you haven't, I recommend restarting it by doing the following:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Thanks for ur response I have tried this but the screen is flickering the colours are very dull and its as if the screen is split into two

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Jackie1977.

Since the instructions provided didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team, for them to take a deeper look at this, please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Let me know if you need anything else. Robot Happy

Best Answer

My display wasn’t working but it was syncing to my app.   I tried restarting and starting to display again 😊

Best Answer

I'm having a similar issue. Went swimming on on Wednesday .Today I was wearing watch and the display went out. I thought the battery died but when I went to synch with my phone, it's synched and has been tracking my steps .  There is just no display .Tried a hard reset but still nothing. 

Best Answer

I'm having a similar issue. Went swimming on on Wednesday .Today I was wearing watch and the display went out. I thought the battery died but when I went to synch with my phone, it's synched and has been tracking my steps .  There is just no display .Tried a hard reset but still nothing. 

Best Answer