Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa display not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone, I bought my Versa 2 months ago. I went swimming last week then was at a wedding so didn't wear my Fitbit. I put it on charge when I returned home but the display is not working properly and I can't see anything? Anyone help?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
206 REPLIES 206

I am having a similar or same issue. My Versa has been fine since purchase until yesterday. The screen is dim, has multiple lines out, multiple red lines, sometimes only displays half of the screen, sometimes displays half of one screen and half of another. On top of this the battery is draining in 4 hours.

I have: reset (using back and bottom right keys) multiple times.  I am unable to turn the device on then off per the instructions on the web site (Settings>About>) because I do not have this option on my device (or at least cannot see it or navigate to it.)

At this point the device is fairly useless. Given it's only been 3 weeks since I got it, I am going to return it.

Best Answer
Fitbit have sent me a return label to return to them and they are sending me a replacement xx

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am facing the same issue..

Red lines, then goes to half screen, and then blacks out completely..

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's exactly it xx Fitbit have sent me a DHL Label to send it back to the Netherlands and they will send me a replacement xx

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. No display and I cannot get it to restart. Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Jackie mine died today after swimming 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this exact same problem. Its been amazing, until the screen went out and has never come back. I tried the hard reset and nothing. I'm extremely disappointed. This wasn't a cheap device and I've only had it a couple of months 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1) On the watch, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds.
2) When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive).
3) When the device vibrates, release all buttons.
4) Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
5) When the watch successfully resets, use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware.
This is the response I got from Fitbit hope it helps xx

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Try this it's the response I got from Fitbit xx

2) When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive).
4) Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
5) When the watch successfully resets, use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is the response I got from Fitbit it didn't help me but worth a try xx

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did not work for me

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

It did not work for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa is about 3 months old aND yesterday I noticed it had funny bars running across the display. I thought it froze then died bUT after putting it on the charger it still won't light up. I've tried restarting it and I know it's not the battery since the green sensor light still flickers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This just happened to me. I woke up and checked the time on my versa. I wanted to check my heart rate so I tapped the screen then it went blank. I thought I ran out battery but i just charged it the night before. I synced it to my phone and saw I had a full charge. Also my fitbit still gives haptic feedback.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try restarting it several times. If that doesnt work and if you have a display (wasnt sure from what younsaid if the displah is off), then go to the settings app and scroll down to About and turn the watch off. Leave it off for a couple of hours and turn it back on by pressing any button. If still no better or if there is no display, try a factory reset. Use the buttons (see below) if you cant see the settigs app. If that fails to help you will need to contact Support (link in my signature) Let us know how you go 

FACTORY RESET USING BUTTONS
On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If the device turns on, please go back to the Fitbit app and setup your device back to your account with these steps. Make sure your watch is plugged into a wall plug or a computer, next to the router and that there are no other trackers or devices with Bluetooth on nearby when setting up.  Please log into your account, go to account on the upper right corner, there look for "setup a device" and tap on it. Follow the instructions on the screen and let the watch charge for 2 hours.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
When I'm trying to mess with the fit bit it doesn't display anything. No
logo no menu nothing. All I get is a backlight. When trying to reset or
turn it off I don't get any vibrations or logos either. Thank you for the
suggestions I will be in touch with support.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My issue was fixed after a hard reboot. Hope it works for you as well.
Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Scares and @NellyG thanks for stopping by.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this issue. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Same exact issue.  First the right hand side of the screen stopped working and now the entire screen doesn’t work.  Something told me to go with the Apple Watch.  I had my first Fitbit Charge HR replaced like 5 times because of stupid issues.  I figured they would have gotten things right with the versa.  Guess not.  After a year it can’t be replaced when it breaks.  I’m done with Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I went swimming the other day and after I noticed my Fitbit Versa stopped tracking my Hear rate. Next day screen went black and I am not able to turn it on since then. I tried to charge it as I thought battery run out but id till does not turn on and does not respond. What to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes