Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa display not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone, I bought my Versa 2 months ago. I went swimming last week then was at a wedding so didn't wear my Fitbit. I put it on charge when I returned home but the display is not working properly and I can't see anything? Anyone help?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
206 REPLIES 206

Hi,

I went swimming the other day and after I noticed my Fitbit Versa stopped tracking my Hear rate. Next day screen went black and I am not able to turn it on since then. I tried to charge it as I thought battery run out but id till does not turn on and does not respond.

I also tried to hard reset with holding two buttons but it does not work.

What to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hard started mine too. Yesterday the right side of my screen stopped working. Today the whole screen stopped responding. I’m done with Fitbit. The charge HR I had was replaced 5 times because of poor build and quality. Better off getting an Apple Watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem,  even later! Why has this not been fixed? No results from customer service, will attempt return tomorrow. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I even been having the same issues with mine (turning off randomly, battery life horrible, refusing to turn on, sync, or charge)! Called customer service today & they are replacing my Versa AGAIN for the second time in 6 months. This is absolutely ridiculous. You’d think they would have fixed this issue by now. I’m so mad because something told me to go with the Apple Watch originally. When the replacement comes in I’ll be giving that one to my daughter. I just went ahead & bought myself the new Apple Watch yesterday. It’s a far more superior product. It’s such a shame too because I’ve been with Fitbit for the last 5 years. I never again spend any more of my money on these crappy watches! Once the rest of my families devices break that’s it! I don’t see this company lasting much longer if  this is the type of quality products they keep putting out. Shame on you Fitbit. You know these Versas aren’t working as they should. Also, don’t even think about getting them wet!

Best Answer
Agreed! I seriously am thoroughly disappointed. Yes, Fitbit products are less exensive than Apples, but they've been around awhile and should know better than to put something out there that won't work! And customer service doesn't treat you well at all when things DO go wrong! They should get something to you ASAP not make you wait a week to 10 days for just PART of your purchased product. This Versa will be my last Firbit also.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed!  & this issue is not "solved" if it keeps happening! Sending out another of the same unit a week to 10 days later (when I've only been using a Versa 2 weeks!) doesn't really change much, now does it????

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did the first step and works fine now! Thank you so much! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue after 2 week of bought it.

I try shutdown and hard reset (hold 2 and 3 buttons). But it isn't solved.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, they had to send me a replacement for the 2nd time in just under 6
months. Yup, that’s 3 Fitbit Versas in 6 months. I went to the Apple Store
& bought the Apple Watch. I’m done with Fitbit. I will no longer spend any
of my money on their products again. My daughter now has my replacement
Fitbit. I told her to not get too attached to it as it WILL break again I’m
sure. This is a known issue yet there’s never been any recalls. Super
disappointed with them!
--
Jamie
Best Answer

I went to change clock faceon Versa( had it 1 month) and it doesn’t swipe up down or across. Called customer support getting a new one in 5-7 days. No charge

Best Answer
0 Votes

Took me 5 minutes after talking to representative at Fitbit.  Went through reset and other solutions. Nothing worked. New one

coming soon. Great customer service!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm frustrated.  I'm having the same problem with my Versa.  It vibrates, and the green LED on the back blinks, but the screen won't turn on.  I've tried all the suggested restarts and resets.

I've had failures with Alta HR, Blaze and now Versa.  I love my Fitbits, but I need a device that I can count on to work each day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What do you think the problem is? Are there many people having this problem as well?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa is working.  I can take steps and see the update in my iPhone app.  However, the screen is black.  Searching through this message board and other sites, it appears that many people have similar problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any chance of talking in general on this problem? Been searching trying to fimd the awnser to this problem and this is the closest i got.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called Fitbit.  The Versa needs to be replaced.  I'm sending them the broken one and they will then send me a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
There really isn’t an answerto it Fitbit told me to reset my watch and see if that fixes it but it didn’t xx I eventually gave up I can see if I still have the emails from them and forward them to u if u like sorry couldn’t be more help xx

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
The only solution should be to warn your family & friends that are
considering this watch to buy literally anything else other than the Versa!
--
Jamie
Best Answer

I also got the same display issue on my Versa since this morning. Not sure what is going on with these firnwafi updates

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did not need to send mine back just gave me the new watch part.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes