Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is not recognizing my exercises

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just upgraded from Alta HR to Versa ... can’t get used to it. It’s not auto recognizing my walks? Walks aren’t automatically going on to my activity like they normally would with the HR.

When I bike ride it isn’t saying the mph just says zero ... the Versa looks a lot nicer. But don’t get why it’s not doing the stuff the HR does. Considering it’s dearer and better.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

It's great to see you here @Sinead93.

I would like to know if you keep having issues registering your exercises with your Versa? Can you tell me how are you logging your activities? In the meantime, I recommend restarting your watch and then test it. Also if you can provide me with a screenshot of your information would be great, you just need to follow the instructions provided in this post to attach an image.

Remember that if your watch isn't recognizing your activities, you can always manually log your exercises by doing the steps provided in the How do I manually log an activity or exercise? article.

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi ya I did reset my watch. It won’t automatically pick up my walk. I have to do it manually on the exercise setting every time I walk. Which I find really annoying. As The Alta hr would always pick up I have walked straight away. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem too! it will be stupid to require us to activate manually 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  It recognized elliptical once, did elliptical for 40 minutes yesterday and only recognized activity.

Best Answer

The same thing is happening to me. My issue is a tiny bit different. When I first got the versa it did automatically recognize my activity. I stopped using it for approximately a mont and then it stopped giving me credit for being active in a day. What’s worse is it does recognize my active minutes but it won’t say I had an active day and won’t count it towards my active days goal. I agree it’s pretty annoying that I would have to manually enter that in the app when I thought I got the latest and greatest Fitbit.

Best Answer

I got the Versa because it was suppose to auto detect activity.  Has this been solved?  I’ve had it for a couple months and manually tracking. If I forget to manually do it, no credit!  Is this the way it’s suppose to be?

Best Answer

I have the same issue, specifically does not recognize exercise on elliptical which HR did automatically 😞  Did anyone find a resolution to this issue????

Best Answer

Hello @Vanessazen, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to go to the Fitbit app and tap on the Exercise Tile, then tap on the gear icon on the top right and tap on "Elliptical", make sure that auto-recognized is enabled. Now, if you haven't done it yet, please restart your Versa by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen.

After that, check your Versa and let us know if you're still having trouble with auto-recognize activities. 

Happy stepping! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Ever since I've started working out at the gym, my Versa will not recognize my workouts. I use the Arc trainer, and it registers my elevated heart rate, but won't recognize the activity. I have to enter it manually, which is frustrating because it doesn't add in the heart rate info. Very annoying.

Best Answer

I have the same problem - I have several exercises denoted as "auto-recognize" in the app, but it never picks up any of them.  Walking in particular is annoying as I don't want my battery to drain, and if I manually start a walk on the Versa it uses GPS, which drains my battery.

Best Answer

Why should I have to manually log my exorcise when the versa is supposed to do it - that's what i paid for and you just want people to not get what they paid for?

Best Answer

Same here very disappointing 

Best Answer

Still having this issue and walk and elliptical are set as auto recognize 

Best Answer

Having the same issue, only my app recognized it a day later! So today it registered the walk from yesterday.

Best Answer

I purchased my Versa 2 in May 2020 and its now September 2020  and I am recognizing the same issue.  Active Minutes are not being logged. I realize this happens often when I bike every weekend to work.  I'm usually rushing out of the house and don't remember to always log my (20-30 min) bike rides and doing it after the fact defeats the purpose as I don't get metrics that I would if it did automatically. I hope there is a fix provided by Fitbit.

Best Answer

I’ve had this since December 2019 and it has incorrectly logged elliptical once (I was pushing my son on a swing while standing still) and once it started tracking a walk already into a walk. If I forget to manually start an activity and add it later it removes steps - which is ridiculous because the information is already there (heart rate and steps because I’ve been wearing the watch the whole time). So many issues with this watch and the app. If I have to manually add it, I should be able to note if I was wearing the watch at the time of exercise so it can use that info and not override it. Moreso, I shouldn’t have to manually add or start any of this. That’s the point of this expensive watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I bought my Versa 2 in September 2019 automatic walks recognition worked perfectly, everything stopped working sometime in the Summer 2020. I’ve checked every setting, I have auto detection on, I even changed settings to auto detect walk after 10 minutes, instead of 15, yet it still doesn’t work. I restarted my watch several times, unpaired and paired again, uninstalled the app from my phone, installed it back on, still nothing. Is there any solution to this? Any update to help solve the problem on the way? Please!

Best Answer

Did anyone ever get a solution to this? I just bought a Versa 3 for !!!$350!!!!! And it is not auto recognising my exercise. I refuse to accept this as that is what my charge 3 did no problem, this was meant to be an EXPENSIVE upgrade?? Not a backwards step? I refuse to manually log a walk. I have supported fitbit since 2015 and this machine is THE WORST I have ever had in terms of getting it to work like it’s meant to! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The first Fitbit Versa died when I was swimming - first swim ever.  Kindly Fitbit sent me a new watch without charge because mine was still under warranty.  That was 2 years ago and recently I picked up swimming again.  For the first week it logged my swims accurately including time and distance.  the past two weeks, it stopped recording my swims.  I swim for 1 hour but the tracker picks up moderate activity for 10 minutes and then a swim for 17 minutes.  It has not even tracked the entire hour.  My sleep scores are always off.  I sleep 7 to 8 hours and it shows about 6 or so hours mostly interrupted for 10-20 minutes at a time.  I have to manually adjust the times every morning because it records the wrong start time to my sleep.  I have had it with Fitbit.  Nice watch but useless if it can't do what it is meant to do especially at such an inflated price point.  Won't be buying Fitbit again!

Best Answer