Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Versa is saying not charging - not enough power at the source. Have tried on a laptop, desktop, USB plug and USB plug socket. Anyone else having the same issue? Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294

I did the factory reset but that really did not help. It does the same no matter how I charge it. It gives you the error message but charges very slowly in the background. Mine took 14 hours to get from 50% to fully charged. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not impressed with the support team as they keep fobbing me off... no resolve to give. They just need to send me a new charger!

Best Answer
0 Votes

come on fitbit lets not have a note 7 debacle....

Best Answer
0 Votes

same thing here. called they told me to s3nd a video of it not charging. are you serious? why would we say its not charging. im probably just going to return mine. they said the systems showing its the charging port but ive used 4 different ones. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay ladies I found that my iPhone usb connect outlet thing will not charge the versa. But my Samsung usb will. Try another usb and maybe that will clear it up (: 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately my Samsung does not 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get the same not charging message, but my watch charges and very quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

im using the samsung box and no. they tried to tell me it was the plug i was using but ive tried 2 plugs at my house, 1 in my car, and 2 at someone else's  house. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also sent a video. I feel that they are buying for time till they get some replacements to send out. When I spoke to the person via chat they had none to send out

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have factory reset my Versa as directed by fitbit and it has still got exactly the same problem. I have tried multiple chargers as well, so I am almost certain it is a problem with the charging cradle. I want to talk to someone but for some reason, I can't find the chat feature on the support website. Really not happy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried more than one cradle?  Does your watch charge?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only have the cradle the watch came with. It took 8 hours last night for it to give the watch a 30 percent increase in charge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Strange.  I get the same error message but my watch charges without an issue.  I purchased it at Best Buy today.  I guess I will return it and hope I get a cradle that does not have an issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit are sending me out a replacement device. I need to send this one back. I was sure it was a charger issue, guess we will see when I get the new device!

Best Answer

glad they are resolving it for you. I have been told by tech support that it is going to take them two days to review the problem! Ridiculous!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

Thanks for your updated about this issue. I am glad to hear that for some of you this issue has been resolved and will receive a replacement. At the moment of receiving it, you can do the following from your Fitbit app to set it up:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Now for the ones that are working with our support team, I appreciate your patience while this gets resolved. Keep an eye on your inbox for any reply from them. And the ones that keep having issues, I would like to know what troubleshoot have you tried so far or if you have contacted support too?

If you experience anything else, let me know. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue!! I am so frustrated. I have tried to plug it into my laptop, usb outlet into all different walls. I have tried to restart it, realign it, etc. Any guidance??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Report it to the support team. They are replacing my device so they must think that its not the charger at fault. Waiting for a postage lable so that I can return it. I agree it is frustrating and such a long winded process to get it sorted. Hope you get it sorted soon 🙂

Best Answer

Update.  I returned my watch to Best Buy last night.  Set-up the new watch and experienced the same "not enough power detected" issue.  But my watch did charge.  I'm not sure what to do at this point.  I am tired of the entire install process.  I have done it three times now.  I'm not going to do anything for a few days to see if the issue continues.  Good luck to all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I just got my Versa and I was having a similar problem, except that it wouldn't charge at all! Anyway, I contacted support, but I got tired of waiting for a response and my fitbit was almost dead (I've had it for an hour or so by now) so with the help of my partner we figured out what was wrong... The cradles are certainly faulty. Luckily, I could hobble something together to get it to charge. I can't figure out how to post an image here, but basically if you can exert a little bit of force along the axis of the cable it's enough to make a connection. I just used some scotch tape to press the dongle into my charging block a little bit harder and it made the connection enough to charge.... I don't know if this will help those of you with the "not enough power at source" problem, but it can't hurt.

Best Answer
0 Votes