Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Versa is saying not charging - not enough power at the source. Have tried on a laptop, desktop, USB plug and USB plug socket. Anyone else having the same issue? Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294

got same problem and make me really frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

its def the cradle. had to buy a new box because mine wasnt working. all i kept getting from fb was its the plug im using. no, its the equipment you sent me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Support seem to think its the pebble bit (watch) so I have to return it and wait for them to send me a new one. I think its the charger. So watch (pardon the pun) this space. If it is the charger I will not be impressed. I logged my Issue with fitbit on Saturday and only got the returns lable last night! A bit slow me thinks... good luck with all yours 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I had the same issue yesterday when plugged in my versa for the first time. It says not enough power in source but I plugged charger into power bank afterwards and charging was completed to 100%.

If you have power bank maybe you can thy this solution.

Best Answer

Having similar problems with my new Versa - have tried four different USB outlets (that all work when charging other devices) and no joy - the Versa is not even registering that it’s connected to a charger.

i did get some progress by lifting both the straps up (so that they’re above the watch face) - it looks like the release levers on the strap are stopping the connection from being made? Anyway, with it like this it’s only intermittently failing to charge.

Not great - this is the third model of Fitbit I've had, and charging is a problem with all of them.

Best Answer

I just got mine today and it's not charging either. There appears to be a short in the cord. I called Fitbit 877-623-4997 they're telling me to return it and & a replacement will be sent in 2 weeks due to back orders. Wth

Best Answer
0 Votes

done that and still not working at all

Best Answer
0 Votes

i had contact the customer service and they said that it couldnt charge cause by the defect charger. they will sent the new one within 2 weeks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guaranteed that my replacement will be overnighted

Best Answer

I have also been contacted by customer support who have told me that my charger will be replaced. Only problem is that they have said it will be shipped by the end of May! utter joke!

Best Answer
0 Votes

They are telling people different things. I have sent my fitbit off and I am not getting a new charger... this does not make sense at all 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased one today and it will not charge 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought a new versa today and after the set up I have no charge , no icon or anything .....my charging port doesn't work at all plugging it into any location. I upgraded from the Charge 2 to this and i was so excited but already an issue the first day 😞 I may return it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been reading this thread because my wife is having the same issues. Very poor quality control. I think we're just going to return it to Amazon and maybe try the Apple Watch. This really should work out of the box without a million resets and having to try various chargers. Fitbit should truly be ashamed of this situation. In fact, she bought this device to replace another FitBit which had quit holding a charge after only ten months of use. Pathetic. 

Best Answer

I am facing the same problem- I got it from amazon and don’t know how to send them back -/ they should check the charging dock before sending to the customer 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you post a image or send me on Vivekbhartia@gmail.com - will appreciate it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have spoken to fitbit support about five times since encountering this problem. After a long conversation yesterday in which I was told that they could not improve on the amount of time it would take to send out a replacement charger (over a month). I was offered the choice of sending the whole thing back to them and receiving a new model, this in itself would take over two weeks and I would have to go to the effort of repackaging and sending off my fitbit at the local DHL office (which is half an hour away). So i decided to just order a new charger from Amazon, this arrived today and actually works! Fitbit said they would not reimburse me the expense of this but that they would still send out a replacement charger in a month. So long story short, its the charger. I'm just glad to get it sorted. It has taken the shine off what I think is a great product, because the customer support has been so poor.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe I should have done the same thing! Now I have to wait for a new one to be sent and no doubt I will need to order a charger when it arrives.. I really hope I do not. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully they will work out that it's not a problem with the watch and send it back with a new charger. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

how about fitbit blaze charger? can it used for versa? 

Best Answer
0 Votes