Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Versa is saying not charging - not enough power at the source. Have tried on a laptop, desktop, USB plug and USB plug socket. Anyone else having the same issue? Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294

Yes, I'm having the same issue. Fitbit Support is emailing me telling me to try things I've already tried, clean, reboot, try a new USB port, make sure it's positioned correctly. Nothing is working. I've had the Versa less than a week and have yet to be able to charge it. Either this gets fixed or I'm returning the Versa. So frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I took mines back to Best Buy and the replacement works perfect

Nyree
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
No it you cannot use a different Fitbit charger

Nyree
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got mine today and it's been charging since 3 PM and it's now 11.  Is less charged now than taking out of the box.   I've done the shut down to no avail.  Guess I wished I'd have come on here before I bought mine.  Now I'll be dealing with either support or just returning.  But my hassle is the store is 40 miles away.   

Not pleased.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am thinking of contacting the CEO as I am not getting any responses to my emails now!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I took mines back to Best Buy and the new one is working perfectly

Nyree
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I too, am having the same issue. The Versa has been nothing but problems since I attempted to set it up the first day and nothing would load. I'm not sure where Fitbit failed in their testing, but this has been the biggest mess I've ever had it with any product. I am returning mine

Best Answer
0 Votes
You should probably take it back and get another Versa. Once exchanged it has worked perfect

Nyree
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am glad to hear it, waiting for my replacement from  fitbit so hopefully my new one when I get it will be the same. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My one charges okay from a USB 5 Port Charger.

The only thing is it never says "Charged" just "Charging" and thus am never sure if the charge process has really completed. It could just be tacky programming (like the clock display ignoring the time format set in the app e.g. 24hr format).

Has charging completed?Has charging completed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I send mine back the day after I got it and was promised that the replacement would be sent within 2 days off then receiving it...... THAT WAS A LIE. They received it on Wednesday (I confirmed) now they're telling me that I should receive it a week later and I'm supposed to start a big challenge TOMORROW.

THIS IS MY FIRST FITBIT and it's not looking good at all. I've used other brands that lasted for years with no issues. I never had to charge the device, it never went out and I never had issues.

This is ridiculous! The fact that they keeps treating this like it's a rare issue is extremely irritating and insulting. There are too many ppl having the same experience!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this same problem. Tried several Samsung power adapters and USB ports. It initially says it is charging but after a few seconds I get the "Not enough power detected" message. It isn't trickle charging either so after a few hours in the charger it completely ran out of power.

After reading this forum it appeared to me that there is a general problem with the charger so I chatted with support. They had me restart the Versa and that didn't help. I told them that there were a lot of reports on this forum about the same problem. They ended the troubleshooting attempts at that point and are sending me a new charger, 1 to 2 week delivery.

I decided to take the charge apart to see if there were loose wires or to see if I could see why the voltage would be low. Upon opening the charger, I learned that there is no circuitry in the unit it is just a straight USB cable wired to the 4 contacts in the base of the charger. A USB cable should deliver 5 volts power. I put my multi-meter on it and low and behold, this cable is only delivering about 4 volts electricity for some reason. I soldered in an old phone USB cable I had laying around and attached the Versa. Bingo, it started charging and no more message about not enough power. I can now charge my Versa while I wait for the replacement charger to arrive.

So, it appears some Versas have been packaged with bad USB cables. If you are experiencing this problem, you should contact support and request a new charger.

Good luck.

Best Answer

So it is likely that the replacement watch will not solve the problem then.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After several hours of messing around I’ve established that I can get the charger to work, but only by using one specific USB port in my laptop. It doesn’t work with any other ports on the laptop, or with USB mains plugs (Apple, Samsung or a charging dock that I have, and that is a 2.1A output). I can only deduce that there’s something amiss with the charger. FitBit now want me to video the problem occurring, which I’ll do, but is a real faff.

Best Answer
0 Votes

could u show it how to fix this charger? perhaps post it on youtube? it’s gonna be very helpfull

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went through all that!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here and I've only had the thing for about 4 hours. Haven't yet heard back from customer support. My first experience with fitbit isn't turning out so great. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just been looking at the design of the charging cradle and I note you can put the Fitbit in the wrong way round.

This seems to make the charging pins possibly shorting out on the back of the Fitbit.

Has anyone perhaps put their one in the wrong way round and if yes perhaps that damaged the cradle or usb cable (if it has any protection built in).

I only tried it with the USB unplugged, perhaps someone with test equipment could check if it is a possible issue?

Best Answer

Likely it will resolve this problem if Fitbit finally recognizes the root cause and has corrected the problem and doesn't ship out a lot containing another bad charger.

Best Answer
0 Votes