Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Versa is saying not charging - not enough power at the source. Have tried on a laptop, desktop, USB plug and USB plug socket. Anyone else having the same issue? Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294

I returned my watch to The Source where I purchased it and exchanged it for a different one. I also tested the new watch and charger before I left the store, something we all should do if buying from a retailer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was not the case for me. The USB connector or the wire itself is bad. The charger base worked fine for me once I wired in a USB wire from an old phone.

I suspect there a lot of these still in the supply chain, that is why so many people are getting bad ones. Fitbit should let Support know so that they don't give everybody who gets a bad one the run around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Received new charger and it is charging no issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem and i have only had it for two days 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So frustrated with my Fitbit Versa! I started having problems with it after I couldn’t return it from where I bought it from (Best Buy). I reached out to Fitbit and they told me to try a different charging port and to restart it and that did absolutely nothing. Reached out again and they’re sending me another charger. Still waiting to receive said charger. The tracking number says it will be here on Saturday. Meanwhile my battery is at 23%. This is my fourth Fitbit and I have to say after this one I will not be purchasing another one. If I could return it I would! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Were you able to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I returned the watch and exchanged it the following day ! A lot of the charging cables have either defective internal wiring or faulty USB connectors.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Did your charger arrive and is it working? I've been given the option of a new charger or replace the whole thing. Only snag is they've told me it's on a 2-3 week back order! Not sure what to do. Feeling quite disillusioned. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m still waiting for my replacement charger from Fitbit, but I bought a cheapo one off amazon to tide me over and it works fine - was only about £6 and now I have a spare.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No my charger hasn’t arrived yet. It was suppose to arrive today but now it won’t be arriving until Saturday. I’m really hoping that it will work and I will stop having these issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, hope you are doing fine.

I am glad to see here that some of you will receive a new charging cable, I hope that works out for you so you can start to enjoy your Fitbit Versa.

For the ones that still having issues, have you get in touch with our support team, have they offer you a solution?

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Alexandra, the only solution your support team has offered has been to make
people jump through all sorts of hoops only to end up promising them a new
charger - which folks here in this forum have been asking for from the
beginning because they have already done the legwork in identifying the
exact problem. I was promised a new charger and then that was reneged upon
and I was then asked to spend further time and money shipping my fitbit
device back to you for "investigation". Fitbit needs to ADDRESS this
problem, own it, and resolve it instead of making your customers do weeks
of work for you. Unbelievable and quite disappointing.
Best Answer

I have to say I’m glad the store I purchased my watch at exchanged it the following day! I actually quoted this and other forums that I had searched concerning the Versa! There is no excuse for such poor quality control in this day and age. Especially for something like a USB plug or cord which is a product that has been manufactured by multiple companies since 1996!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought mine today. I'm not dealing with the hassle,  I'll return it tomorrow and get a refund,  go a different route.  Have been having charger issue since I took it out of package and this was last one store had in stock.  Such a shame a company would operate like this.  😡

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called Fitbit and they sent me a replacement cradle it came within 3 days
and works great
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have created a twitter account just to speak to Fitbit, which I think is poor anyway. I received a message asking me what they could do to help me. I've explained I purchased a new fitbit versa today and it will not charge, I have tried various methods. and guess what - no reply. no response, or anything. I have tried a few times to contact them, no reply. Very annoyed at the services when ive paid so much for the watch already. I also had the fitbit charge 2 and never had this trouble. Why would service and the quality be worse with a more expensive item???? It is disgusting service!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning, I recently received my Versa (via Amazon), it came on only one time and then nothing ever since. I have tried charging it via wall charger and lap top, end results nothing. Is it the charger or is it the Versa? Should I send it back? I didn't have this problem with my Blaze. Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned mine and got money back. It's the charger and they refuse to fix
the issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It more than likely the charger is faulty. It will be quicker to return it to Amazon for a replacement than to deal with Fitbit. The ISB connection is faulty. 

Best Answer