Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Versa is saying not charging - not enough power at the source. Have tried on a laptop, desktop, USB plug and USB plug socket. Anyone else having the same issue? Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294

Thank you for your input. I ordered another charger, it is due to arrive on Wednesday. So this will be my deciding factor on what the next step will be. I'm crossing my fingers that the new charger will fix the problem. I'll keep you posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I took mine straight back to the shop I bought it from after talking to fitbit customer support. They replaced it immediately with another one. Delivered same day because they didn't have in-store. But I've been able to charge it soon as I plugged it in. Return and see if you can get another one

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted fitbit. They siax take it back to store i purchased it and get a replacement. It was replaced same day.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just switched from 2 years with a Charge HR, that I only took off to shower and charge it about every 4 days. I’ve been wearing Fitbit since the first one came out and have loved each one of them as new technology and designs have become available.  I got the Versa from my kids for Mother’s Day but not liking as well. Maybe it too much technology for me, but I don’t feel it’s very user friendly and I haven’t gotten thru a full 2 days without needing to charge it. Is it bc there are apps running and it’s constantly on WiFi or searching? I would hope the battery life was designed to keep up with the technology...so I need advice or a new Fitbit. I still am within the return policy, so I need to figure it out soon or I’ll be sending it back. Please advise?

PS I also was given 37,000 steps the other day which is impossible for me, but no idea how it happened!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no sign of my replacement charger that Fitbit promised me would be dispatched in “2-3 weeks” - that was four weeks ago.

Pretty shoddy attempt at customer service.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,I've been waiting just over 2 weeks now. If it doesn't arrive soon, or work when it arrives, then my Fitbit will also be returned and related with a far cheaper version

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having problems charging my versa. tried everything that has been suggested and notning. Will charge for a few minutes then stops saying not enough power from this source and then won't charge. battery has completely run out now and charge at all. have emailed fitbit and still waiting a reply 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I received my replacement charger yesterday and it works perfect now. finally I can charge my fitbit!
Best Answer
0 Votes
This sounds like the problem I had. I rewired mine and it worked. In my
case, it was a bad USB conector as there is no circuitry in the charger
itself.

Call or chat with customer support and tell them you have one of the bad
chargers and they should ship one out to you. In my case it took a couple
of weeks to get it as they were back ordered. Luckily I was able to rewire
mine while I waited.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. I have had my Versa since 4/14/2018  this year and i found out a few annoying things. First off, the cradle doesn't allow you to charge the versa if you have one of those protective rubber skins. You have to take it out. 

Second off, its touchy so it may say it can't charge but will. Other times nothing shows but when you check it later, it is charged.

Finely 3rd and the reason i won't be buying another fitbit is that the contacts on the bottom have already worn off from less than a few months of use. My versa would not charge and i found that one of the 4 contact pins had worn halfway off and has buildup of residue. Probably sweat. I used a q-tip to clean it and was then able to charge it but i have to struggle to seat it in the poorly designed adapter. The straps work against the charger by pushing it off. This design obviously was not field tested very well by Fitbit.

I hate to post such negative reviews but after the auto text reply issue which i also fixed on my own and now this, I'm finding thay my old Pebble Steel will make a triumphant return to my wrist.

It would have been a better option to have put the contacts on the side or heck, even the front of the watch with a magnetic charger like Pebble. That or just some rubber flap to protect it. At this rate, i fear in another month or so, my $200+ Fitbit Versa will become useless, unable to charge. A fitness tracker that can't hold up to fitness. 

And note, i don't wear it in a pool while swimming nor in the shower. Just daily everyday use. I even don't wear it while sleeping to avoid rolling on it.

What im doing now is cutting the protector for easy off and on and then put clear tape over the cutout for the charging hole so its protected whil on my wrist. Hopefully this keeps it alive.

Pics included to show what i mean. Cheers. Tape over protector to protect the pinsTape over protector to protect the pins

Left charging pin worn off alreadyLeft charging pin worn off already

Cut protector for easy off for charging.Cut protector for easy off for charging.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Besides the charging pins being super thin and easy to corrode, the charging cradle is designed terribly. The straps push the Fitbit away from the cradle so what you could try is to put it in the cradle and then kay the fitbit face down so the straps dont push against anything. See if that lets it charge. Watch the percentage. My Fitbit will go from 88% to 100% in maybe 15 to 20min. Its annoying but not as annoying as the contacts wearing off like mine have. I can barely charge it now. My first and last Fitbit for sure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem with me!!! Looks like a faulty batch. Wherever I plug in it says not enough power..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've only have my Versa since June 2018 and starting today it will not hold a charge. My watch died on me mid day. Got home charged my Versa, restarted it, cleaned it, and the charge slowly draining as I type and I'm sitting in a chair smh. I initially loved the Versa but after reading about all the problems I'm feeling disappointed. The app is not working properly. What's really going on with the Fitbit Versa? I will be returning the watch and hopefully I can get another soon. I enjoy tracking and posting my workouts. 

Best Answer

My Versa charges in the cradle but essentially needs charged every night, so I’m not getting the benefits of the sleep app, plus I can not charge it on my nightstand by my phone, bc my small oscillating fan causes the Versa to detect steps (LOTS OF STEPS!)! Not being able to charge it by my phone ends up resulting in me forgetting to put it on (I was use to my Charge HR getting charged every 4-5 days). My Versa will also tell me someone is calling, when that person actually called me an hour or two before that. I’m hoping that Fitbit is working diligently on rectifying all these glitches and making all of us “disappointed customers” happy. I’ve always had an iPhone and seriously considered an Apple Watch this time, but have been happy with Fitbit til I got this Versa. Fitbit will need to step it up if they want to compete with Apple. I will continue to follow this blog in hopes of getting answers from Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so disappointed with all the issues in such a short time. Hopefully I will get a response that will be a satisfactory solution to all the issues Versa is having. Cost too much to be having so many issues. Maybe a recall is appropriate. 

Best Answer
Apple has too many restrictions i  the new OS so i doubt Fitbit can make a fix. I have a versa for my Android Samsung Galaxy 8s. I had to fiddle with the security settings for the fitbit app, messenger and notifications app as well as the phone app itself. It worked fine after all that. Then the charging contacts wore off from regular use and had to send it in. They recieved it and had it for 15 days and kept telling me they never got it till i proved it with the tracking number. Only then did they send a replacement which i still have not gotten.
My girlfriends Alta got an update and it bricked her fitbit. I was able to restore it but after, the battery life went from 4 or 5 days to less than a day of battery. Over course its out of warranty so i had to buy her an Alta HR.
The versa is my first and last Fitbit. This fiasco has lost them a customer. I went back to my Pebble Steel which ironically they bought and cancelled/destroyed their company. I am now using my Pebble Steel and found a way to make it work and it still has auto reply and everything the other fitbits struggle to get working.
I wanted to like Fitbit, i truely did but this is just sad. I figured out how to make my versa work and shared with the community and helped a lot of people but unfortunately i was unable to get it working on my work phone which is a Iphone 7. Apple locks down too much and so the app and device cant seem to get access to push notifications. At least not yet.Sorry. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Dont hold your breath.

Best Answer
0 Votes

TheBarron...OMG!! THE HORROR! Money back  or a new watch, I've only had it 2 1/2 months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am being sent a replacement for the defected watch and it is out for delivery today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just got my replacement and had to fight with the pairing before i finely got it working auto reply/notifications and all. 
I had to clear my old versa from blue tooth and remove its profile from the fitbit app. Then i had it pairing but not showing etc. I did a phone reboot and and then pairing finely worked. I have modified my protective case for it so my sweat doesn't break down the contact and hopefully i get a good 3 years out of it.

Best Answer
0 Votes