Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen Won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So the screen wont turn on, but I know the watch is on based on the app (it shows my battery level being medium). Also, on the back there's a flickering of both green and red lights. I've tried charging it and restarting it but nothing happens. Any ideas on how I can fix it? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I would try restarting it few more times to see if that helps. Other than that you only have a few options left to try.

You could let the battery die and then try charging it to see if the screen comes on. 

Then there is a hardware factory reset which you can perform following the steps below. 

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This will trigger the 2-button hardware restart after about eight seconds.

- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, whilst continuing to hold the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.

- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.

- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If none of these work your only choice will be to contact customer support

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

I would try restarting it few more times to see if that helps. Other than that you only have a few options left to try.

You could let the battery die and then try charging it to see if the screen comes on. 

Then there is a hardware factory reset which you can perform following the steps below. 

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This will trigger the 2-button hardware restart after about eight seconds.

- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, whilst continuing to hold the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.

- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.

- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If none of these work your only choice will be to contact customer support

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
The watch restarted with the 3 button combination. Thanks for the help!
Best Answer

Hey @Caaneelaa, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Is the screen of your Versa turning on now? Did the tips that @N8teGee suggested, helped you out? If not, let me know and I will continue assisting you. 

I'll be around! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hey @Caaneelaa, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Is the screen of your Versa turning on now? Did the tips that @N8teGee suggested, helped you out? If not, let me know and I will continue assisting you. 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer

The three button didn't help either

Best Answer

Hey @beefsthunder, I hope you are doin' great! Thanks for trying to restart your Versa to turn it on. Let me ask you this, is it your Versa completely dead or when you plug it into the charging cable, can you see that is charging? 

I'll be around so please let me know! 

Best Answer
The display doesn't work. Everything else does. No it doesn't show
charging!! But everything is syncing to my app so the versa is working
just can't use the display
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey man! It did work, I thought the display had stopped working, but it's working now. Thanks for the help guys

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information @beefsthunder! Since your Versa display won't turn on, I have escalated your case to our Support team so they can further assist you, so please keep an eye on your inbox. 

@Caaneelaa, sounds good that your Versa is working again. 😉 I appreciate the update. 

Keep me posted guys! 

Best Answer

HI! My fitbit Versa was working fine. Yesterday the screen went blank, i tried rebooting post seeing all options on the discussion forum. It is currently working as the sync with my Samsung happens everytime I try. However, the screen is still black. I am unable to see anything at all. Additionally, I do not know how to track my workouts now. This is a huge challenge as the versa is linked to my fitness studio also. I have also tried changing the clock face as pressing all 3 buttons or just two buttons as advised in the forum to restart and reboot. Nothing worked. I sent an email to customer support with an image of the versa screen.

Please help on an urgent basis.

Best Answer
I contacted customer support via chat and they ended up sending me a new
one. I believe to the monitor is a big issue with this tracker!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for sharing this.makes me indeed feel better and hopeful of a resolution. 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @beefsthunder, I hope you are doin' great! I appreciate the time you have taken to contact our Support team. And sounds great that they have replaced the previous one and get you back on track. 

@SunsetRunner, I'm pretty sure that our team will find a solution for this. 😉 Keep me updated!

I'll be around! 

Best Answer

I have the black screen issue, as well.  Once I was able to get it back on with a charging sync.  Then a second time 1 day later now, nothing.  I also tried the factory reset 3 times, nothing.  The unit still records and bluetooth updates my samsung, but only a black screen.  It's less than 18 months old.  Any new tricks?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Haven't had a versa since it stopped working. Sworn off Fitbit....Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa screen is also black. I tried the 2-button reset a few times...no luck.

I did the 3-button factory reset many times...no luck.

The Dashboard cannot link to the tracker.

The battery shows half-charge, but will not charge any more.

This will be a year old on Mother's Day.

Please advise.

Best Answer

Mine has a zero percent icon when you try to reset.  It won't charge, reset or doing anything. App shows medium battery. Will be returning today 😢. Tried everything.  Very disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi so my versa was working all day but suddenly the screen stopped working I try to restarted it but it didn’t work. I charge it and it did nothing as well. I am getting notifications because it vibrates what can i do ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is exactly what happened to me yesterday, my battery was low, so I charged my watch and it synced when I took it of charge. It showed that it was fully charged and later the evening the screen was not responding. I tried everything with no response and now it is not syncing anymore. What else can I try?

Best Answer
0 Votes