Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen corrupted

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi fitbit community,

This morning my Fitbit Versa started showing a very bright white background behind the clock face, despite working correctly this morning. I have not bumped or dropped the unit, nor has it been exposed to thermal extremes or moisture. It is bright enough to prevent me from reading any content. 

The white patch is located at the centre of the screen and is approximately 75 % of the total screen area. A thin grey shadow borders this, occupying about 15 % of the total screen area. When the unit is not actively displaying anything (clock or apps), the screen is black as it should be. My Versa is still monitoring activity, can synchronise with my phone, and my app is up to date. I have performed a factory reset several times, but the white patch persists. I have photos of the screen issue, but do not know how to attach them to this post.

Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @justjulia, great to welcome you and @NellyG thanks for the input.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this issue. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Keep me posted. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

As the Factory resets have not helped you will need to contact Support (link in my signature)

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hey @justjulia, great to welcome you and @NellyG thanks for the input.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this issue. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Keep me posted. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I am having the same issue!all of a sudden on Monday 9/17/18 in the evening this was happening charged it, rebooted and no change! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa just did the same yesterday, white screen with some colors but that is it??? Help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I initiated a chat with a fitibit employee, they had be reboot the Versa while video'ing it and then I emailed them the video they reviewed and determined defective and sent me a new one right away.  Have you tried to reboot it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi  all, I'm having the same issue, white screen on my fitbit. Was there a solution suggested that I may have missed? I'm still under my warranty so I was thinking of returning it to best buy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@K-Harris Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Versa since its display is not working properly.

Please restart your Versa as described in this help article. This will refresh your tracker internally. Once you've done this, try changing the clock face to one that is developed by Fitbit. Finally, monitor the display behavior and let me know if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks @JuanJoFitbit 

Restarted and refreshed internally three times... even tried changing the clock face to a Fitbit developed face. The display looks fine at first, but within seconds it fades out to white. I was hoping Fitbit had pushed an update to fix this issue by now... but it seems to be mechanical and not software driven.

I called Tech Support and they helped me request a replacement...

Praying I don't get yet another defective Fitbit Versa; I have workouts to track! 🙂 

Best Answer

@K-Harris I'm so glad to hear that our Support team sent you a replacement unit. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there, 

Unfortunately, my Fitbit started to do the same thing described above from the other user. I have not bumped/ dropped it nor has it been exposed to water, moisture, or extreme temperatures. Was a solution ever discovered to repair the Fitbit Versa? I’ve tried resetting it several times now. I still only see a black or bright white screen. 

Any insight would be helpful! 

Thanks, 

Natalie 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nrenkes I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'd like to welcome you to our Fitbit Community.

Regarding the screen issues that your Versa is experiencing, I appreciate the time spent trying the reset process before contacting our forums.

I'd like you to try one more workaround that has been helpful. Please try changing the clock face to one developed by Fitbit and see if the issue gets fixed.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Morning... They ended up sending me a new Versa. (Just the face without the bands).

I was told they didn't have a fix for it yet...

Good luck!😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

They did the same for me. I now have an apple watch, so i don't use this anymore, except for on occasion i use it for sleep tracking. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The middle of my Fitbit Versa screen is graying out and difficult to se . I have not dropped or damaged the watch. I have restated the versa but it's still difficult to read. I just bought it in March. One should think it should still work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A couple of days ago my fitbit versa started doing the same thing but it would start working again.  I have had a number of fitbits through the years but this is something that has never happened before and it seems strange that it is happening to so many users at around the same time.  Today my fitbit got the same white burst and has now stopped working completely.    I see the title of this post says screen corrupted but is there a fix I can do or do I have to follow up with customer service??

Best Answer
0 Votes
I personally had to follow up with customer service. I couldn’t find a fix
anywhere for it
--

Natalie Renkes

UNLV Geoscience Department

MS Graduate Student
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response.  I called customer service and they took care of the problem immediately.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any resolution? 

My Versa went 'black screen' this morning - no adverse event. Still syncs and collects data. Factory reboot shows grayness but no logo display. 

Online chat reckons it is unfixable and I should just buy a new one... (14 months since purchase)

Best Answer
0 Votes