Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa still too big for small wrists?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was super excited to hear about the Versa.  But after looking at the size don't think it's going to work out.  My husband has the Blaze and it is huge on me. I have super small wrists and I think this is still going to be too big.  *Sigh*

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

It will be interesting to see how long the strap is on the versa. I suspect that a replacement strap will be necessary for those of us with small wrists. Thanks for the hint about getting a milanese style replacement strap. 

I'm in agreement with you that it will look large but  hopefully not too large to use. I've tried on a charge which didn't work at all. I've also tried on a small apple watch 3 which is a similar size to the versa. I think the apple watch is smaller by 1 mm but suspect the apple watch will be thicker and bulkier. The apple watch still looked large, but generally a lot better than the charge, especially when I put on a different strap. I thought the apple watch felt a bit heavy and think that's something we need to take into account. I believe the versa is being marketed as a lighter fitbit and it has a 4 day charge as well so it looks a good option. I'll wait until I can try one on to see if it's suitable but I'm cautiously hopeful.

Good luck with finding a strap and thanks for the info.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the advice as I will wait to try the Versa on my small wrist to see if it'll make me upgrade from my Charge 2!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Lea7 !  I totally feel you about the size of the Versa as I have petite wrists and not really a big fan of those huge face watches that seem to be trending.  All of the stores I've looked at that carry Fitbits, they're all in cases and cannot be tried on. When the Blaze came out, I went to check it out in store and it indeed it looks too huge for me.  Based on the measurements and some photos I've seen on the internet, the Versa face size seems pretty similar to that of the Apple Watch.  Those you can try on just about anywhere.  The Apple Watch still is bigger than I'd like, but since it's more sleek looking than the Blaze (less angles) I think I might be ok with it.

If it gives you any perspective on my wrist size, I wear the Alta with the small band and you can see 3 remaining holes on the band when I have it on (if that makes any sense) - and it fits snugly on my wrist.  The length of the Alta spans more than 75% of the top of my wrist but still looks 'discreet'.

Both Fitbit and Best Buy offer a 30-45 money back guarantee even if the box is opened (they say no restocking fee).  I've been eyeing the 'smartwatch' type of tracker for years and so I think I'm just gonna take the plunge and order one. 

I do love the Alta though.  If you're not currently a Fitbit owner, I would highly recommend it as a starting off point.  It has the time and you can view your steps, get text/call alerts, etc at a reasonable price and a smaller footprint on your wrist. Hope this helps!

Best Answer

At Best Buy, I only had 15 days to get a refund. I’d double check to be sure 

Best Answer

1521919669378219764223127974249.jpg

I've had the Blaze since its release. My wrist is very small at 5.25 inches. Most size small Fitbit bands are too big for me. I've ordered the Versa. I'm excited for a more feminine design, lower profile, and rounded corners. I will probably have to order a non-Fitbit band (like the one pictured with my Blaze) in order to wear it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lea7wrote:

I was super excited to hear about the Versa.  But after looking at the size don't think it's going to work out.  My husband has the Blaze and it is huge on me. I have super small wrists and I think this is still going to be too big.  *Sigh*

1521919669378219764223127974249.jpg

I've had the Blaze since its release. My wrist is very small at 5.25 inches. Most size small Fitbit bands are too big for me. I've ordered the Versa. I'm excited for a more feminine design, lower profile, and rounded corners. I will probably have to order a non-Fitbit band (like the one pictured with my Blaze) in order to wear it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Giampi71

Thanks for the comparison photo!

The Versa has a more feminine look to it with the rounded edges and narrow strap. I like it much better than the Ionic. It still looks big to me, but logically, how else are they going to get all the great features on a screen?

Looking forward to trying one out. 

Best Answer

That is the same size as my wrist (5.25").  I finally decided to go for it and try the Versa.  Here is how it looks on me.  Kinda silly looking, yes, but I'm going to embrace it for what it is.  I'd still love a smaller watch though!IMG_0618.JPG

Best Answer

15243281234792173081904207355626.jpg

I went for it too. Bought it in preorder and I love it! The bands fit a lot better than the Blaze. I only have 2 adjustment holes left to use, hopefully my wrists don't get any smaller!

Best Answer

And I discovered that it didn't gap as my Charge2 did.  And the bands are so much more flexible and softer than the Charge2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lea7Just out of curiosity, did you ever get the Versa?  It's two pictures side-by-side of me wearing my Alta vs. the Versa.  I'm pleasantly surprised how "big" the Versa does not feel on my wrists even though it is significantly wider than the Alta.  Takes similar amount of real estate on my wrist length wise (with an after market metal mesh band on the Alta).  I think the way it was designed, it does not look bad on my wrist.  You can barely tell that it's on too - WAY lighter and it's actually super comfortable.20180415_151422-COLLAGE.jpg

Best Answer

Thanks for the comparison pic of the versa and alta. What is the difference height wise? Is the screen portion as thick as the alta?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a very small wrist and I find the Versa more comfortable than the Alta. I haven't measured or placed the two next to each other but the Versa feels thinner/not as high off my wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the versa and also have a Blaze and an Alta.  For the first time the sportsbands can be worn.  They stuck out a lot on the Blaze so I wore that with a leather band since it was able to angle down.  The size of the Versa definitely fits smaller and is really comfortable.  The bands all work for me.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the side by side comparison.  Just what I needed.  

@Giampi71 wrote:

I found this picture that clearly shows the differences between the 2 devices

ionicversa.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the versa on at Best buy and it was just too bulky for me. I like all the extra features that it claims, but I think I am going to stick to my flex 2 for now. I think if the entire watch face were closer to the size of the screen it would be much better. That seems to be how the apple watch does it, which is why it seems so much smaller in comparison, even thought the specs report very similar measurements. 

Best Answer

My new versa metallic band is too big for me, it’s a small, can it be adjusted or fo I have to return it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Picture only confirms my opinion. Too big and clunky for a smaller, female wrist. It's boxy and has no style .I'm bummed. Wanted it to work for me! 

Best Answer

I think all of us with the small wrists are more concerned with the face of the watch overwhelming our wrists. Fitbit has always been good about accommodating wrist circumference but this is more about wrist width. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is possible. I had a Pebble Time Round and it fit my 14cm wrist perfectly. Sadly, it no longer holds a charge.

I have had a Versa for a week, I love the features and app but it is too big. It's uncomfortable, the wristband feels huge on me. It doesn't fit inside my jacket and it looks like I'm playing dress up in  my father's watch.

I think that it can be improved.

Best Answer
0 Votes