Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa touchscreen has stopped responding

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my Versa little over a week and the touch screen has stopped responding. Only have clock, alarm and run options on buttons. Can’t access anything else. What should I do?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

@CJohn wrote:

I’ve had my versa little over a week and the touch screen has stopped responding. Only have clock, alarm and run options on buttons. Can’t access anything else. What should I do?

Try a Restart and do it several times if necessary.

Best Answer

Hey @CJohn, welcome to the Forums and @SunsetRunner thanks for stepping by.

I would like to know if you keep having issues with your Versa responding? Have you followed the restart procedure provided by our friend, have it worked?

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi, yes I tried to restart several times and could not do a hard reset as the touch screen would not respond at all. Leaving me unable to access setting options. I’d only had it 10 days, so returned to store and they replaced it with a new one. 

But thank you for the help x

Best Answer

Those are great news @CJohn, I am glad to hear that you received a new watch. If you need anything else, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up. Robot wink

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I am having this same issue and have been chatting with support most of today, with absolutely no resolve. Have you gotten your issue fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I had only had it 10 days. So still in 30 day guarantee with Argos and they replaced it. No problem at all, but they also told me that Fitbit guarantee their product and cover it for 12 months. So if yours is less than 12 months..... Fitbit should be replacing it. Hope that helps you? 

Best Answer

Yes I am hoping they do, I will have to call tonight, this is very frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

it’s your rights to have it replaced. I’ve been told Fitbit very good at replacing products in warranty.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is experiencing the same issue and when I do the reset it says reset failed. I just got my watch today should I go ahead and do a factory reset?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to see you around @leboromei@EmilyNicole07 welcome to the Forums and @CJohn thanks for stopping by.

I would like to know if you have contacted our support team, have they offered a solution for the issue you are experiencing with your watches?

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for replying. I ended up bringing the watch back to the store I bought it from and switched it for another one. The screen not working was the second problem that I had with the watch yesterday and I did speak with customer support for  45 minutes and we thought we were resolved the first issue and then the screen quit working so I felt it was best to return it and get a new one. And the one I have now works just fine

Best Answer

Glad you got it sorted and where able to exchange it. I love mine and was also gutted when it stopped working. But happy with new Versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your participation @CJohn and I am glad to hear that too @EmilyNicole07. It's great to know that your new Versa is working as it should. Do not hesitate to visit us if you need further assistance.

See you around. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same exact problem and the guy on the phone said NO ONE has reported this issue before and that I was the first as of yesterday.  After reading these questions and comments, I am by no means the first and only one that has reported this problem.  I'm really frustrated with the Fitbit company in general.  Honest is not their strong suit

Best Answer
0 Votes
I spent and entire day on the phone with them and eventually then sent me a new on. Be persistent.

Thank you ~
Lauren Boromei
Best Answer

I agree! The first one i had didnt work from the get go. I returned it and got a new one and have not had issues with it yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems to me like whoever you spoke with didnt really care to resolve the issue. The first versa i had didnt work from the get go. I spent over 40 minutes on the phone with a rep and she was very diligent in helping me. I ended up having to return it and got a new one and have not had issues with it yet. I would request a new watch or if you have not had it long then return it to wherever you purchased  it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seems to have been an ongoing problem ALL YEAR. Merry Christmas to me. Less than 24 hours out of the box and the touch screen is not responding! This is such crap. My sweet husband thought that because it was Fitbit brand that there would not be issues like this. So sadly back in the box it goes to Amazon to try again. Makes me mad. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Literally had my watch in for 5 hours when the touch screen stopped working. I have resets it several times with no change. Will be sending it back but after reading how many other people have had the same issue makes me very leery about getting another one. Seems like this is an issue that Fitbit needs to be addressing.

Best Answer
0 Votes