Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vibration not working for text/call notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa isn't vibrating or telling me when i get a call or text.  When i pull down they are there but i want the notification.  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community. 

Thanks to all for the efforts to resolve the issue, sharing the solutions and steps you've tried. I understand how you are feeling about this situation and if you're experiencing this issue, please follow our tips in this help article: Why didn't my Fitbit device alert me? You can also try restarting your device: How do I restart my Fitbit device? 

If the issue persists, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with our Support team online or give them a call. Click here to get connected. 

I am going to close this thread, but if there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
390 REPLIES 390

Welcome to the Forums @Dd1186! Thanks for sharing your experience with the notifications feature on your Fitbit Versa.  First, I'd like you to check if the vibration of your watch is working correctly.

To do so, follow these steps. On your watch, open Alarms. You’ll see your next scheduled alarm (if you set one).

Next, test your watch's vibration motor:

1. Open Timers and choose the stopwatch.
  2. Tap the play icon to start. Your watch should vibrate.

If this doesn't work, please restart your watch to ensure that it works properly. 

Keep me posted! Cat Wink

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

mine was doing the same thing.

I unpaired it through my phone Bluetooth

removed it from my fitbit app. Uninstalled fitbit app.

Turned off Bluetooth

reset versa

Reset phone

Installed fitbit app and added versa.  Turned on Bluetooth through the fitbit app when prompted. 

Turned notifications for text and everything else on and now it vibrates with notifications. 

I'm not sure which step fixed it but something did, lol.  Hope it works for you! 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. I followed your steps and reset the watch; it still doesn’t vibrate or alert me when I get notifications. What else can I do?

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Jbolling! Good to hear that you are back on track. I really appreciate that you have shared the steps that worked for you. This can be beneficial to other users experiencing a similar situation. 

Also,  I'd like to encourage you to join us at the Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more! Give it a look! 😉

Welcome to the Forums @karlancha! Thanks for sharing that you tried the troubleshooting tips that I shared. In this case, I'd like to suggest you to setup your watch as a new device. You can follow the tips in this Setup Guide

Keep me posted with the outcome! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I excitedly received my Versa yesterday and am now realizing I rely greatly on the vibration feature. I've missed several calls and texts. 

I've tried all the steps suggested with no luck getting it to vibrate for the alarm, timer, text or phone calls. Any other suggestions before I return it?

Best Answer

Mine vibrates for texts and calls but vibrations is much much weaker than my charge 2. Nothing is happening at all when I meet my goal on Versa though which is disappointing.

Best Answer

I got my versa on Mon and can only get the vibration to work occasionally, the alarm didn't work this mirmorn and none of the movement reminders or bedtime reminders have ever worked. I have done a hard reset and deleted the app, then reset everything (now the Bluetooth is doogy) and it hasn't helped. Also now my location can't be found 

Ready to return the watch didn't expect this hassle

Best Answer

Hey,

This started today, whenever I receive a notification (Facebook messenger, SMS text, etc.) I see the notification on my Versa but there is no vibration ... I already did everything, reset my phone, reset Versa, unpaired with Bluetooth, factory reset versa, uninstalled Fitbit app, etc. 

The vibration on Versa is working, I did a test with an alarm clock and in settings (changed vibrations from normal to strong). My phone is not in DnD mode. What else can I do?

Thank you for your help.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @nimr0d.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team for them to take a deeper look at this, please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Catch you later. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with my Versa.  I did all of the suggested resets also. Any suggestions? Was your issue resolved?  I am having the same problem.

Best Answer

I think it needs to be fixed via firmware. I have the same issue,  resets don't make sense if every other feature is working

Best Answer

Hi,

Had this problem, my fitbit versa suddenly stopped vibrating on notification, tried all of the tips here.

Then I realised.

If you hold the left button you can turn off notifications from your wrist, and then other night I had done just this from the cinema!

Useful feature, when you remember to turn it back on again!

Best Answer

When I pull down the messages I see them but there is no vibration. The vibration is on. I have an iPhone. Turned off Versa. Went into Bluetooth settings to forget device. Went back into notifications when I turned on app and Versa to reinstate notifications ... still nothing 

Best Answer

Does it vibrate at other times, or is there no vibration at all?

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Do you maybe have any tattoos there?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it does ... it vibrates to alert me to make 250 steps an hour 

Best Answer

None ... wow .. would that matter ?

Best Answer

I am receiving notifications but my Versa is not vibrating to alert me. The only way I know is if I swipe down and see them or through my iPhone. I have went to the notifications tab on the app and the ones I want notified on are selected. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @faithk0124.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. If your Versa isn't vibrating, I recommend checking if your "Device Lock" is enabled or disabled by doing the following from your Fitbit app:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap or click Device Lock.

If it is enabled, do the following:

• Set Device Lock to Disabled OR
  • Set Device Lock to Enabled for Fitbit Pay (payments only)

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer