Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't change time zone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello.  I have a new Versa and the time zone is stuck on Los Angeles (where I purchased the watch).  I am now in France.  I have my iPhone set to Paris, France, but the app keeps on saying Los Angeles.  Basically, every time I change the time zone, it reverts to Los Angeles after 30 seconds.(tried setting automatically and manually).  I have tried to change the time zone manually and automatically on the Fitbit app and on the phone.  I have also tried reconfiguring the watch with no success.  This is very frustrating.  Any suggestions?

Thanks, 

Rob

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone. For all of you who are new to the Fitbit community, welcome. 

Thanks to all for the efforts to resolve the issue, sharing the solutions and steps you've tried. I understand how you're feeling and appreciate your feedback and comments. If you're experiencing this issue, I recommend reviewing our troubleshooting tips in How do I fix the time on my Fitbit device? 

This thread will be closed. If you continue experiencing difficulties, feel free to create a new thread or get in touch with our Support team

See you around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
53 REPLIES 53

I am having the same issue. 

Best Answer
If I ever figure out how to solve this issue, I'll let you know.  So far, I have received no help from the support staff (via email).
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok.  I may have a solution.  I went to the fitbit site and logged in to my account.  By changing my location on my personal settings and having the computer update the Versa (via its bluetooth connection), the time zone was changed.  Hope this works for you.

Best Answer

What @RobMaeda said is correct.  You need to go into your Account Settings and change the time zone from there.  This article explains more about how to change your time zone settings.  This will be what your Versa is connected to, so while you certainly can set up your Versa first, you should make sure that your Time Zone is set properly.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Just to be clear, I had to do this personal account time zone change from my laptop and not the app on my phone.  When I tried to change the time zone in the app, it did not work.  I think the app needs some work.

Best Answer

My time zone in my Fitbit profile is correct but time still displaying in LA. Anymore ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobMaeda wrote:

Hello.  I have a new Versa and the time zone is stuck on Los Angeles (where I purchased the watch).  I am now in France.  I have my iPhone set to Paris, France, but the app keeps on saying Los Angeles.  Basically, every time I change the time zone, it reverts to Los Angeles after 30 seconds.(tried setting automatically and manually).  I have tried to change the time zone manually and automatically on the Fitbit app and on the phone.  I have also tried reconfiguring the watch with no success.  This is very frustrating.  Any suggestions?

Thanks, 

Rob

Best Answer

Same issue here.  I had to log into fitbit web to change time zone manually.  Is so stupid for a new smartwatch 

Best Answer

Similar problem here.  Went East from Central Time to Eastern time and Versa updated time okay.  Went West from Eastern Time back to Central time and Versa did not update.

Best Answer
All of sudden 2 days later time changed back..guess patience???
Best Answer

This is unfortunate.  Fortunately for me mine is still 30-days so I am taking it back and getting a different watch.

Best Answer

I got a Versa 2 days ago before an international trip. I set my time zone to San Francisco, California, and then landed in the UK.  But my Versa continued to show the San Francisco time.

I fixed this by going into the Fitbit app > Account (looks like an ID card) > Advanced Settings.  There are two check boxes: one for the Automatic Time Zone (which was checked already) and the second one for Automatic Location (which was unchecked).  I checked the box and almost immediately my Versa updated the time.

I have to be in a few more countries over the next week.  If the time does not automatically update, I will return my Versa.  It's unacceptable that a smart "watch" cannot perform a basic time zone update when it's synced to a phone that's connected to the Internet. 

I hope this tip works for you.

Best Answer

My watch finally changed time after restart x2

1.  Take watch off automatic time zone and go into GMT time where u are.

2.  If it doesn't change by resync, restart phone again.

Should work.                             3.  Then next day put it on automatic again

Best Answer

Restart phone may take couple times

Best Answer
  • I just returned from Tokyo to Washington, DC. Changing settings thru my phone app Did Not work. However; logging in to my profile on Fitbit.com, changing my time zone from Tokyo to Washington, DC there and then syncing thru my phone made the change. Hope this helps!  Beth

Best Answer
  • Rob,
  • I just returned from Tokyo to Washington, DC. Changing settings thru my phone app Did Not work. However; logging in to my profile on Fitbit.com, changing my time zone from Tokyo to Washington, DC there and then syncing thru my phone made the change. Hope this helps!  Beth

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just returned from Tokyo and couldn’t get my Versa to update the time.  I made setting changes thru my phone app and that didn’t work. I went into my profile on Fitbit.com and edited my profile there making the change from Tokyo to Eastern US. I went back to my phone and re-synced. The change finally came through to my Versa. Hope that helps.  Beth

Best Answer
0 Votes
Finally figured it out. First let your phone adjust to the new time zone then open the Fitbit app and sync the watch. Note you must have Location Services enabled on the phone for it to adjust to local time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow what terrible waste on money. It can't simply update the time!  

Best Answer