Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't change time zone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello.  I have a new Versa and the time zone is stuck on Los Angeles (where I purchased the watch).  I am now in France.  I have my iPhone set to Paris, France, but the app keeps on saying Los Angeles.  Basically, every time I change the time zone, it reverts to Los Angeles after 30 seconds.(tried setting automatically and manually).  I have tried to change the time zone manually and automatically on the Fitbit app and on the phone.  I have also tried reconfiguring the watch with no success.  This is very frustrating.  Any suggestions?

Thanks, 

Rob

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

I'm in the same boat -- I travel often for business between CST, MST (where I live), and PST.  My watch will not move off of MST -- whether I change my location in Fitbit or not.  My phone updates the second I land -- and even after syncing the watch the the phone, nothing.  It's frustrating.  

My alta used to sync according to where my phone was located -- which would be ideal.  

Hopefully there's a fix for this soon!

Best Answer
Do a hard restart on fitbit..push button till box emblem shoes up.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do a hard restart.  Push single button till fit bit box shoes up.  If that didn't do it, turn bluetooth off then on  and do hard start.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me. Thanks for sharing

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can change in the app by going to your account settings then advanced settings. There's a setting to set auto time zone, stride length and other things.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m in LA and stuck on London time. Automatic time zone function definitely not updating ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't see the second setting.  When I go to the Fitbit app on my iPhone, in Advanced Settings, all I see is the on/off button for Time Zone/Set Automatically.  It shows the Time Zone below that when the button is set to On, but tehre is nothing that says Automatic Time Zone.  Where exactly are you looking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
You go to your account in the Fitbit app which for me looks like an index card by the battery icon.  From there you down to settings near the bottom and choose "Advanced Settings".  There is a setting for automatic time zone and automatic location.  Fitbit should automatically set these on but they do not (or at least they didn't when I got mine).  The Automatic time zone is the first choice.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You go to your account in the Fitbit app which for me looks like an index card by the battery icon.  From there you down to settings near the bottom and choose "Advanced Settings".  There is a setting for automatic time zone and automatic location.  Fitbit should automatically set these on but they do not (or at least they didn't when I got mine).  The Automatic time zone is the first choice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have an iPhone so mine must be different in Android.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Buy a different brand Fitbit can't get something as simple as automatic time zone changes right when all other smartwatch makers can tells me that it is not fit for purpose.

Best Answer

It's a bit shoddy isn't it? All other fitness trackers and smart way he's I've tested just check the time of the phone and sync accordingly. It shouldn't be this difficult. Fitbit have known about this issue for ages and yet they've done nothing to fix it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes buy a galaxy gear or one of the other watches that actually works

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. I review gear and this is a show stopper. Poor coding and design from fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for posting this message. I was about to lose my mind over this issue of having a smart watch that can’t tell me the time while traveling. But you fixed it for me! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

On Versa.  Go to settings/about/shutdown.  Then any button to restart.  That’s how I got mine this morning to reset clock

Best Answer
0 Votes

That did the trick. Many thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes

This works. Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go into the Fitbit app on your phone, click on Account, scroll down & go into Advanced Settings. There, you can choose either automatic / network-based time zone, or you can manually choose your time zone. Worked on the first try, and hasn't switched back (at least not yet 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes