Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't sync with Pixel 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got my Versa 2 weeks ago and it worked great, syncing regularly and easily! 2 days ago it stopped syncing. Battery is well above 50%, I'm on WiFi and I tried to sync it manually (just pulling down on the main page of the app) but no dice. Was hoping that this would just resolve itself, but nothing.

Things I've tried:

1) using LTE instead of wifi

2) resetting versa

3) turning Bluetooth on and off

4) force quitting app

5) restarting phone

6) disconnecting versa from Fitbit, uninstalling Fitbit app. Versa was able to connect to reconnect to the app, but took a long, frustrating time and hasn't synced since.

Super frustrated because it worked so seamlessly before. I don't think that my phone or versa has done a software upgrade, so I've exhausted my ideas of how to make it sync again. Advice appreciated!

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Great to have you on board @kcalvert.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. Keep in mind that in order to have a successful connection between your watch and phone, it needs to be compatible. Please check here if your phone is a compatible mobile device.

If it isn't, it doesn't mean that it won't work with your watch but you might experience some connectivity issues. You can always try the instructions provide in the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync? but I don't guarantee it will work 100%.

Let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

I have the Pixel 1 and have ran into similar issues as you did a few weeks ago. Basically did the same steps as you in different order trying to troubleshoot. I am not 100% sure if what I did was what resolved it, but what ended up happening was I uninstalled Fitbit app from my phone, and installed the app on my tablet instead and used the tablet to sync with my Fitbit. It worked so I left it like that for a few days. I only need the app to sync with my device so the stats gets documented. After a few days, I decided to install it on my Pixel to give it a try again and lo and behold, it worked! It hasn't stopped working since then and I have uninstalled the app from my tablet.

I did read some reports on Reddit that Pixel 2 is technically a phone that is "unsupported" by Versa (which doesn't really make sense since Versa came out after Pixel 2 did), but I see mixed results on Reddit from users with Pixel 2 saying theirs sync and work no problem, while some faces the same issue as you do.

Pixel 1, Android 9.0 | Versa
Best Answer

Thanks for the insight! Mine magically decided that it could sync again, no problem... But I don't know why, which is frustrating! Oh well, I'll just enjoy the fact that it's working for now 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

No problem!

Just curious, is your Fitbit app set to auto-sync on? And also, is the app being optimized by the battery in Pixel?

Pixel 1, Android 9.0 | Versa
Best Answer
0 Votes

Dont understand what needs to be special to be 'Compatible'.

Surely as long as it has basic specs required eg bluetooth version xxx? then should work will all, especially phones on up to date software? ?

And why do so many seem to sync fine then loose sync....If it sycs and works what would make it stop?  

Was just about to but one(in basket etc) but second thoughts now, as have a pixel 2 which is a cracking phone but seems it isnt compatible, yet phones from 2013 are Smiley Sad

Best Answer

This continues to be a problem with the pixel 2. I have to uninstall and reinstall the Versa app every several days or I get no synching of data or notification connectivity. Ridiculous to pay this amount of money and it won't sync with a top-of-the-line phone

Best Answer

Mine was working for about 6 months and then suddenly stopped. I don't know what to do either, I've tried everything. I've had my fitbit for a year now but I'm thinking of just going to a new smart watch being that Fitbit said it themselves that they don't know why it isn't compatible. I had a Samsung smart watch previously and I never had an issue. You'd think that after all this time they'd figure it out.

Best Answer
0 Votes