Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my versa since Thursday, during the day my watch will work fine and sync with no issues. When I get up the following morning it will no longer sync, Bluetooth connection keeps dropping (only when trying to sync). I factory reset Friday morning and Saturday morning, spent over a hour each morning installing and setting the watch up again. I’ve spent longer trying to get my watch to work instead of using it. I’ve tried everything, phone on/off, Fitbit on/off, delete and reinstall app, Bluetooth on/off. Other than factory reset I can’t see anything else that works! Very upset and disappointed 

Best Answer
710 REPLIES 710
Did the same thing. So far, so good.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Updated versa-- yes, phone-- samsung galaxy S8+, app version on phone--2.70 (2193270), factory re-set yes. Hope that helps. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel the same. Why did they sell it if it won’t sync

Best Answer

Restart what

Best Answer
I think it is the watch firmware that is the problem. Not the fitbit app.
Best Answer
0 Votes
You restart the Versa Smartwatch and Re-Pair the Versa Fit Bit to your phone.

Cristy
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same problem.  Very frustrating.  Hate resetting as it wipes out any data in the watch, which defeats the purpose.  Going to try and get a refund on this.  Seems this is a known problem for quite a while now, and do not see any attempt at fixing the problem. 

Hope you find an answer soon.

Lujuan Anderson

Best Answer

I have the same issue with my Versa, I just got it from 2 days ago (I waited for 15 days to get it), and I spent more time trying to fix the sync problem instead of using the watch. I loved my other Fitbits, and I just upgrade my Blaze for the Versa, but now I feel so disappointed. Something that I think it's kind of weird... all the people that reviewed this watch never mention this issue with the Versa. There's nothing else that I can do with the watch, I tried EVERYTHING, but still not working. I hope all of us, on the customer can find a solution for this and don't regret having made this purchase. If it's not this watch is useless and I will return it.   

Best Answer

I have tried theese steps several times, it still wont work

Best Answer

I have had this same problem!  Every single day I can not sync my Versa...never had this problem with my Blaze!  There is something wrong somewhere since so many others are having. The same issue. Fitbit needs to fix this problem ASAP!!

Alivia 49

Best Answer

You give advice as to how we can fix this synissue, but we all have tried these steps over and over and over again!!  This just doesn’t work!  Please offer advice that will fix this problem!  There has to be a problem with the app because this isn’t an issue with the other Fitbit devices. Please, please give us a fix that will actually work!!  

Best Answer

This does not work!

Best Answer

What I did to finally get my Versa to sync and stay connected beyond the initial setup was to go into my Galaxy S7's Bluetooth settings and unpair EVERYTHING,  including the Versa.  Also, remove the Versa as a device in the Fitbit app and then set it back up again.  You won't have to download the firmware update again, thank goodness.  Then add back the Versa through the Fitbit app.  This has worked for me.  Apparently, you can't have any other Bluetooth device paired with your phone, whether it's connected or not during the setup process because the Bluetooth connection with the Versa will not set up right.

Yesterday, I downloaded the new firmware update with the quick replies and I didn't unpair everything and again the same issues happened again.  Notifications and syncing worked at first and then stopped.  So, I had to do what I did before and unpair everything and set it back up and now it's once again syncing correctly and reliably.   I review fitness trackers so I've been through the process of setting them up many times.  The Versa is the only one that I've had to remove all other Bluetooth devices during setup. Once the Versa is set up right, I can then go back and pair my other devices (which is a pain) with my phone and the Versa still syncs.  Hopefully, Fitbit fixes this because we shouldn't have to go through these steps.

Best Answer
I totally agree, this is exactly what I had to do and it's been working
every since, I'm able to get my texts, emails, phone calls and change my
faces..its constantly syncing. Its been great..hope it continues. .
Best Answer

Lol double post 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

So after my call to tech support they had me remove the Versa from my phone to attempt to sync it to my iPad instead. It synced up fine last night and this morning I cannot connect to it with my iPad, so at least I know this isn’t just an issue with my iPhone /sigh.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I called back today and we tried everything. Customer Support has been honestly great and they certainly tried very hard to solve my issue but it seems like my Versa is defective and is getting packed up on it’s trip back so I can get a replacement. Sad I won’t have it for vacation but at least I will hopefully get a unit that doesn’t stop syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa just will not sync. I have reset it, I've turned my phone off and on again, I've unconnected and reconnected the Bluetooth, I've restarted the app on my phone, I've pressed sync manually multiple times and it just won't do it. I've had the Versa for 2 weeks now and this is becoming a very serious problem for something I've spent £220 on. Very frustrating.

Best Answer

My fit bit versa has Do nothing but problems it won’t sync it won’t track sleep it won’t do the 250 steps per hour I don’t know what to do at this point I reset it and reset it please advise me on what to do or should I just take it back.   Seems to fit bit worse he should not of been released to the public people are paying a lot of money for it and the fit bit app does not coincide with the Fitbit Versa. Even the people on the phone can’t figure out the issues it has to constantly be reset before it even works and then it only works for one day

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what’s the problem this week last week it messed up and this week is messing up to when is Fitbit Help going to get the app up to work with the fit bit versa they shouldn’t of been selling it before they fix these things

Best Answer