Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my versa since Thursday, during the day my watch will work fine and sync with no issues. When I get up the following morning it will no longer sync, Bluetooth connection keeps dropping (only when trying to sync). I factory reset Friday morning and Saturday morning, spent over a hour each morning installing and setting the watch up again. I’ve spent longer trying to get my watch to work instead of using it. I’ve tried everything, phone on/off, Fitbit on/off, delete and reinstall app, Bluetooth on/off. Other than factory reset I can’t see anything else that works! Very upset and disappointed 

Best Answer
710 REPLIES 710

I'm having the same problem

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. I purchased the Fitbit Versa at bestbuy yesterday. I am currently in communication with fitbit support on twitter and they have provided me with steps to resolve the issue but I am still having the same issue. I am thinking we either have defective watches OR there is a programmatic issue. I'll let you know if I hear anything back. It is incredibly frustrating spending $200 on a watch that does not work out of the box.

Best Answer

Real pain for a brand new product this should not be happening and seems testing has not been done .

am following on this to see if resolved otherwise need money back, not keen on replacement

Best Answer

I've been trying for 2 days to try to perform the initial download to even get the Versa started.  My phone finds/syncs with the watch and then begins the upload....Then it fails each time.  I've unistalled/reinstalled the APP.  I've uninstalled/reinstalled the Versa onto the account.  Nothing appears to get this working and I am frustrated.  I was so looking forward to this product...counted down the days.  Now I'm counting down the hours to return the product to the store.  I wonder how many other people will be also returning.  If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know!

Best Answer

My watch will sync for a random amount of time sometimes for hours and sometimes for just a couple of minutes and then it won't until I restart either my phone or my versa. I have a pebble 2 that works fine I'm thinking of returning the versa.

Best Answer

I’m having same issue. Syncs but shows no stats for sleep for example 

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. It's nice to have you on board the Community Forums @Carolin3 and @JuliannaASmiley Happy

I appreciate you have all shared your experience and the troubleshooting steps you've already tried in hopes to resolve this situation. @LauraMichelle86, I'd like to thank you for letting me know you've already contacted our Support Team and that they will issue you a new Versa. 

@Username1145170 and @Joeyc1866, I would also like to thank you for letting me know you've contacted our Support Team for a return authorization. I'm very sorry the Versa did not filled your expectations. 

For those of you with a Versa that still has trouble syncing with your phone, I would like to suggest you to try to set it up as a new device in order to reset the connection between the Versa and your phone. Don't worry, none of the information previously stored in your account will be deleted. 

To set up your watch as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your watch and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I'm also having sync issues, and deleting the Versa from Bluetooth on the phone and re-pairing hasn't helped. Now I get and incorrect PIN message. Very frustrating.

Best Answer

I have done this also and it still doesn’t work.

Best Answer

Fitbit Versa worked fine sat sun and mon but from waking up Tuesday morning the Versa will not sync unless I delete the app reset and set up as new. I’ve tried all the following:

- delete old charge 2 from Bluetooth 

- reset phone

- reset tracker 

- delete app and reinstall

- turned on all day sync

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

@Omahony7 what phone are you using? It sounds a bif like a compatability issue. Is your phone on the Supported Devices List?

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hello @dscottpete, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to see new faces around. Thanks for taking the time to reply @Athenababette, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@dscottpete, are you still having trouble setting up back your Versa? Would it be possible for you to reply to me with the PIN-related error message you're getting? That will be very helpful for me to check this further. 

@Athenababette, thanks for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. My phone is supported. 

Best Answer

So since the update this morning I took the watch downstairs and after about 10-15 min of trying to connect it finally updated and has been working fine all day. 

Going to see what tomorrow brings 

Best Answer

Hello to all!

I'm on Android with the latest version.

Tried all sort off things: Bluetooth image be off, different WiFi, delete and reinstall app, unpair and pair again.

The fitbut versa only syncs the first it's paired, after that nothing else!

How is this posible?

Got mine on Monday and since than I've tried everything!!

Best Answer

Same problem:

I got my Versa Monday, synced to iPhone 7, all good.

Tuesday I went to look at clock faces and it kept saying "not connected".  Today, it continued the non-connection.

I restarted 3x, rebooted the phone, removed old bluetooth from Blaze and the newest Versa, then added the tracker again.  The only thing I did not do, was reset to factory default on the Versa.

Currently, I'm synced and running again.  I hope this is not a recurring problem.  I've had a lot of issues with prior Fitbits--usually with syncing and or battery life, but I'm giving it one more chance.  I chose Versa over iWatch, because the battery life is so much better.

Here's hoping I made the right choice.

Best Answer

Just got my versa today and was having this issue. It resolved (so far)after setting up my phone to 2.4 WiFi vs 5.0. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem.  No sync since 10pm CST.  Reinstalled app.  Cycled power.  Nothing helps.

Best Answer

you got to put blutooth to "pair" not "on"

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Prado when I said I tried everything I really did.

I turned it on and of as mentioned on  troubleshooting.

And of course paired un paired, If not Versa had never even connected and been recognised by the app.

Really hope to get constructive feedback from Fitbit, some acknowledgement of the issue and a solution!

Best Answer