Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my versa since Thursday, during the day my watch will work fine and sync with no issues. When I get up the following morning it will no longer sync, Bluetooth connection keeps dropping (only when trying to sync). I factory reset Friday morning and Saturday morning, spent over a hour each morning installing and setting the watch up again. I’ve spent longer trying to get my watch to work instead of using it. I’ve tried everything, phone on/off, Fitbit on/off, delete and reinstall app, Bluetooth on/off. Other than factory reset I can’t see anything else that works! Very upset and disappointed 

Best Answer
710 REPLIES 710

I have exactly the same issues as you and I have tried everything you have mentioned and more and my versa still won't sync properly and it won't receive any notifications at all. It is very disappointing.

Best Answer
Thanks. Another user fixed my issue. I needed to restart my watch several
times. It's working now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I called the tech support and they told me the versa was syncing normally according to there server but in the fitbit app it shows that it didn't sync for 12 hours I'm returning the versa today.

Best Answer

I am having same issue...just set it up last night and will not sync with phone

Best Answer

Hey @Omahony7@Kdball88 a warm welcome to the Community and @NellyG thanks for stopping by.

I appreciate the efforts in trying to fix the syncing issue you were experiencing @Omahony7,I am glad to hear that this has been resolved and that your tracker is now working properly. If you need anything else, do not hesitate to post it.

Now @Kdball88, I would like to know if you keep having issues? If you do, I recommend taking a look at the Having trouble syncing? post and follow the steps provided there.

Let me know the outcome. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I understand some of you had experienced several issues when trying to sync your Versa but luckily many of you have come back letting me know your issues have been resolved, I'm very glad and I appreciate you have taken the time to reply. 

@VersaUser and @Cenas1983, are you still experiencing syncing issues with your Versa? If so, please reply to me so I can check this further and determine which steps should we take next. 

@VersaUser, if your Versa is not receiving Notifications, please check my post about how to troubleshoot this issue. Please note that even when the post is about Ionic, the Versa uses the same FitbitOS as the Ionic and the steps work for both. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else you want to add or if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I have the same issue with the Versa. Have tried everything, even tried to connect to my laptop. Still won’t work. What’s the next step? Return it or wait for Fitbit to admit there’s a huge issue and finally fix it? 

Best Answer

I've had the same issues since Monday. My app says it's syncing, but when I look at last sync it shows mon 10.04pm. It does show steps, but not sleep. I have tried the steps in the help page.

Best Answer

Yes I am still having issues, I thought I had fixed it last night using the trouble shooting steps but it isn't working again now.

Best Answer

This is getting beyond a joke. I'm now at the point where as far as I am concerned Fitbit are knowingly selling a defective product and perhaps someone needs to challenge that. 48 hrs and in and I've tried all that above and nothing works

It's ridiculous

Best Answer

So not only do I have to restart my phone and fitbit every single day in order for it to properly sync, but now it will no longer let me control my music from my fitbit and it will not notify me of phone calls. The calls notification is swiped on, it is connected and synced to my phone, it'll show what music is playing but hitting next or pause does literally nothing. I'm SO frustrated!!! I also get multiple notifications of the same text message. I could receive one text but it vibrates three times and shows the text on my screen three times! It also says my phone is on do not disturb which it most certainly is not. I still get email and text notifications even though it thinks that but of course not calls. 

All of my settings are exactly what they should be. I've had fitbits for 3 years now and I know all the settings fairly well. My Android phone and fitbit are completely updated and compatible. Notifications are turned on. all day sync is on, always connected is on, my music is connected to my phone, what the heck! I could not be more frustrated. Every time I talk to fitbit help they lead me through the same steps I've already done 20 times. Reset your phone, reset your fitbit, reset your bluetooth, delete the app and start over. I'm done! Clearly this is Fitbit's issue, not ours. There better be some actual fixes coming soon or I'm returning this thing. It gets worse every day, not better. I should've kept my Blaze.

Best Answer

I had several sync issues also. I found by deleting my old fitbit from my phones bluetooth settings solved all my issues.

Best Answer

I have that same problem. Yesterday, it wouldn't sync so I waited a today it does but I feel like it has something to do with All Day Sync switched off because I turned it off yesterday...

Want Spotify for Versa? Click Here to Vote!

Click Here to Vote for Low Power Mode!

sarah, usa | versa, charge hr (retired)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe fitbit should do a sync every hour or something like that. 

Best Answer

Mine synced once when I set it up last night, then I changed the clock face and it seemed to crash. It wouldn't sync for over 12 hours, I uninstalled the app, that didn't work, I ended up turning off my bluetooth for 10 seconds, turned back on and then restarted the Versa. I felt the vibration, the clock face changed back to it's original face (layers) and now continues to sync!

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing.

Thanks for the information about syncing, I would like to know if you have take a look at my previous post? If you haven't, I recommend checking it and follow the instructions provided there.

Keep me posted. Robot Very Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Add me to the list with this problem as well. Just bought my Versa - had fits getting it setup with the app locking up a few times and had to do a factory reset on the watch at one point. I finally got it working  - wore it the rest of that day and it was fine - went to the app after wearing it overnight to check the sleep stats and now it won't sync no matter what I have tried (pretty much all of the steps everyone has listed here). Debating on waiting a bit to see if there is a fix coming or do I return it.

Best Answer

I am having the same exact issues.  I've tired everything.  Even removed the device from the app and now I just get to the screen where you enter the 4 digit code and the circle of death with "connecting to fitbit" forever.  I even went so far to remove my Alta from my app too.  Super disappointed.  Really was excited for this product.

Best Answer

Even after all the troubleshooting steps along with having all day sync on, my versa is having the same syncing issue.  This is a problem that I never had with my surge that I just upgraded from.  Going through the forums, it seems like this is a common problem with this product.  I hope this issue gets resolved soon. 

Best Answer

I can't even get mine to setup so I can't even get to the point where you can select all-day sync.

Best Answer