Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my versa since Thursday, during the day my watch will work fine and sync with no issues. When I get up the following morning it will no longer sync, Bluetooth connection keeps dropping (only when trying to sync). I factory reset Friday morning and Saturday morning, spent over a hour each morning installing and setting the watch up again. I’ve spent longer trying to get my watch to work instead of using it. I’ve tried everything, phone on/off, Fitbit on/off, delete and reinstall app, Bluetooth on/off. Other than factory reset I can’t see anything else that works! Very upset and disappointed 

Best Answer
710 REPLIES 710

Only thing that fixes it is a factory reset and then it Just happens again a few days later. This is the worst Fitbit you guys have released and I had owned almost all of them. Now shopping around for an alternative fitness watch. Very disappointing as I has had all my family join Fitbit to take part in challenges again. 

Customer service have been ordinary too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit, no, it is still not working. I would like a refund. This is just ridiculous.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's what I have done, changed it for a Garmin Vivofit 3, syncs first time everytime, battery lasts a year a small fraction of the price - and so I was able to get a Garmin digital scales as well!  

Enjoy trying to sync every couple of weeks.

Best Answer
Sadly, I returned my Versa. Fitbit needs to fix the issues they are fully
aware of before I would purchase another product from the company.
Best Answer

I got my Versa two days ago and had non stop sync issues. I read through every page on this thread and despite the moderators best attempts at providing solutions, I couldn't find anything that helped me. I was about to return the Versa when I saw a workaround that has since seemed to have prevented any sync issues.

Usually, the Versa connects to your phone in a lower power mode of Bluetooth called Bluetooth LE. I think that the connection in this mode is extremely finicky and the root cause of all our problems. Switching to Bluetooth classic mode maintains a continuous connection with my phone and has been so far working well!

Unfortunately, I can't post links here on how to switch the Bluetooth connection to classic mode. But a quick google search will lead you to the correct articles (:

Best Answer

I had this issue and figured out if I went into the fitbit app, Deleted the versa, and forced it to re-connect, it worked. I didn't lose any info from today either, or the past weeks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well everyday I have to restart my versa.  Cause it won’t sync. Now the stupid thing won’t charge. 

The versa would be so unreal if it worked properly 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this.  On my LG when you turn it on, I found a sliding bluetooth button flashes that I never understood before.  I thought this must be the mode you were talking about.  I slid it to the left, and it synced immediately. Now I just have to see if it will work on the all-day sync option.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I sent mine back and they replaced it.  While I was without it for a month I was using a charge 2.  It stopped syncing a couple times too! I found if I just uninstalled the app and reinstalled it ( not the device, just the app from my phone) it took care of it.  I’ve had my new versa about 6 days.  It has stopped syncing a couple times but so far, this trick has worked for this also.  I can live with this. An easy, quick remedy.  As long as this quick fix keeps working, I’ll keep it.  Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have the time for using 'tricks' to get a very expensive piece of tech to work as advertised.  I have sent it back and changed over to a simple garmin vivofit (and garmin digital scales) both work beautifully so far and I am leaving the forum. But I wish everyone well.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good day, where do you see how many devices are connected to your versa?
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I called and emailed to ask for help with mine not syncing and not giving notification 6-months ago, they told me they didn’t have any other known issues like mine. Guess they lied to me...and after working for a week, it’s back to not working again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. If you are new to this thread please check these suggestions to solve syncing issues. If you already tried them then please let our Support team know about it so they can further assist you.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I have given up all hope on the Fitbit Versa!

It started with the Coach app unable to be installed....

Reset/Shutdown/Factory reset....Re-install, re-setup, factory reset, re-setup...

Finally it won't boot to the watch face anymore. It's stuck on the initial setup screen!!!

I actually wanted just to use it as a watch!!! And that don't even work properly???

I have never come across such a crap product !!!

Never a fitbit again....!!!

Best Answer

Those watch face apps will try to take payments via Wi-Fi in 48 hours after install. Access to that network will determine the watch's functionality. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

LOL!

The watch face I selected is FREE!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all the suggestions and my Versa still won’t sync. It was fine until yesterday. What do I do now?

Best Answer
0 Votes
You tried deleting the app and reinstalling it? Call customer service or return it if it’s still within return window.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I reset the App and it still will not sync. Always says syncs yesterday at 11:13am. I bought this Versa on May 18 2018. Can I return it for a new one?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Probably not. Most stores have a 90 day policy. But call customer service they will probably have you send it back and they will send you a new one. But it really stinks because you’ll be without one for several weeks And you’ll get another one that will probably only work for a few months. 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes