Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my versa since Thursday, during the day my watch will work fine and sync with no issues. When I get up the following morning it will no longer sync, Bluetooth connection keeps dropping (only when trying to sync). I factory reset Friday morning and Saturday morning, spent over a hour each morning installing and setting the watch up again. I’ve spent longer trying to get my watch to work instead of using it. I’ve tried everything, phone on/off, Fitbit on/off, delete and reinstall app, Bluetooth on/off. Other than factory reset I can’t see anything else that works! Very upset and disappointed 

Best Answer
710 REPLIES 710

I totally agree Tanis721.  I bought my Versa (actually this is the third fitbit tracker that I have traded in due to manufacture defect) three days ago, and I still cannot get it set up on the app.  I have removed my Charge2 from my app, and my bluetooth, yet when I select the Versa as the device I want set up the software returns to my dashboard...no set up instructions, no opportunities to experience sync issues, nothing!  Wish I'd read about all these issues before purchasing, this really is ridiculous.  I want fitbit to do well because I'm not an apple fan and don't like using devices from just one tech company, but they really make this difficult.  For two years I have had nothing but issues with fitbit products. 

Best Answer

The first 24 hours have been all issues. The initial setup and update took many, many tries. Wasted my entire afternoon. And syncing issues since. Many many resets. Too many to count. Fitbit really needs to solve these issues. And the display and the way stats are looked at or looked up is very clumsy. It would be better to just be able to swipe to see each category. But I guess that can be fixed in an update. The sync issues are what should make Fitbit ashamed for having boxed this up and sold it. This is maybe my tenth Fitbit, so trust me it isn’t user error. The app is great, which is why they keep getting my money. But I’d love to see them focus on being able to use watches from other companies, rather than peddle these inferior products. I mean....IT DOES NOT SYNC RELIABLY TO THEIR OWN APP!!! What more needs to be said?!

Best Answer

Same prob, versa does not sync, has not sync since yesterday morning.  Just spins when I try to sync it.

Best Answer

Samsung S8 supported phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gary123

Well said!

Best Answer

I wonder why some work fine but others don't, it's all the same hardware/software. I struggled with mine syncing until I unpaired my other fitbit from my phone, now it is perfect.

Best Answer
Been trying to sync and update mine for 2 hours now... It just won't update, and the only message showing up on my watch is "To start, download the fitbit app"... makes no sense at all, I am using the app to try to update it! And according to the app, it is sync...
Best Answer

Are you updating via WiFi on a desktop app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up taking all day sync off and now it pairs with no problem. 

Back on the bandwagon; Versa, Pixel 2 XL
Best Answer

Hi, 
I had to change a lot of settings in my phone, but it seems like it is actually syncing, 
I did find out that if you want to change the clock faces & install apps it only works when it's in the charger. 

thanks 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @Carriecathleen! Thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit Versa and for all the troubleshooting you have performed before posting here. 

Upon checking with Support I was able to see that you have a case with them. The best option at the moment is to continue working with them. I'm sure they can help you to get back on track. 

Keep me posted with the outcome! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

I feel your pain; I've had nothing but hard resets since I received my Versa. It won't track heart rate or sleep whatsoever - no matter what steps I do or how many times I call for assistance. Won't set city for weather, inaccurate steps or activity, doesn't like to sync with their own app. Now I have to mail the device back to FitBit and wait 10+ days for an email with the next steps...not even a replacement device.

I've been with FB devices since they first started and I used to love their customer service; now it's pretty much hit or miss. It's sad to say I should've just stuck with my Blaze because that thing was bulletproof and never let me down. $200 and no working device later.

Best Answer

Sadly, finding out the hard way after having SO many problems with the device since receiving it and reading forum topics...the Versa has all manner of problems at the moment. I have to return my device that I only received last week; here's hoping they fix whatever is plaguing the Versa

Best Answer

I had to unpair my flex2 to get my Versa to sync smoother. I really wanted to keep my flex2 on but it just interfered with the Versa syncing. My Versa syncs a lot better once the flex2 was taken off but there are times it takes a while for it to sync (more often then it should). Syncing smoothly has always been an issue with my Fitbits. Fitbit really needs to fix this problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

IM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE.  I went through   hours of contemplating between the versa & Apple Watch and I’m having the same issue. I’ve already reset it, I already disconnected Bluetooth, I’ve already restarted my phone and deleted the app and nothing is working. it’s not connecting I haven’t even been able to use it once. I’m so frustrated.

Best Answer

I have an android phone. Versa wasnt syncing with the phone. I noticed under phone settings that fitbits notifications was off. After turning it on, versa has been syncing no problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I've been playing with different settings and I've found two things..

Firstly; if you have more than one device then you need to switch off "Always Connected" and "All Day Sync" off the other devices that you aren't using at that point. Alternatively don't have them all on the same account

Secondly; if you are trying to sync your watch when it is already scheduled, for example pulling down the device page and releasing in quick succession it gets stuck. This may then require removing the device connection from the app, clearing the cache from the app, then force stopping the app, switching off both devices, the restarting the phone first and switching on Bluetooth before turning the watch back on making sure all other devices are set as described above. 

It has not been the full answer but it does seem to have made an improvement

I have also found that syncing works better on mobile data as opposed to Wifi

You may also want to ensure that all permissions for the app are granted.

Hope that helps

@

Best Answer

I'm having this same syncing and notification issue, after an annoyingly long setup, everything was going well, then after today's app uodate, a couple hrs later I realised I was no longer getting any notifications, then realised it stopped syncing. After toggling the bluetooth on and off and restarting the phone a few times, it started back syncing, however it went receive any phone notifications. Double checked all the settings and everything was as it should be, forced stopped the app in an effort to troubleshoot the notifications issue, and it stopped syncing again.  This is so annoying, I have a Samsung s8, can a solution be given to this please.

Decided to give fitbit a try again, after my charge hr gave up ghost just at the yr mark and also other friends had similar issues.  However I saw the versa and like direction fitbit was going, but now I'm disappointed that in day 3 I've having this issue.

Please solve quickly or I'm asking for my money back

Best Answer

Made the big mistake of unpairing the versa from bluetooth to try to pair it again to see if that would fix the problem and now it cant even detect the versa by bluetooth

So annoying

Help please!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve given up. Tried everything. Returning my Versa tomorrow. It only worked for 5 hours. Bought an Apple Watch today instead. Good luck everyone. Hopefully this message won’t get deleted since most of my messages have been removed. Been a Fitbit user and advocate for many many years. But they’ve lost a customer with this product. So disappointed. 

Best Answer