Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my versa since Thursday, during the day my watch will work fine and sync with no issues. When I get up the following morning it will no longer sync, Bluetooth connection keeps dropping (only when trying to sync). I factory reset Friday morning and Saturday morning, spent over a hour each morning installing and setting the watch up again. I’ve spent longer trying to get my watch to work instead of using it. I’ve tried everything, phone on/off, Fitbit on/off, delete and reinstall app, Bluetooth on/off. Other than factory reset I can’t see anything else that works! Very upset and disappointed 

Best Answer
710 REPLIES 710

Tried the factory reset, and to reinstall the app, now can't get past the pairing.  It won't find the watch.  Beyond disappointed and frustrated.

Best Answer

Ok, seems after hours of trying I finally got it resolved. I had turned on the bluetooth on my iPad in trying to see if the app there would fix the syncing and notifications problem, then when I did the factory reset it was still on and interfered with it finding the versa. Once I turned it off, the setup was able to be completed and all seems to working fine again.  Hopefully no more issues, fingers crossed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit yes. And no more trojbltroublesh for me. Sometimes it works, most of them it does not.

Sync only works somerimss (like twice per day) manually, never automatically even if so have always connected on.

There no other Bluetooth devices;

My android has last version;

I've installed the app more than 10 times;

I've made a reset to Versa another 10 times or more;

It is just not a reliable piece. Period. You pay 200€ to crakc your head almost a week because the **ahem** thing does not work.

IantI it better to make a recall??

Why do you put your customers to this?

Do you want us to just return it and by Apple or another thing?

Invredible.

Best Answer

Being new to the fitbit, I don't have a baseline like everyone else does on this thread relative to connectivity.   What i do notice is that when I look at my phone (android), most the times there's been a delay since it last synced (even though i have it selected to sync all day).    I guess my question is does this prohibit me from data transferring from my watch to my phone or is it just a delay issue?  If just a delay issue, I'm ok with that... however if I'm losing workouts/steps/etc, thats a bigger issue.  

Secondly, I appear to be getting duplicate message notifications from emails/texts...not sure why that would be, but not really the reason I got this watch so not a huge issue...just curious if others are experiencing it.  

All in all the fitbit platform for monitoring my health seem to be phenomenal, as such again I'm good with "delays", I'm not good with lost data.  

Thoughts?

Best Answer

I have also trouble , but not with syncing with bleuthoot .

syncng with WiFi , i have looked at My tether app from My archer rooter , and the versa is conected , but wen i want to download a new app or watchface , it dicapears from mij theter app.

i think its somting to do with the versa , or the fitbit app .

i hope tey can resolve it with a software update , for My its Dificult to return back the versa.

i hope fitbit thake it seriuously , and coms whit a update .

it had me to cost 230 euro , 

GN
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. I was reading your posts and I saw some of you have reported syncing issues with your Fitbit Versa. I took the liberty to merge all your post in to one thread to keep the focus of your feedback.

My friend @AlejandraFitbit has share recommendations for syncing issues. If you are having troubles with syncing issues and you haven't try her suggestions, please refer to her post here.

I've seen some of you are also mentioning heart rate or sleep is not being recorded.For Heart rate make sure to follow our troubleshooting guide: Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device? With sleep logs I would like to suggest the following:What should I know about sleep stages?

In addition if you are going to update your Versa's firmware, make sure your trackers are connected to Wi-Fi before starting the update process. Using Bluetooth, or Bluetooth Low Energy (Bluetooth LE), to update the firmware it can take longer to complete the process.

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

When I first got my Versa Special edition for my wife a few days ago, it would not let me add it to the phone app. I then uninstall the phone app and reinstalled it (there was a newer version that had not auto updated on her phone which I was unaware of). When I did that and turned on the wifi (you REALLY need to do this when installing the watch or it will take hours and may be unreliable) and it installed the Versa in about 30 minutes. She leaves all day synching on, as I do with my Ionic, and all is good (HR, sleep, steps, notifications, etc). She has a Samsung 8. I also find that transferring personal music over wifi takes about 30-45 seconds per song, for what it is worth. Yes, it is my job to be her tech person. My wife loves the Versa as it is a significant upgrade over her Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had trouble with mine but have just set it up as a new device without connecting it to WiFi and fingers crossed so far so good... we shall see tomorrow if it is still syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Versa on Wednesday and have had constant problems with it.  It took a while to set up, but then seemed to work for a few hours.  However; it then stopped Syncing.  I followed the various help Topics and did various resets.  Each seemed to solve the problem; but only for a short Period.  It seemed to be working well on Friday morning; but since 10.35 Friday evening; it is now refusing to Sync at all since then (it's now 3.10pm on Saturday.

I was replacing a Charge 2; which had worked well and is continuing to frequently Sync to my phone.  After reading all the various comments about the problems Syncing; it seems that I will have to return my new Versa for a refund.  This is a shame; as the Versa looks good; has a great screen; feels very comfortable to wear and was exactly what I was looking for.  However; if a new Fitbit device that cost me £199 to buy cannot even reliably Sync my Steps to my phone; it is now just a very expensive and very basic watch to tell the time.  I am very unhappy and frustrated.

Best Answer
I agree!! I was a Fitbit user for years and they should not have put this on the market with it acting this way. If it’s an app issue they need to address it because they are losing business. I’m getting an Apple Watch even though I really didn’t want to 😞

Jennifer Schauer
Best Answer

Yes it does!! I’m interested in the vivoactive 3. But after seeing the versa idk about going to it because it’s not as vibrant and it looks kind of “kid-ish” if you wills  I was actually going to get that but I really liked Fitbit so I was excited to try that one out. Check out fossil and huawei.. keep an eye on the screen size and how bulky it is because you really don’t need a lot of side buttons but a big screen is perfect.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Samsung gear sport . 

Its very good.  Good screen , good batery, 

and above al , its sinc . 

Oh , and it has spotefy , 

GN
Best Answer
No luck.
Samsung S5 unable to connect with Fitbit Versa.
Samsung is running on Android 4.4.2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have now tried a complete reset and unpaired the Versa from my phone to start again.  Now the phone can't even find the Versa using Bluetooth to complete the set up procedure.  Completely useless - the Versa is going back for a refund and I'll be telling my friends to avoid this very expensive piece of junk.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello again, to FitBit: will this be solved? Will you admit to have an
issue and provide a solution, or at least any kind of commentary (a real
one, not this every time same talk of troubleshooting), or shall I just
return my Versa due to a fabric/software misfunction? Thank you.
Best Answer

Fitbit Versa is not connecting with Samsung S 5 even after doing the following

1. Restarting both Samsung S 5 and Fitbit Versa.

2. Removing all other devices from Samsung S 5 mobile bluetooth setting.

3. Changing wifi to regular Rogers wifi instead of Rogers 5G wifi network

4. Making sure Fitbit Versa is charged 100% or on the charging station.

I am using Android 4.4.2 and handset shows i have latest version no updates required.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would like to add, that my Versa with medium battery, every time I try to sync manually it shuts down and no way to turn it on - only with resetting. This passing all limits really, one's pacience has limits.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  It's driving me crazy.  Keeps saying no bluetooth connection.  I don't know what the heck to do. 

Best Answer
You dont use bluetooth to do set up. Use your wifi.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same phone & have updated latest software and the versa tracker software will not sync via Bluetooth 

Best Answer
0 Votes