Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my versa since Thursday, during the day my watch will work fine and sync with no issues. When I get up the following morning it will no longer sync, Bluetooth connection keeps dropping (only when trying to sync). I factory reset Friday morning and Saturday morning, spent over a hour each morning installing and setting the watch up again. I’ve spent longer trying to get my watch to work instead of using it. I’ve tried everything, phone on/off, Fitbit on/off, delete and reinstall app, Bluetooth on/off. Other than factory reset I can’t see anything else that works! Very upset and disappointed 

Best Answer
710 REPLIES 710

Make sure your charge 2 is unpaired from your phones Bluetooth, that solved sync issues for me. It's a great product once it is set up.

Best Answer

I did a factory reset on the watch, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, was still having an issue with it finding it, then checked the Bluetooth on my iPad and realized it was on, turned it off, setup then was a breeze and I haven’t had any issues since

Best Answer

April 17th I bought a fitbit versa and I'm having problems with the synchronization, the same problem does not occur with my Fitbit Blaze that connects with the application of my samsung s8 plus instantly, which only proves that oproblema is on the Versa system.

21.04 I completed 16.000 Steps and the next day I appear in the application as zero Data steps, that is, the system of Versa is not working, I am very disappointed, since I bought the last model of the Fitbit and the same it works.

I'm waiting for a brief return of how to proceed, the problem is in my watch in specific or in the Fitbit Versa ???

Should I return the clock in the store and get my money back? 

Fernanda Tusutiya
Best Answer

Turning on “All Day Sync” actually causes the Versa to STOP being connected every time I try it (in which case I have to force shutdown the app).

Sync is working for me but Notifications aren’t. Disappointed. I replaced my Alta which never had connection issues.

Best Answer

Just got the feedback from customers device, and they say that my Huawei P10, running on last Android version, that worked perfectly with FitBit Alta and FitBit Alta HR, is not compatible with any FitBit products.

How can you provide such awful service?

Why not admit you ahce an issue with Versa???

Best Answer

Some devices can only handle one bluetooth connection at the same time. I noticed that my phone app would only update my steps during walks and, mysteriously, only sometimes when I was at home.

Long story short: when my PC is on (where I had also installed the fitbit app), that bluetooth connection sees the Versa and automatically connects to it, so it won't talk to my phone anymore. Turned off the PC and bingo: phone connected to versa again. So now I remove the Versa from my PC's bluetooth devices list every time (is an alternative to completely turning the PC off) or I update steps/stats on that PC app instead of the phone when I'm at home.

Best Answer

Thanks for the various comments and advice.  I did unpair my charge 2 and then I started a brand new set up of my Versa.  It synced a few times and I also got a few notifications - however it is now no longer syncing (the last Sync was 7:52pm last night and it's now 11.00am the following morning).

For the few hours the Versa has worked; it was great and has all the features I need; but a few hours out of 4 days is not good.  I want to give the Versa a chance; but I feel that there are only so many resets and only so much time I can waste before admitting defeat and sending it back.  I'll just have to wait for the next Fitbit and hope the issues have been sorted out by then.  

Best Answer

I've done everything in your post and I'm still having the same issue and apparently so are a lot of other people. We'd appreciate it if Fitbit would look into this issue and try to resolve it. 

Best Answer

Hello! I did that twice and it syncs but then a few minutes later I get a pop up that says there is an issue and it cannot sync. This happened a bunch of times. Not sure what else to try. 

Best Answer

I’m sorry but I’ve never had that kind of issue and I’m not gonna start being “gentle” with a fitness watch for little things like that. Those problems should have been handled

Best Answer

Agree! I have been an avid Fitbit user for years and just upgraded to this watch. It’s so annoying! They need to fix it soon or they’re gona start losing a lot of customers! 

Best Answer

UPDATE:

YAY I GOT IT TO WORK ON MY IPHONE.

What I had to do:

1. First I disconnected the Versa from the app. I also had previously removed my Alta from the Fitbit app.

2. The more important step: I went into Bluetooth settings on my phone and REMOVED the Versa from there. You can select it if it says "Connected", and then select "Forget this device".

3. I turned off Bluetooth and turned it back on. (Just a guess.)

4. I went back into the Fitbit app and then went to Add device and added the device.

5. I had tried step #4 a bunch of times but hadn't tried step #2, and it would always get stuck on "Pairing..." This time it properly paired, and then went through the setup steps!

I think somehow the Fitbit app is somehow not able to sync/setup a device that's already paired with the physical hardware, so I had to remove all traces of the connection on my phone first.

This leads me to believe that all the problems people are having are, in fact, software problems and not hardware problems. It's likely bugs in the Fitbit app itself where it's not able to handle different Bluetooth connection states - found but not paired, paired but not setup in app. My guess is they only tested "fresh" connections with limited hardware and only one paired device, but I could be wrong.

Hope that helps someone! Try to go into your hardware settings and remove all traces of your device and then start again from the Fitbit app.

Best Answer

Were you ever having issues with the update?? Mine would loose the WiFi and Bluetooth signal and never even updated for the first time when I got it. (Also I have an iPhone)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nothing but problems with connection since I got it. Won't connect with
headphones. Still having connectio issues to my home WiFi. I'm so close to
returning it.
Best Answer

I have a Surge, Charge 2 and One all connect to my Bluetooth fine. Then came Versa. Had to take all of them off and put Versa on, after 3 days of using Versa it doesn't stay connected to my phone and seems to arbitrarily sometimes sync. I think this is a Versa issue that needs to be addressed, especially when the other devices are syncing properly.

Best Answer

I have a Surge, Charge 2 and One all connect to my Bluetooth fine. Then came Versa. Had to take all of them off and put Versa on, after 3 days of using Versa it doesn't stay connected to my phone and seems to arbitrarily sometimes sync. I think this is a Versa issue that needs to be addressed, especially when the other devices are syncing properly.

Been there, done that and while it worked for awhile it may sync twice a day or may not. Can't spend a good portion of my time fooling with my phone and Versa. Fitbit needs to admit there is a Bluetooth issue.

Best Answer
Followed all the same steps and it worked fine for about 24 hours and now
back to the same issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried starting over once again today - wiped all traces of Versa from my phone (app and Bluetooth), uninstalled the app, did a factory reset on the watch, reinstalled the app (version 2.7 on my android Moto-G). As the watch was getting the firmware again the app seemed to eventually get stuck and displayed 'Looking for Versa, check Versa for progress' The watch seemed to be done but the app never moves beyond that message. I believe that has happened every time I have reinstalled (lost count). I left it at that state for about 20-30 minutes but eventually had to force close the app. Everything seemed to work OK and would sync fine for about the first hour - then syncing was hit and miss, sometimes giving me the message that it needed to turn the Bluetooth off and back on. This evening it will eventually sync but it may take 5-6 tries to get it to happen. On top of that my notifications, which had worked yesterday, have now stopped coming through and I have to trouble shoot that as well. Firmware 32.32.4.19 - sure hope there will be a fix coming soon or this has to be returned.

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried all the suggestions. I have a Sony Z5, I see older Sony phones are on the list, but mine aren't. Any reason for this?

So I ended up having to pair my Versa again, losing all unsynced data. Then it all worked fine for 5 days, now it's the same again. I'm not really interested in doing this every 5 days. 

The weird thing is all other data than sleep shows up in the app. I have looked at the link about sleep, I can't see it has anything to do with this issue.

Close to giving up this watch now.

Best Answer

There is a Money back guarantee within 45 days so don’t miss that.

Best Answer