Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my versa since Thursday, during the day my watch will work fine and sync with no issues. When I get up the following morning it will no longer sync, Bluetooth connection keeps dropping (only when trying to sync). I factory reset Friday morning and Saturday morning, spent over a hour each morning installing and setting the watch up again. I’ve spent longer trying to get my watch to work instead of using it. I’ve tried everything, phone on/off, Fitbit on/off, delete and reinstall app, Bluetooth on/off. Other than factory reset I can’t see anything else that works! Very upset and disappointed 

Best Answer
710 REPLIES 710
Thanks. It's boxed up and ready to go back to where I bought it. 😢
Best Answer

I'm not syncing either  been over 12 hrs  it was working fine but now its not. 

Best Answer
I had emailed customer service, did trouble shooting, and they replied they
were having issues and my Versa was syncing still, so not broken.

Then magically checking out phone app and reinstalling, all is well again.
It appears issue was with the operating system and not my actual versa.

Hope this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks I just tried reinstalling my app but didn't seem to fix the sync issue  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit I have still having the same issues and in addition to the syncing and notification issues my versa has been rebooting/restarting by itself multiple times a day regardless of what I'm doing even when it's got 95% battery. It did it 4 times in one hour last night when I was just watching tv. I'm starting to think I need to return it because it's faulty?

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

Please note that we experienced an outage a couple days ago that was affecting syncing on the Fitbit Versa, however this issue has been resolved. If you're still experiencing syncing issues, I would like to suggest you to check the following:

• Restart your Versa (if you haven't done it yet) by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen.
  • Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your iPhone or iPad is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your iPhone or iPad and try to sync.

@VersaUser, at this moment, as your Versa keeps restarting multiple times, I would like to suggest you to perform a factory reset by going to your watch, then open Settings > About > Factory Reset. Make sure to sync one last time before performing this operation. After the Factory reset, set up your watch as a new device in your account one more time. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I was about to give up on my new Versa and send it back; but I decided to give it another try.  It is now working perfectly.  It's disappointing that Fitbit were experiencing problems with Syncing; but all the customers buying a new Versa thought it was their problem.  I've now learnt a lesson never to buy a new Product in the first few weeks of release; until any potential problems have been sorted out.

However; I'm now very pleased with my Versa - it is very comfortable to wear and does everything that I need.  I just feel sorry for everybody who sent their back after so many initial problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried the instructions given for re-pairing the versa, and it still won’t work. It gets stuck on the “Found It! Connecting to Tracker” step. 

Best Answer

Okay I am getting really fed up with Fitbit and the moderators constantly providing the same useless advice. After issues with syncing when I had this a week ago. Today suddenly I can't sync. It didn't log sleep last night and now it won't even reconnect to my account.. 

This is totally unacceptable. 

UPDATE: I may have found how to deal with this now...but if so, Fitbit Moderators have missed out vital instructions in thier post. Some steps were correct, but not specific enough. 

Those that are still having issues since the syncing fix - can you try this for me please?

I have not reset the Fitbit device tonight as I wanted to keep the data that hadn't synced up so I have left my versa as it is but for me at least I have had to delete all trace of Fitbit devices from my mobile devices. It seems like it isnt just the app that needs to be cleared off with no trace, but all fitbit devices firstly need removing from the app, then the app deleted, any stored connections in Bluetooth and WiFi menus removed, any connected apps such as drivebit needs to be removed, and your watch has to be charged to at least 50% and left on the charger when you begin the pairing process. and reconnect to WiFi with a new authentication because..they have not just "fixed" a sync issue (and I use the word "fix" loosely) they have deployed a whole new software update!!! This requires you starting from scratch like you have never had the versa paired to your device in the first place and it has to be on the charger to update.

In some cases this may require a total wipe and reset of the mobile/tablet you sync with as it seems for some devices removing the app and previous pairing details isn't enough. 

Please can someone try it and let us know?

p.s this is the second time I had to go through this process for a software update and both times it worked

Best Answer

For 2 days,  I couldn't get my fitbit to sync or connect to bluetooth. I called customer service and talked to the best agent ever (Myra), and in 5 minutes, everything is working perfect. She went into my fitbit from get end,  and whatever she did, magically my Versa is PERFECT, playing my music connected to wifi and bluetooth with my phone.  So happy now

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit it was rebooting every single time I went to check the time yesterday, it still wouldn't sync properly so I returned to the shop I bought it from.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyB Restart and try to setup three times in a row? I’ve done a factory reset more than thatover the past couple of days, but I’d it needs to be in a row I can try that. I’m on my second factory reset/setup for today. I’m trying to get it working as the Fitbit I have is backorder 1-2 weeks so I won’t get a new one for awhile.

Best Answer

@cbielans that was many pages ago. I said restart 3 times. I didn't say set up 3 times.

Read the rest of the posts and maybe you will find your solution

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@WendyB Sorry I didn’t realize that post was old. I also thought you meant factory reset not the normal regular reset. Sorry again. I’m probably just going to have to wait until the backordered Versas come in stock and Fitbit will send me a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

One day after factory reset that fixed the "connecting to fitbit" issue, my Versa stopped syncing. No sleep data and heart rate is not showing on my fitbit app. I called tech support who spent an hour with me, and finally threw in the towel and asked me to return the unit. Then magically, an hour ago, it starts syncing again and I can see last night's sleep data and heart rate is registering again. I was about to box it up to return it tomorrow!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pink-Flamingo @MarcoGFitbit after the “fix” was released, I did another factory reset on mine yesterday. Deleted everything, as you said, app, forgot from Bluetooth, forgot device in app before the reset. Set it up, worked better but did   Have syncing issues throughout the day but Marco moderators tip to unpair Bluetooth restart phone pair Bluetooth would fix it. However, this morning, I cannot get the watch to sync at all. It says it’s connected but will not sync. Which has ALWAYS been the problem for me and many others, it seems. Anyone, specifically anyway working for Fitbit, have a solution to that?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love a solution. I have the same problem - my Versa is connected (can receive notifications) but can’t sync to get heart rate and sleep data. This is after multiple soft resets, Bluetooth unpairing and repairing, add new device, replace device, factory resets and three calls to tech support. Frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the Iconic which worked perfectly but I liked the smaller size of the Versa.  I’n having issues with it not syncing.  I’m disappointed in the Versa but hope you can help solve this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too what is Fitbit doing about it

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me, thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes