Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my versa since Thursday, during the day my watch will work fine and sync with no issues. When I get up the following morning it will no longer sync, Bluetooth connection keeps dropping (only when trying to sync). I factory reset Friday morning and Saturday morning, spent over a hour each morning installing and setting the watch up again. I’ve spent longer trying to get my watch to work instead of using it. I’ve tried everything, phone on/off, Fitbit on/off, delete and reinstall app, Bluetooth on/off. Other than factory reset I can’t see anything else that works! Very upset and disappointed 

Best Answer
710 REPLIES 710

I was having the same issue with my versa not syncing to the fitbit app. On my phone I re-set the wifi connection under the settings and that solved the problem for me. Hope that   helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Restarting worked! Thank you.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Did you also on the fitbit app-go under account then go to devices try re-syncing there. 

YEAH Smiley Happy. Glad it works

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate some of you have come back letting me know your issue has now been resolved and your Versa is now syncing. We experienced some outages last week that affected some functionalities like syncing or setting up trackers and watches. 

In case you're still having trouble syncing your Versa, please refer to my previous post for tips and instructions. If after following these instructions your Versa is still not syncing, please reply to me with the following information:

• phone/tablet model you're currently using.
  • OS version running on your phone
  • App version currently installed (go to Account > Help to get it)

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I have only had my Versa a few weeks and in the last 3 days it won't syn. I have tried everything that was suggested. A few things worked but only for a few hours then it won't sync again. Tried the same thing again and this time it wouldn't work at all. I bought this phone because of being able to get notifications while at work. Other then tth sync problem I love it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for your advice. Factory reset is only option and finally worked after hours of wasted time. Very disappointed with Fitbit response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbitVersa still not syncing - have tried all the steps. The watch won't sync to my laptop either. Will sync after a factory reset for that day only, then quits syncing the next day.

Fitbit app 2.49 (755)

iOS 11.3.1

iphone 8 plus

Best Answer

This worked!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bmoreliketrese, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board! It's nice to see you too @HotEwok, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@Bmoreliketrese, I appreciate you have joined us to let me know your issue has now been resolved. I'm very glad!

@HotEwok, thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well.

Happy stepping! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hi. I have had my versa since sunday and have three times now removed all trace of it from my phone and repaired. I have followed all of the advice including attempting thru another device. Tried app on Xbox and still no success. I have an open case apparently with support(given via twitter) of #24596246. The information you have asked for however is....

Device - iPhone 6S

OS Version - 11.3.1 (15E302)

App Version - 2.50 (760)

it seems as though intermittently, basic information is syncing such as steps, floors and distance travelled however it isn’t syncing the interceding stuff like aleepnjnsight etc. Starting to get really quite annoyed with the lack of support provided and failed promises about being contacted.

Many help you can provide would be great.

Bryan

Best Answer

@Cnynurse wrote:

I was having the same issue with my versa not syncing to the fitbit app. On my phone I re-set the wifi connection under the settings and that solved the problem for me. Hope that   helps.

How did you even get to that? My wi-fi settings just keep circling and nothing loads

Best Answer

Cnynurse, how do you reset the wifi? When I go into the fitbit app the wifi connection options won't even load. On my phone itself, I've tried everything. Anyone else hopeful that this will resolved?

I really love the watch, and don't want to return it but will have to if this doesn't get fixed. Who wants to pay $200 only to get half the functionality of the item you paid for. 

Best Answer

I have done all these things and set it on all day sync and it does not sync on a regular basis it is always missing data. This is my fourth Fitbit product and this is the only one to ever have issues like this. Big disappointment. What can I do? Is an exchange even going to make it better?

Best Answer
This is actually my 2nd Versa, I exchanged my first one hoping it was just
that fitbit and that a new one would give me no issues....nope. At first it
was working okay, after messing with it for hours. I went to sleep, woke up
and it stopped working and now I can't even get it to connect to my
bluetooth. I'm so disappointed, I've tried everything. I really want to
keep the watch, hoping some kind of update will help.

-- Janelle Torres
Best Answer

My versa won't sync either,  it stopped as of 5/2, so it's not tracking my steps..it is tracking my heart beat. .glad to see I'm not the only one with issues..tried restarting,  nothing works..paid to much to be having this issue. .any other suggestions???

Best Answer

I've had my Versa since the day it was released, April 16th and it has been a very rocky road.  It just will not remain connected to my Galaxy S7.  I've tried everything suggested in these forums multiple times and it works for a while and then I'm right back to the same problems.  Last night I even factory reset it and went through the long horrible process of enduring that 30 minute firmware update and it synced right after it was set up and then not again last night.  Then this morning it was working for a few hours and I was even able to download a new clock face.  I went out on a hike with it to find that the same syncing/connection issue occurring again.  A pop up message in the Fitbit app appeared telling me my phone's Bluetooth was turned off but it wasn't turned off.

I had driven to where I was going to hike and my car has Bluetooth so I'm assuming that's what caused the problem but who knows.  It seems like any other Bluetooth device within range of the Versa can cause it to lose connection and then it will not reconnect unless I remove it as a device in the Fitbit app and from my phone's Bluetooth settings.  It will then sync again when I add it back to the Fitbit app but usually only once and then it won't sync again after a couple minutes. So aggravating.

I guess Fitbit does exchanges?  I bought it through Best Buy and my return period is over. 

It's such a shame because when it's working, I enjoy wearing it. 

Best Answer

Hope this works cause this versa isn't syncing to phone just bought this the other day

Best Answer

I have followed all instructions, I factory reset the versa, my phone, everything. It synced right after reset, but now it's not again, which is interfering with me getting notifications, please help, I want to keep my watch!

Phone: samsung galaxy j3

OS version: 5.1.1

App version 2.71

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wiw, I bought my on April 16th from best buy as well and I didn't get the extra protection.

I enjoy wearing mine as well. It does seem to track everything on the watch itself just not the phone. .I do like the way it wears as well.

Thanks for the confirmation that I'm not going crazy..hopefully FITBIT works something out..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just purchased my Versa today and was very excited to use this on my walk this afternoon.  The set up has been smooth up to this point.  Very, very disappointed that I am unable to sync my watch to my phone.  I've tried all the suggested tips and nothing is working.  For the price I paid this is totally unacceptable.  Never had an issue like this with my older Fitbit.

Best Answer