Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my versa since Thursday, during the day my watch will work fine and sync with no issues. When I get up the following morning it will no longer sync, Bluetooth connection keeps dropping (only when trying to sync). I factory reset Friday morning and Saturday morning, spent over a hour each morning installing and setting the watch up again. I’ve spent longer trying to get my watch to work instead of using it. I’ve tried everything, phone on/off, Fitbit on/off, delete and reinstall app, Bluetooth on/off. Other than factory reset I can’t see anything else that works! Very upset and disappointed 

Best Answer
710 REPLIES 710
Sorry to hear that, I've been hearing from everyone..this concerns me..

I plan to contact the Fitbit customer service..maybe give them a call.

Whar a dilema!!
Best Answer

I just got my Versa in today. The initial set up went fine, I had no connection issues. When I tried changing the clock face it stated giving me issues and wouldn't connect to my phone anymore. I've gone through all the troubleshooting steps and it still won't sync. Here is the info for my phone:

LG Stylo 2 [LS775]

Os 7.0

App version 2.71 (2193273)

Can you help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Issues like this are common to Bluetooth, we just don't see them as often with other devices (like headphones, speakers, or a car) because they aren't on and connected 24/7 like the versa is.  I expect my versa to occasionally do this...when it does, I restart the watch, unpair it (not just turn Bluetooth off, but actually manually unpair it from my phone settings) and re-pair it and it syncs immediately.  This is with a Samsung phone BTW...hope that helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem but the tech walked me through steps to help me sync my watch and it works great now

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the info. .my is working beautifully now. .it's
syncing..perfectly!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just reset it again, praying it works, if not I'll call a tech as well.

Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Been trying to sync since Friday.  It will do it partially and then tell me the Versa’s Bluetooth is not turned on.  Have restarted, deleted versa from my android phone a number of times—has a great deal of trouble pairing—have to do four or five attempts before it happens.  Have turned off android Bluetooth and then turned on again a great number of times; turned odd WiFi several times too to no avail.  I went back to Best Buy but the Geek Squad person wasn’t familiar with th3 versa so that was worthless.  I guess I need to return it and call it a day.  Extremely frustrating, especially since it is obviously a problem with the Versa.

Best Answer
Have you tried calling and speaking to a fitbit tech? I gave in and called
last evening. They were very nice and helpful. She walked me through some
steps and got it working for me (syncing, bluetooth and notifications).
Now, I have to say the connection and notifications haven't been
consistently working, but they have been working better. Worth a shot
before you return it. I do know that if I have to continuously restart
everything, everyday, just to get notifications and have it work as it
should, I'm taking it back. Hoping when the firmware update rolls out to
me, that it will fix all the issues.

-- Janelle Torres
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to update everyone. I received my replacement on Friday and it has been working perfectly. Setup was easy, no error messages and syncing fine. Hopefully it’ll continue to work 🤞🏻 

Best Answer

Android phone: Samsung 8 set on all-day sync.  Last sync yesterday morning at 6:03am

App: 2.70

recent Samsung update

versa firmware version: 32.32.419. (Versa special edition)

endless loop for sync.  Draining my phone battery quickly.  

Took forever to set up WiFi as it too went into endless loop.  It is as if the watch has trouble waking up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
As an update, mine seems to be working and syncing so far, once I turned off the bluetooth and turned it back on. I have a Samsung 5.. Even my emails and texts starting coming through..

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks..

Cristy
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yay, hope it continues to work for you. For those still having issues...I
called a fitbit tech again, it turns out my phone isn't completely
compatible at this time, although I had no issues with my other fitbit.
This is what is causing it to work for a short while then stop. According
to them it shows my actual Versa device is working as it should. I'm due
for an upgrade for a phone anyway, hoping after that I'll be all set.
Otherwise, I'm done with this fitbit. But something to check into, being
sure your phone is fully compatible. They have a list on there website.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your post.  My Versa synced for the first 3 days I had it and then it just stopped.  I found your post and tried out your suggestion of taking it out of All-Day Sync and now it seems to be syncing again.  I hope Fitbit solves this problem.

Best Answer

This helped me a lot, thanks for sharing!  I went into my Android blutooth settings and hit "forget" on the versa, and then repaired.  Wish it would do this though and font know what device is at fault (using moto g plus).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having to reset my Versa every single morning. Going to contact tech support tonight again to see if it can be fixed, if not I will just return it and go back to my Polar device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

just tried it...doesn't help. this is beyond frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate some of you have already come back and let us know that your Versa is now syncing after updating the app, the firmware update on your Versa or after contacting our Support Team. I'm really glad. 

For those of you who are still having trouble syncing your Versa and have already tried the troubleshooting steps in my previous post, and have not yet created a case with Support, please reply to me with the following information so I can check this further:

• Have you updated your Versa?
  • Which phone are you currently using?
  • Which app version is currently installed in your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)?
  • Have you performed a factory reset on your Versa?

Thanks again for all your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

My Versa will not sinc with Fitbit app. Let me know how to fix or I’m sending it back

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have enabled all day sync. It still can’t find versa

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ultimately I unpaired it on the Bluetooth, my phone , powered the versa
down, which reset it, paired it back to Bluetooth and turned the versa back
on..it's been syncing every sense..my phone is a Samsung Galaxy 5 by the
way. .hope that helps..
Best Answer
0 Votes